Top Questions See all 1,465 Q&A
- "Overall, all the cruise lines are more or less the same, so you have got to look for the reward program - those perks you don't want to miss!" in 22 reviews
- "this was the first cruise I went on with the whole family and we had the best time there was so much to do and the children had a lot to keep them busy it was fantastic" in 18 reviews
- "I've been going on cruises yearly, and I have to say, Royal Caribbean is probably the best cruise line I've ever sailed with!" in 14 reviews
- "there is always something to do, the staff rocks and if you get involved with activities you will have the time of your life the ports and excursions are amazing as well " in 10 reviews
- "Between the amazing service, the food, the incredibly fun excursions, and dining company - I've never had so much fun on a vacation." in 10 reviews
~ Everything on the boat looked nice.
~ The pools/hot tubs were awesome.
~ The gym, dry sauna, and steam sauna were awesome!! Very clean.
~ The ice skating show and the cirque du soleil type show were amazing!
~ A lot of confusion happened on the ship due to the information on the compass being incorrect. (times and locations of events; no description of the event) A lot of the workers didn't even know what the events were or when they happened.
~There were 2 formal nights and 0 semi-formal nights. We weren't told when formal nights where until the night before, so it was hard to plan for activities since you don't know when you need to get dolled up and when not to.
~ We did dine-in dinners in the main restaurant every night of the cruise. The food almost always came out room temperature. The pasta would come out under cooked. The ice cream by the time it reached our table was half melted. The dessert would literally be sitting in a pool of ice cream. Food was very salty. You can tell the food was pre-made and sitting there for awhile before it was served. The main waiter was never really at the table. He also would give half the table their food, but then disappear for awhile before handing out the rest of the food which we could clearly see sitting a two feet away from us.
~ Too many comedian nights; who weren't very funny.
~ Too many add-ons you had to pay for. Many times too expensive. Around $90 just for soda for the week.
~ They had more places where you had pay additional to eat at compared to what came with your regular cruise ticket. 3 restaurants, a cupcake store, a ice cream store, and a coffee store all cost extra. 1 buffet, 1 restaurant (short time frame), a pizza place (normally only 2-3 types of pizza), a tiny sandwich selection (inside the coffee shop), and a frozen yogurt machine by the pools. Because the buffet and restaurant were only open for short time frames, the lines for pizza, sandwiches, and frozen yogurt were extremely long all the time.
~ We were on the ship on Christmas and Hanukkah There were barely any holiday decorations. Santa only visited twice (an hour each time) I wish they made the ship a bit more festive.
~ The entertainment was either geared to the children or the older generations. Not much for the young adults. (18 yrs old - mid 30 yrs old)
I probably will not go on a Royal Caribbean cruise again. I'm not sure if this experience was a one time thing or what, but there were a lot of cons and not enough pros.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos