by Royal Caribbean
Ask a Question
Alexa B.
Alexa B.

Is 7 days too long to be on a cruise?
Andrea K.
Andrea K.
Sept. 12, 2016, 4:54 p.m.
I love 7 day cruises. Some of my favorite days are the ones just cruising to the destination. You don't get those on the short cruises. If I'm going I want it to be worth my time.
Sara D.
Sara D.
June 23, 2015, 6:11 a.m.
No I think 7 is a great length for a cruise. Your at sea for maybe 2-3 day maybe more depending on your itinerary and then your at port the other half. It's a great balance and there's so much fun to be had you will be wishing it was longer
Saleen G.
Saleen G.
Dec. 19, 2014, 4:12 a.m.
No because you are not out to sea the whole time. Half the time you are at port. The time flies by
Katey V.
Katey V.
Sept. 27, 2014, 10:04 a.m.
Nope! You have lots of opportunities to get off of the ship, so it's not like you are going to go stir crazy. I've never been on anything shorter than 7 days.
Taylre C.
Taylre C.
June 27, 2014, 5:31 p.m.
Not at all!! You have different ports so you can get on and off the boat almost every day. It is a great experience!
Denise S.
Denise S.
May 23, 2014, 10:13 a.m.
I've done 3 nights and I've done 15 nights... I think 7 days is perfect (although I didn't think 15 nights was too long either) Depends on the person, if you don't get sea sick and enjoy doing lots of things, 7 days is perfect, you get a few sea days and a few port days so you get the best of both kind of days!
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.
April 26, 2014, 1:35 a.m.
I went on a 5 day cruise for my first cruise and definitely thought that was too short. 8 days is perfect for me. 7 days is definitely not too long at all. You will have an amazing time!
Jesilyn I.
Jesilyn I.
Feb. 18, 2014, 11:46 a.m.
I think 7 days is perfect, not to short and not too long. Its also a good amount of time to do a lot of stuff on the ship and make a few stops!
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Sept. 14, 2013, 7:28 p.m.
I think it all depends on the person. I think 7 days is perfect for a first time cruiser, it gives you time to get to know the ship, eat at some specialty restaurants, take advantage of on board amenities, and see a couple ports. For my honeymoon we went on a 21 night cruise around Australia, on it there were a number of people who had started on the ship in Vancouver BC and taken it from there to Australia...one lady told me that by the time she was going to get off, she would have been on there for 60 nights!
Ariel B.
Ariel B.
Aug. 11, 2013, 7:33 p.m.
No. By 7 days you are just starting to get to know your way around the cruise ship and it really gives you enough time to recharge and jump back into your life mentally and physically rested and ready to go.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
July 14, 2013, 5:11 p.m.
It's perfect! There are usually days just at sea & others with ports, which I loved. Getting off the boat at ports every day can get exhausting, so it's nice with the longer trips to have some days at sea.
Staci K.
Staci K.
May 27, 2013, 7:13 p.m.
The answer depends on your preferences and your cruise itinerary. I just got off of a 12 day transatlantic cruise and I honestly could have stayed on the ship for another week or two and I wouldn't have gotten board. If you like being onboard, there are lots of activities to try, and Royal Caribbean offers really tasty, well made food both in the dining rooms and in the buffets. If your cruise has several ports of call, then you definitely won't get board! But if you don't like to be on the open water or if you can't really stand the idea of not being able to leave the boat and walk on solid ground at any time, then cruising for any amount of time is probably a bad idea.
Cheyenne H.
Cheyenne H.
Feb. 17, 2013, 8 p.m.
No! It's almost not long enough if you love cruising as much as I do! If you get on one of the newer boats you could literally be awake 24/7 and not be able to do everything they have to offer. You never eat the same food (unless you want to) or have to see repetitive entertainment. Even going to the pool every day is more exciting than the day before.

Join Now