BY RUDI'S #26 in Gluten-Free Snacks

Rudi's Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Sandwich Bread..
Certified GF Gluten-Free®.
Gluten-Free Bakery.
All-Natural Ingredients. see more...

Rudi's Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread Cinnamon Raisin
  • "I think this was probably the best cinnamon raisin bread (gluten or non-gluten free) that I have ever eaten." in 2 reviews
ec408e c.
Review from my Rock the Lunch box campaign. Rudi's bread 14 slices: This is a nice alternative to Sun-Maid's cinnamon swirl raisin bread, the one in the recognizable red packaging with the girl on the front. I've been eating that brand since I was a little kid, just like most people. This Rudi's one is slightly smaller in overall size and height, if I'm remembering Sun-Maid's overall size and height correctly. And Rudi's raisins are nowhere near as plump or as plentiful as Sun-Maid's bread. Maybe it has to do with Rudi's bread being frozen. On the package, it says to keep it frozen and when you're ready to eat it, thaw it on the counter for up to 5 days. I stuck mine in the frig, it's been a week, and still looks okay with no mold. You can definitely taste that the Rudi's one has been frozen though. Even after it's been defrosted for a week, and put in a toaster, the bread is slightly crumbly, not as soft, and you can tell it's not fresh. This is a deal-breaker for me personally b/c I like super soft bread. That's why I usually like to buy white bread versus wheat bread, even though it's not as healthy. Rudi's bread was $4.99 for 14 slices at my local Target. For the smaller size, less raisins, and frozen taste, I would not buy this if given the choice. I don't buy raisin bread very often, but when I do, I want it to be as good as I remember when I was a kid. And that means not frozen if I can help it.
Natalie W.
It's VERY hard to find a GOOD GF cinnamon-raisin bread (I don't think I have yet) and this one isn't great either. It's like they just took all the flavor out of their multigrain bread and added raisins. That's about all. Not worth it, I get sick of it halfway through a package and it ends up going bad.
Marisa S.
Wdm, IA
This is not my go to brand but I would rate it in a close second or third. Its cost is similar to the other brands. I would recommend this if you have not tried it out!
Suzi B.
Atlanta, GA
Rudi's Gluten-Free products were buy one get one free at grocery store this week so I decided I would give the cinnamon raisin bread a try. This was my first time trying a Rudi's product, and based on my experience it will not be the last. I think this was probably the best cinnamon raisin bread (gluten or non-gluten free) that I have ever eaten. I have tried several gluten-free bread brands and have been disappointed because they always seem so mushy to me. Rudi's bread toasted up nice and crunchy and had a great texture. It had a nice cinnamon taste and was loaded with raisins. I don't think you would ever suspect it was gluten-free if you didn't already know. Highly recommend!
Jenna O.
Gluten free bread is usually super crumbly and dense (or filled with wholes, I'm looking at you Udi's!) but Rudi's bread has never let me down! It's a little expensive (as most gluten free products are) but the cinnamon raisin bread has really good flavor, which is hard to come by for gluten free bread, I would know I've had to eat gluten free for the last 17 years :(
Tara K.
Charlotte, NC
So many gluten free breads are full of huge gaping holes (Udis!!!) or crumbly and dry in texture. This bread is light, full of flavor, toasts extremely well and I've never had a loaf with a hole in it. It's a new discovery for me, but it's making my spring breakfasts a hit, because this bread is fabulous toasted with a little bit of cinnamon cream cheese on top!!!!
Katie L.
Lusby, MD
I received a coupon to try a Rudi's bread for free as part of the #rockthelunchbox campaign. We choose the cinnamon raison since we aren't big sandwich eaters, but love breakfast breads and toast. We were a little disappointed with this bread however. The taste isn't bad, but the bread is kind of hard and dry. We tried toasting it, but it didn't really help that much, and after the first pice, my kids refused to eat any more of it.
isis g.
Long Branch, NJ
Ok, calling it bread is a bit of a stretch, but its not bad at all. This one is the only variety I can handle eating. Its all natural and gluten free. Make sandwiches, etc. But I did this: I toasted the slices slightly, took it out of the toaster warm, spread a little organic butter and crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Put it back in the toaster oven. Let it toast some more, took it out, cut it into squares and voila! Croutons for my leafy green salad. Was prety good ;)
Diana S.
N Salt Lake, UT
I got this with a coupon from the #rockthelunchbox campaign. I could only find it in the refrigerated section at Whole Foods and it was way too dry and maybe stale to make into sandwiches. I turned it into French Toast and that was ok, but I don't think I would ever actually purchase it myself.
Jennifer G.
Laconia, NH
My family and I do not eat gluten free. I got this because of the free product coupons I got. Toasted with a little better this was delicious and both my children loved it. The price however was very high at the store I got it at the regular price was $6.99 for a loaf
Karen A.
Quaker City, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
How does this bread taste? Does it have a good cinnamon raisin flavor?
Jessica M.
Buffalo, NY
I've been looking for more breads to try besides plain- gets boring after awhile. Often I find gluten free bread to be dry/crumby etc and overpriced. How is this compare Udi bread?