BY ROYAL CARIBBEAN #2 in Cruise Lines

• Trying to decide on next cruise 1. Baltic 2. Australia/New Zeala...4 Answers
  • Anyone ever leave out of NY of NJ during the summer? Where can I ...2 Answers
  • Average costs of three day cruises? Do they have many that depart...2 Answers
Royal Caribbean
  • "I have only had family members that went on this cruise line and they highly recommended it they said the amenities are wonderful and the staff is great as well." in 10 reviews
Michelle F.
Tualatin, OR
esta bien shilo oala me regalen doble pasaje todo incluido gratis para llevarme a mi bovio jejejeje please se los agradeceria mucho jajaja los espero besitos shao juujuj y si esta bien shulo creo si lo recomendria jejeje padre padre padre padre
JOHANNY M.
The dedication to excellent service has definitely declined over the years! We felt like at every turn (even during dinner) we were bombarded with staff trying to get us to purchase extras (specialty dining, specialty drinks, art, photos, etc.) However, the few times we actually needed assistance, we got blank stares from the few staff we could find.
Krystal T.
Fairmont, WV
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Luxurious and comfortable. They keep you entertained and the outings are a lot of fun. The caribbean cruise was outstanding!
Majalina W.
Killeen, TX
Best time in my life! I really want to go again this time somewhere else can't wait to make a another trip with you guys
Ana Belen M.
MIAMI, FL
The cruise with the best destinations in the world, is a departure from the routine, an escape to a paradise, you can enjoy in family, couple, a special meeting, an anniversary,
Lesley R.
Lenexa, KS
Absolutely love RC...great itineraries, great food, entertainment isn't half bad, love their beverage packages!
Lily D.
I have been on one cruise in 2015 and we already have another scheduled for 2017. All my friends recommended Royal Caribbean as the cruise line to use and so we scheduled our first cruise to depart from Ft Lauderdale Feb 2015 to the Eastern Caribbean, on Indepenance of the Seas. The ship was amazing, like a city on the water. It was much bigger than we anticipated. The food was amazing, and the Bread Pudding was my favorite! I wish I had the recipe. The staff was amazing. They were so helpful, we had a lot of questions because it was our first time and we were not traveling with any cruise-veterans. The shows were amazing. They were fun and upbeat, even the ones we weren't sure we would enjoy, we did.
Angie T.
Rockville, MD
The pros:
~ Everything on the boat looked nice.
~ The pools/hot tubs were awesome.
~ The gym, dry sauna, and steam sauna were awesome!! Very clean.
~ The ice skating show and the cirque du soleil type show were amazing!

The cons:
~ A lot of confusion happened on the ship due to the information on the compass being incorrect. (times and locations of events; no description of the event) A lot of the workers didn't even know what the events were or when they happened.
~There were 2 formal nights and 0 semi-formal nights. We weren't told when formal nights where until the night before, so it was hard to plan for activities since you don't know when you need to get dolled up and when not to.
~ We did dine-in dinners in the main restaurant every night of the cruise. The food almost always came out room temperature. The pasta would come out under cooked. The ice cream by the time it reached our table was half melted. The dessert would literally be sitting in a pool of ice cream. Food was very salty. You can tell the food was pre-made and sitting there for awhile before it was served. The main waiter was never really at the table. He also would give half the table their food, but then disappear for awhile before handing out the rest of the food which we could clearly see sitting a two feet away from us.
~ Too many comedian nights; who weren't very funny.
~ Too many add-ons you had to pay for. Many times too expensive. Around $90 just for soda for the week.
~ They had more places where you had pay additional to eat at compared to what came with your regular cruise ticket. 3 restaurants, a cupcake store, a ice cream store, and a coffee store all cost extra. 1 buffet, 1 restaurant (short time frame), a pizza place (normally only 2-3 types of pizza), a tiny sandwich selection (inside the coffee shop), and a frozen yogurt machine by the pools. Because the buffet and restaurant were only open for short time frames, the lines for pizza, sandwiches, and frozen yogurt were extremely long all the time.
~ We were on the ship on Christmas and Hanukkah There were barely any holiday decorations. Santa only visited twice (an hour each time) I wish they made the ship a bit more festive.
~ The entertainment was either geared to the children or the older generations. Not much for the young adults. (18 yrs old - mid 30 yrs old)

I probably will not go on a Royal Caribbean cruise again. I'm not sure if this experience was a one time thing or what, but there were a lot of cons and not enough pros.
Melanie N.
Valrico
Great cruise line! I had so much fun. Nothing but great things to say about it. I loved it.
Maidelyn P.
Royal Carribean was the first cruise and cruise line that I went on. We booked the trip my family and I through AAA. The ship we stayed on was the Majesty of the Sea which is one of their older ships. It was a 5 day cruise leaving from Miami to the Bahamas. This was not a very pleasant trip. Now mind you, some of the issues we had were specific to the ship, which again, I want to point out, wasn't a new ship, but still there were a lot of issues. First of all, this was a family trip with 5 adults and 5 teens (under 21 but at or over 18), due to the rules one ship anyone under 21 had to be in a room accompanied by an adult. So the suite that the adults got was split up and adults were then forced to sleep in a tiny interior room with a young adult. We worked around that though, it just would have been nice to know when we were buying tickets... Then we brought my grandmother who is handicapped and needs a wheelchair to get around. There was 1 working elevator on this ship and 90% of the time it was down for one reason or another. So doing things with grandma was a huge hassle! Then come to find out the adult suite that we were in had roaches in it and other bugs.... The rest of the cruise was decent... Because it was an older ship there wasn't a lot to do, and with all the kids running around it was just blah... The worst part of the trip happened at the end. We all wanted to leave together but of course the released us by floors and since the suite and the interior rooms were on different floors that couldn't happen, plus we all had different flights back home so some had to leave right away while others could wait. All of my family has gotten off the boat at this point besides my cousin and I I get to the door and they swipe my card and tell me I can not leave the ship, I must go speak to the front desk. Now I'm just shy just turned 18 or maybe I was 17 at that time not sure, but I'm freaking out because I've never travelled before and my family has all gotten off and I'm being told I can't leave, and the line for the front desk is huge! So I call my mom and tell her they won't lead me off, she freaks out turns around starts yelling and screaming at the people to let her back on, he PR child is being detained blah blah blah, finally she gets to me, we get to the front desk.... Come to find out they stopped me because they wanted to offer us a 20% off our next trip with them because of the roaches.mcome to find out they meant the offer for my dad who share the same first name as me, but they stopped me by mistake. My mother flips out on these people then come to find out my cousin was also stopped for a outstanding bill. Which he meant to pay but his paycheck was still processing when we got back to port. Instead of telling us about a promissory note he could have signed to pay the money back later, they made it seem like if he didn't pay it all right then he would go to some debtors prison or something, basically forcing my mom to pay for his debt to make sure we could all leave and still catch out planes. Luckily we were able to get out fairly quickly afterwards and nobody missed their flight, but it was a pretty big thing to hold up a child for a coupon... I man they could have emailed it, mailed it, just put it on our account, any number of things really. But anyway, besides that the good parts were good, the food was amazing! I would suggest getting the soda plan which gives you access to unlimited soda. The Bahamas the self were beautiful and there were some pretty cool things to do on the ship, especially at night. I'd definitely take a cruise again, maybe with Royal Carribean but only if it were in a newer ship. Before you take a cruise though really research the ship!
Marquita S.
Federal Way, WA
For veteran cruisers what is your favorite amenity that Royal Caribbean offers over other cruise lines?
Bre'Anna W.
Webster, TX
Where do I find the best deals for a cruise like this?
Jaime  B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have been on a 7 day cruise and was considering a shorter cruise like a 4 day.....Are the shorter cruises enjoyable or do you feel like you are cruising the whole time??
Lucia B.
De Soto, MO
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I love the thought of going on a cruise! Is it risky though? Like pirates.(real life ones lol)
Kim H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've never done a cruise before, will I get super motion sick on this?