BY ROYAL CARIBBEAN #2 in Cruise Lines

• Anyone ever leave out of NY of NJ during the summer? Where can I ...2 Answers
  • Average costs of three day cruises? Do they have many that depart...2 Answers
  • What is the best thing to do while on the cruise? 12 Answers
Royal Caribbean
  • "I have only had family members that went on this cruise line and they highly recommended it they said the amenities are wonderful and the staff is great as well." in 10 reviews
Maidelyn P.
Royal Carribean was the first cruise and cruise line that I went on. We booked the trip my family and I through AAA. The ship we stayed on was the Majesty of the Sea which is one of their older ships. It was a 5 day cruise leaving from Miami to the Bahamas. This was not a very pleasant trip. Now mind you, some of the issues we had were specific to the ship, which again, I want to point out, wasn't a new ship, but still there were a lot of issues. First of all, this was a family trip with 5 adults and 5 teens (under 21 but at or over 18), due to the rules one ship anyone under 21 had to be in a room accompanied by an adult. So the suite that the adults got was split up and adults were then forced to sleep in a tiny interior room with a young adult. We worked around that though, it just would have been nice to know when we were buying tickets... Then we brought my grandmother who is handicapped and needs a wheelchair to get around. There was 1 working elevator on this ship and 90% of the time it was down for one reason or another. So doing things with grandma was a huge hassle! Then come to find out the adult suite that we were in had roaches in it and other bugs.... The rest of the cruise was decent... Because it was an older ship there wasn't a lot to do, and with all the kids running around it was just blah... The worst part of the trip happened at the end. We all wanted to leave together but of course the released us by floors and since the suite and the interior rooms were on different floors that couldn't happen, plus we all had different flights back home so some had to leave right away while others could wait. All of my family has gotten off the boat at this point besides my cousin and I I get to the door and they swipe my card and tell me I can not leave the ship, I must go speak to the front desk. Now I'm just shy just turned 18 or maybe I was 17 at that time not sure, but I'm freaking out because I've never travelled before and my family has all gotten off and I'm being told I can't leave, and the line for the front desk is huge! So I call my mom and tell her they won't lead me off, she freaks out turns around starts yelling and screaming at the people to let her back on, he PR child is being detained blah blah blah, finally she gets to me, we get to the front desk.... Come to find out they stopped me because they wanted to offer us a 20% off our next trip with them because of the roaches.mcome to find out they meant the offer for my dad who share the same first name as me, but they stopped me by mistake. My mother flips out on these people then come to find out my cousin was also stopped for a outstanding bill. Which he meant to pay but his paycheck was still processing when we got back to port. Instead of telling us about a promissory note he could have signed to pay the money back later, they made it seem like if he didn't pay it all right then he would go to some debtors prison or something, basically forcing my mom to pay for his debt to make sure we could all leave and still catch out planes. Luckily we were able to get out fairly quickly afterwards and nobody missed their flight, but it was a pretty big thing to hold up a child for a coupon... I man they could have emailed it, mailed it, just put it on our account, any number of things really. But anyway, besides that the good parts were good, the food was amazing! I would suggest getting the soda plan which gives you access to unlimited soda. The Bahamas the self were beautiful and there were some pretty cool things to do on the ship, especially at night. I'd definitely take a cruise again, maybe with Royal Carribean but only if it were in a newer ship. Before you take a cruise though really research the ship!
Taylor W.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
These cruise lines are big, have great deals, and have literally everything to do on board. I love royal Caribbean and will probably be going with them forever!
Sammy A.
My sister told me her experience and how much she love her time at the royal Caribbean. Plus my sister is a picky person and I trust her judgement and I can't wait for my own experience soon.
Joe W.
Pearl , MS
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Great cruise line for adults. We went out of Port Canaveral FL on a 4 day cruise to the Caribbean and we loved it. The food was great and crew was very helpful.
Amanda M.
Lakeland, FL
Royal Caribbean is always nice and clean. I had a few issues with some rude staff the last time I went, but that was a first. Over all it's a great cruise line.
Christine D.
San Jose, CA
I will be venturing off to this cruise soon. I have taken one Carribbean cruise on Royal and it's my favorite cruise line thus far. The food is exceptional.
kailyn c.
Theodore, AL
My family live going on cruises traveling the world in style. These cruise lines are friendly, have great food and fun activities for the whole family to enjoy.
Kendra S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Royal Caribbean may have nicer ships than Carnival but the last two cruises we've went on the staff has been extremely rude...especially when we were in Alaska!
Tanya G.
Went on a weekend Cruise to the Bahamas. They have great food, Great Entertainment and plenty of things to do on board.. Cant wait to go on my next cruise trip!
Carol P.
Erie, PA
This was my first cruise so definitely the best. You cannot ever imagine how awesome a cruise is until you go. I loved the entertainment food and coke machines.
Kelsey B.
Is Royal Caribbean a better cruise line than Carnival?
Karyne R.
Lansing, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Haley L.
Indianapolis, IN
Daisy M.
Guayama, PR
Where is the most favorite destiny of the Royal Caribbean travels?
Jay A.