BY ROSS DRESS FOR LESS #1 in Clothing Stores & Brands

Ross Dress for Less
  • "I can always find cute tops at a low price and the inventory is forever changing so there is always something new to find!" in 451 reviews
  • "this store is great and i always find something for a great bargain i absolutely love ross and i can't hesitate for anyone to go there" in 451 reviews
  • "I love shopping here I can find great deals on outfits for my boys for like $10 or less and I can find styles I like for great deals." in 321 reviews
  • "I love Ross I tend to do a lot of my Christmas shopping there they were great styles name brands they have closed shoes snacks animal stuff baby stuff etc." in 298 reviews
  • "I love shopping here, they have just about anything your looking for home decor mens, woman , and children clothes and all for the right price everything is so affordable" in 292 reviews
Heather B.
Heather B.
El Reno, OK
I had to stand in a long line to pay for my items. When I arrived to pay, I ask if I can see if all the pieces of a comforter set I was buying were there! I could not check before because the bag contain one of those store locks. She told me to go on the side to check, while she took care of the next person. I did and it took me a second to do so. I was ready to pay but she call the next customer, I told her I was ready but she still took care of the next customer which she had call and said she only have one thing I should wait. I said to her that I had waited a long time on line already and I wished to pay now and that she did not ask me if I was ready after she finished with the customer I agreed to step to the side for. Then she said, "I can't believe you won't let her go first, she only have one thing!" The customer gave me a dirty look and said, "Yes how could you, I don't believe you."

When she was done I said I did not appreciate what she was doing and I wanted to talk to supervisor because I did not like the way she was treating me. She told me she was the manager (Assoc: **). So then I said I wanted to see her district manager. She said I will finish this and give you that information. Then she said, "I will bag this," and then she said, "I cannot bag this, it won't fit." I said, "Yes it does fit." She said, "I cannot so if you want do it yourself." I said, "No you are to bag not me." Then she took the bag to the door and tried again and told the security to help her give me the information of the district manager. Then she said, "It does not fit there. I am done."

I took the bag and was able to put the comforter set in the bag. I went to the cashier and place it there in front of her and said, "See it does fit, the problem here is that you think you are too good for this job, and as a manager you are not doing what you are to do. You could have told the other lady that please wait, that you were not aware that I was ready to pay, and that I was ahead of her. Instead, you defied me, and then said they had being waiting in line, like if I had not waited in line too for about 25 minutes." Again, she said she was done with me and wanted the security officer to drag me out of the store because he instead showed me who I could email again if I had a problem. She got mad and call the police on me, which make me, feel worst as all I wanted from her was for her to treat me like a customer from Ross, after all I did not went there to ask for anything for free, I went there to buy.

Since instead of an apology, I got the police call on me, I decide to return what I got, as I refused to buy from a store whose manager treat their customers like that. She then told me, "No you cannot return it as we refused to serve you." I got on the returned line. I figure when the police arrived I would explain what happened and why I was going to return what I purchased, and I figure the police would not denied me to return what I purchase, after all we live in a free country. I was able to returned what I purchase and leave the store. The police did arrived but did not do anything. I think she call the police because she wanted to look good rather than bad, and make it look like I created a problem, rather than her. I won't shop there again.
Alexia C.
Alexia C.
Baltimore, MD
oh the joy, of finding great bargain deals on clothes. Paying full price for any piece of clothing is really not my style and Ross has contributed to my spending habits, over the many many years. My most recent Ross purchase? (4) cocktail dresses, a pair of designer ("penny loves kenny") heels, an iPad/Nook case and a Jessica Simpson clutch for only $80! That's less than $15 an item. Please tell me where else you can purchase designer duds for let alone $15 a piece... yep, thats what I thought.

I have been to many Ross locations in MD: Parkville, Reisterstown & Columbia. All the stores normally carry the same items in stock around similar times.. so if you can't find your size in one store, try looking at some of the others and you may possibly stumble upon it. I've found that I like the clothing deals better at the Parkville location, as they have a larger selection. Reisterstown is good for decor and gifts (especially in the home goods section) and Columbia, well.. I've only been there once but it seemed pretty clean - just a little more unorganized than the other two locations.

Overall, the Ross slogan is "Dress for Less" and I must concur that they really aren't lying!
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
This is my go-to place when I'm on a budget and need an outfit for some special event. I had a formal that I was attending last January, and I needed a long formal dress but didn't want to spend $100+ on anything because I was on a very tight budget, considering Christmas had just passed. I went to Ross and found tons of dresses to try on, all beautiful. You definitely have to try things on here before you purchase because you never know if it'll look different when worn, or often times a lot of clothing items are stained, ripped, or missing beads/decorations. Always be aware and inspect your items before buying! Regardless, I found a perfect dress, wore it with the tag tucked inside, and returned it the next day for a full refund (the dress was only $40, but I was never going to wear it again, so why keep it). Best place to find hidden gems. I've also found a bikini cover up there for under $15 when I've seen it being sold at boutiques or on Amazon for over $30. You get great deals here!
Maggie S.
Maggie S.
Lexington, KY
Sorina I.
Sorina I.
Irvine, CA
The products specially clothing is really cheap, but not all products are worth the price. Some of the products feel pretty cheap. They have really nice shoes sometimes. I purchased a pair of steve madden high hills from Ross and it was really nice. But nit all of the products are like that. Some of the shoes have something written on the bottom of them with pen, and also smell like car tire. The clothing are also really cheap. You can buy a lot of cute dresses for a really good proce at Ross, but it doesn't have every size. A lot of dresses only come in one size. The dresses are either really small or plus size. They have a lot of plus size dresses. The shirts are cute too but a lot of them are 10 to 12 dollars which I think is not worth the price. You can buy cute clothes from Forever 21 for the same price and better quality.
Ana M.
Ana M.
Canyon Country, CA
If you're looking for an afforbale outfit I suggest to go to Ross. Ross has everything from a casual outfit to an outfit for a fun night out. Anything you're looking for, Ross will have it and will be a lot more afforbale than if you go to a brand store. For example I went to the mall because I wanted to go buy a perfume by Beyoncé called "Heat" and just for the big bottle they were charging me about $65. To me that is a big deal because I am a college student with a part time job and I try to save as mush as I can. One day I needed some heels and on a budget so decided to go to Ross and I saw the perfume section and they they had the Beyoncé Heat perfume (large bottle) for $35. I quickly got the perfume and ran straight to register. I was so happy with my purchase. I saved half of what I was planning on spending.
Elisabeth B.
Elisabeth B.
I love Ross! They have great product for even better prices! I found everything from formal dresses to causal items for less than $20. One thing that I would like to see more of at Ross is in-season footwear and [sometimes] bags. The clothing is pretty up to season usually, but the footwear and purses usually require you to search more to find something great. With that being said, I have found some great purses at Ross. This purse in particular I bought two years ago from Ross. I am always getting comments on it. Best part is that it was only $17! I use it often, and I can tell you that the quality is great. They have great things for guys too. I know guys that hate to shop, but somehow find themselves in Ross, and end up walking out with bags of clothes lol! Ross is definitely great for everyone!
Nikalette L.
Nikalette L.
Montoursville, PA
I loved my local Ross so much that I got a job there so I could benefit from the employee discount ;) But, aside from that, Ross is a pretty neat place. Items are usually overstock from pricier stores or slightly cheaper dupes of things at TJ's/Marshall's. The one closest to me sells: clothes/shoes (for women, juniors, plus, men, kids, & babies), housewares, linens, seasonal nicknacks, perfumes, spa/beauty items, purses, luggage, and home decor. ((Some have jewelry counters, but mine does not.)) The greatest thing about Ross is that their clearance goes down to 49 CENTS so you can always find something cute and cheap. Also, the stores are now animal friendly -- any animal who is tame on a leash is allowed inside to accompany you while you shop. I bring my dogs in with me all the time!
Gabriela M.
Gabriela M.
Ross is one of my go-to places when I'm in desperate need for bargains, but it comes at a different price. You can find whatever you want there, the possibilities are endless. I particularly like to venture myself through the clothing aisles and you'll be able to find pretty much any size you're looking for. Sometimes I also go through the shoes section but you tend to find filmsy items that I wouldn't buy. When it comes to pay for your stuff is where you really "pay" for the lesser prices, because the lines tend to be very long no matter what time you go. But in the end, it helps when you're hanging out with a friend on a lazy afternoon when you have nothing else to lose and you can spend the time in line chatting and catching up. Not the ideal girlfriend date, but still.
Lily Z.
Lily Z.
Affordable prices for quality pieces. Ross has everything you can possibly need in terms of clothing. You can find department store items for a fraction of the cost. My most recent buys you might ask?

A Morgan and Co. prom-esque gown that was priced at $90 at Nordstrom was $23.99 at Ross.

A Kenneth Cole Reaction suitcase that retails for $150. I got it for under $50 at Ross.

The savings are amazing; however, they aren't very consistent. If you're after a specific piece, you might no find it right away, but don't give up! Their selections are always changing with the updating trends.

I knocked it down one star because most stores are generally scattered. There's so many items that may be out of place, but with the patience, you'll be sure to find what you're looking for.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Killeen, TX
What do you normally buy at Ross (besides clothes) that you can get a great deal on?
Jessica O.
Jessica O.
Shawnee, KS
Which do you prefer: Ross or Tj Maxx?
Dantrice W.
Dantrice W.
Los Angeles, CA
What do you buy when you shop at ross?
Linda B.
Linda B.
Merritt Island, FL
What's the main thing you buy when you go to Ross
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Fashionista Expert
What's your favorite aisle to shop at Ross?