BY ROYAL CARIBBEAN #2 in Cruise Lines

• Trying to decide on next cruise 1. Baltic 2. Australia/N...4 Answers
  • Anyone ever leave out of NY of NJ during the summer? Wher...2 Answers
  • Average costs of three day cruises? Do they have many tha...2 Answers
Megan S.
I just returned from our 7 night Mediterranean cruise onboard the Symphony of the Seas. We had a fantastic time in port and onboard.

State Room: In our group we had an Ocean View interior room, Central Park balcony, and Ocean View Balcony. Each had their merits, but I particularly enjoyed the fresh air on the Ocean View balcony and being able to see the view as we pulled into port each day. The state room was a good size, although the bathroom lacked electrical outlets. I also wish there were more elevators to get people where they need to be.

Dining: The food onboard was delicious and plentiful. I often couldn’t choose between two appetizers or entrees and would order both and share with the table. We also took advantage of the Wonderland specialty dining room. It was a fun, quirky experience that I’m really glad I got to have and the food was amazingly prepared.

Kid’s Amenities: Our group had 2 toddlers and they both took advantage of the nursery onboard. We had no problem getting slots and sent the girls to the nursery each day after dinner to play, wind down, and go to bed while we had some adult time. The nursery crew were amazing and we had no reservations dropping them off, knowing they would have fun and be well cared for and we were only a phone call away. They also absolutely loved the kid’s splash pad, even though it was a touch too cold for it.

Shore Excursions: I wish I had a bit more guidance in choosing these. Most ports we were fine with an on-your-own type excursion, but we could have used more guidance in Rome and would have loved to skip Pisa all together and just see Florence. Our favorite tour however, was Pompeii and Amalfi by Land and Sea. The area is spectacular all on its own, but we had a guided tour in Pompeii, a bus drive down the narrow, windy Amalfi coast before hopping on a boat to see the coastline from Amalfi to Sorrento. That day was unforgettable!

We will definitely be booking with Royal Caribbean again. It was a great way to see a lot of the Med in a short amount of time.
Kalie W.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I sailed with Royal Caribbean for our honeymoon and we were rather disappointed. I felt that there was so much hype around Royal Caribbean and everything that they offer, but our experience never managed to reach the hype. Since we were in our honeymoon, we were gifted cruise credit and wanted that to be applied to things like spa treatments and excursions... well, we couldn’t pre-book any of that because we would have to pay out of pocket as opposed to using the credits since they weren’t available to us until we boarded the ship. So once we finally were able to book the spa treatments and excursions, the one excursion I was most looking forward to was booked incorrectly and I never actually got to do what we were supposed to do. Unfortunately, this ended with a trip to the reservation desk and a conversation with the manager. My husband and I were also humiliated by one of the excursion tour guides, as well as a room attendant. These experiences did not make for a very pleasant honeymoon. There were approx 150 guests between the ages of 20-40 (our age bracket) and the majority were 50+ on this specific sailing; this also made it difficult to find things to do on our 11-night sailing because most of the activities were geared towards the older guests. My husband and I often found times where we were in our room watching TV or wandering the ship because we were bored; you can only play mini-golf so many times. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the indoor cinema that played movies that were recently in theaters and the adults only pool area were some of the “highlights” of our trip, besides the actual ports of call of course. I would recommend Royal Caribbean because it was a very relaxing vacation and the ship was beautiful, however, it wouldn’t be my first choice.
Totally W.
Onboard experience: AWESOME!! We went on our honeymoon on the Allure of the Seas and the ship was beyond incredible!
Onboard Customer Service: Incredible! Everyone was very nice and super attentive!
Food: Again, incredible!! Not only was all of the food great, but the food service was great as well. Also, highly recommend you order a mudslide as your first beverage (if you’re of age, of course).
The Ship: WOW - and that doesn’t even begin to describe how you feel when you step on to the ship and start exploring it. It’s truly a marvel.
Our one complaint: Long story short - The customer service prior to boarding the ship was horrible. Virtually non-existent. We booked during hurricane season (the night for right after our wedding) and so we understand 100% that the weather cannot be controlled, but we called several times for different reasons (all of our ports were changed and we ended up going to Nassau, Cozumel, and back to Nassau) and no one EVER did anything of any kind to try and make the situation just a little better. Again, we understand weather is uncontrollable. It was more the fact of how rude they were. We were told we’d be happy if the ship never left port. I don’t know about you, but we weren’t paying thousands of dollars for a ship to never leave port.

Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
Over the years I've been on: The Explorer of the seas, The Navigator of the seas, The Voyage of the seas and best of all the Oasis of the seas. Royal Caribbean cruise lines just get better and better. They have endless activities such as a wavepool you can surf on, water slides, multiple pools, rock climbing walls, ice skating, tons of nightclubs for teens and adults, great "day camp" like program for the kids and plays at the theater every night... And that's just to make a few.

The Oasis was by far the most impressive. One deck was "Central Park"... Literally a park on a boat. The park had cafes and shops everywhere. They also had a "boardwalk deck" that looked exactly like a beach boardwalk. Theme park food and rides included. They had a zip line across the deck, and the plethora of clubs varried from jazz clubs to night clubs. They also had this amazing wave pool that you could surf on. It was truly an amazing cruise ship.

Royal Caribbean cruise lines has beautiful boats, adorable cabins, gormet food & an amazingly friendly, accommodating staff. They have different dining hours to choose from in the main dining room, And have two exquisite formal nights (if it's a 7-14 day cruise). They have TONS of excursion to pick from when you reach each port of call, there is an excursion to choose for every interest & have different ones that cater to familes with children or adults. This cruise line is really a cut above the rest.
Melaina S.
Reston, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We had our honeymoon on a royal Caribbean cruise and it was an ehh experience. The customer service was subpar at best and I can’t think of anyone beside the dining room wait staff who actually seemed to enjoy helping us and went above and beyond for us. When the boat broke and delayed our return for two days they did absolutely nothing to help us with the inconvenience as well as recoup some expenses lost due to plans to return home that were ruined by the ship. They also refused us a beverage package when we were told several times that we could purchase one the last 3 days and were just given the run around. Also they cancelled our port day to Coco cay which was disappointing and guest service refused to help us find alternative plans after we were left with nothing to do the next day due to the cancelled port. Just very unsatisfactory customer service
Claire A.
I have tried many other cruise lines in the past, including Princess and Carnival. Royal Caribbean has been and continues to be the best in every way. I have been on over 20 voyages with them, and have loved every one! Of course their bigger ships (the Harmony especially) are to die for, but even their smaller ships (the Navigator or the Independence) have all of the quality and charm that Royal Caribbean can give. Their food is amazing, service is unbeatable, shows are fantastic, and activities are never ending! Kids, teens, and adults can all make friends and spend their days full of action whether it is on a port tour or just during a long sea day. Their truly treat their returning guests like royalty. The diamond club is the best rewards club I have experienced! This is the only cruise line I can imagine traveling with!
Amy L.
Cookeville, TN
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My friends and I had our graduation trip booked through Royal Caribbean along with flights and hotels at the boarding site (as we were from out of town), and TWO WEEKS BEFORE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE our trip was cancelled due to boat maintenance. They wanted to just give us credit for another trip (which we wouldn't have had time for) instead of quickly refunding the money. After hours of talking (and almost having to file a complaint with the credit card company) we got our money (mostly) back. Luckily we found another trip by Carival cruises that was leaving from the same city and going to similar destinations, so our vacation was saved. I will NEVER book with carnival again. If they would have cancelled the trip sooner or given us our money back without the hassle I might reconsider.
Yanibell P.
New York
I just got back last week from a 5 day cruise to Key West, Cuba, and Mexico with my boyfriend and absolutely loved Royal Caribbean. This was my first cruise and I can’t wait for another one in the future with Royal Caribbean. I love how organized they are. The ships are well equipped, their entertainment services are amazing, their food is of great quality. I love how the staff constantly goes out of their way to accommodate you to your specifics. The dining team provided superb services. Royal Caribbean won me over. This is my cruise line of choice!
Clara S.
Menlo Park, CA
We had a great experience, great food, customer service, quality of entertainment and friendly staff

Ship was 20 years old but it looked fully renovated in all its venues except for cabins which are due for renovations and refururnishing

Would certainly take another cruise with royal Caribbean but on a newer ship and next time I would take the premium beverage package as my family paid a lot on pay as you go to drinks!

Would recommend dining at the fair lady instead of the windjammer as they have exceptional service and higher quality food options
Mayra L.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I took a cruise from Seattle to Alaska and it was beautiful. The staff and customer service we were given completely surpassed any other cruise ship experiences we’ve had. The boat we were in was absolutely beautiful and the food was to die for. Great alcoholic drink and wine selections. The private dinner and wine tasting with the chef was one of my favorite things. Their selection of excursions was also pretty amazing. My husband and I got to do so many things while in Alaska and Canada. The staff was very knowledgeable and were always able to direct us to the best locations. Simply put... this cruise was amazing!
Kelsey B.
Is Royal Caribbean a better cruise line than Carnival?
Karyne J.
Lansing, MI
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Haley L.
Indianapolis, IN
Daisy M.
Guayama, PR
Where is the most favorite destiny of the Royal Caribbean travels?
Jay A.