Debra M.
Saratoga Spgs, NY
I never had any desire to go on a cruise. When I travel I want to see places and people and I felt cruising was more about traveling with a group and not going to more out of the way places. Then my husband took me on a cruise as a surprise and I LOVED IT. We did a southern Caribbean cruise. The ship mostly sailed at night and we were in a new port daily. The ship itself, activities and food were fantastic. The service was amazing and our dining room servers turned out to be our best source of shore activity information. They gave us great suggestions for what to do and where to go in each port so that we weren't moving with the herd. They even helped us choose our promoted shore excursions. When we told one of them we had both been to St. Thomas in the past one told us to consider staying on board while many of the passengers would disembark since it was our first stop. It was the best idea ever - we felt as if we had the boat to ourselves and sunbathed and were doted on all day - then partied well into the evening dancing the night away in two separate on board clubs. Beautiful ship (, great route, fantastic experience overall!