Top Questions See all 197 Q&A
- "Rosetta Stone is great way to learn a new language it is very easy to learn you don't have to spend hours in a classroom learning tis fast easy effective " in 33 reviews
- "I would so love to buy these to learn a another language but they cost a little to much I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it " in 16 reviews
- "In other words, it teaches you the way you would learn if you were a child first learning to speak the language, and that's still the best way for our brains to learn." in 11 reviews
- "great tool for after school when you finally realize the value in learning a new language that was forced upon you while in high school.... a lot of fun and not monotone at all" in 10 reviews
- "Many foreign language softwares don't realize that by putting the English subtitle with the foreign language can actually be a crutch." in 10 reviews
Rosetta Stone is very thorough for the most part. It's very easy to learn even though they use no English to tell you what is on screen. I see that as helpful and hurtful.
For exaample - when I got to certain phrases in Spanish that I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be from the picture, I ended up having to Google the Spanish phrase to figure out what was being said.
I guess if I could change one thing, I wish it would come with a Spanish dictionary also. But for now, I'll just keep a translation page running online.
It's pretty cool how you can actually interact with native speakers of the language you are trying to learn. You can play games online with other learners and practice the language also. You get 'awards' for various things such as: logging in every day, learning certain sets of words, making it to certain levels, etc.
Before you start each section, it gives you an estimate of how long that part should take. Say you are interrupted in the middle of it, you can actually start over if you want or continue from that very spot, which is helpful.
Rosetta Stone definitely makes it fun for a new language learner to begin learning.
Overall, it's definitely a good tool for someone that's looking to refresh their memory or have as a side program while taking a class already. I do appreciate hearing how things are pronounced and flow in sentences, though. That's a helpful tool for practicing speech.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos