Rosetta Stone  uploaded by Kendra l.Rosetta Stone  uploaded by Suzette K.

BY ROSETTA STONE #1 in Home & Office Software

• Does this program really works? Has anyone used it?1 Answers
  • I am about to finish my degree and learning Spanish would put me ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone ever tried this? I want to learn a language, but I do...5 Answers
Rosetta Stone
  • "Rosetta Stone is great way to learn a new language it is very easy to learn you don't have to spend hours in a classroom learning tis fast easy effective " in 33 reviews
  • "I would so love to buy these to learn a another language but they cost a little to much I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on it " in 16 reviews
  • "In other words, it teaches you the way you would learn if you were a child first learning to speak the language, and that's still the best way for our brains to learn." in 11 reviews
  • "great tool for after school when you finally realize the value in learning a new language that was forced upon you while in high school.... a lot of fun and not monotone at all" in 10 reviews
  • "Many foreign language softwares don't realize that by putting the English subtitle with the foreign language can actually be a crutch." in 10 reviews
Diana R.
Akron , OH
Techie Expert Level 1
I love Rosetta Stone. When I took a trip to Germany, I bought this software to learn their everyday language in case I had to ask where a supermarket etc was. The software starts as baby steps. It's very easy to follow. It's a little on the expensive side but if you're really serious about learning another language, this is for you.
Eleana D.
I love learning new languages. I used Rosetta Stone to begin learning Spanish and I love how it teaches you words in context!  You get it I see, hear and practice the Spanish and receive feedback instantly. I love it and definitely this to anyone wanting to learn another language!
Amanda H.
Meadville
Techie Expert Level 1
This system is great for teaching people a different language. For my experience. I think the method and the classes, are so easy to catch on an adapt to. It is expensive, but the only method that has worked for me. I still use this, and is an amazing learning tool.
Nic B.
I know so many people have had great success with Rosetta Stone however it doesn’t work for me. I have tried several times with very little success beyond learning a few sentences. Phrases and words.
Yolanda W.
The advertising seem simple just call and they will send you the basic cd. Not True they ask a series of questions and try to get you to market up, buy what you really don’t want. Would not recommend to others unless they change they’re sales tactic.
Leo Y.
Milwaukie , OR
Great stepping stone to learning a language. You can easily fit this into your daily schedule and start learning a new language. It isn't the best for conversational language learning or slang, but it will certainly help you achieve some skill in learning a language.
Amanda P.
I got Rosetta Stone's 5 level Spanish set around Christmas because Rosetta Stone was running a really good special. I ended up only paying around $325. Plus they let me make 5 monthly, interest free, payments.
Rosetta Stone is very thorough for the most part. It's very easy to learn even though they use no English to tell you what is on screen. I see that as helpful and hurtful.
For exaample - when I got to certain phrases in Spanish that I couldn't figure out what it was supposed to be from the picture, I ended up having to Google the Spanish phrase to figure out what was being said.
I guess if I could change one thing, I wish it would come with a Spanish dictionary also. But for now, I'll just keep a translation page running online.
It's pretty cool how you can actually interact with native speakers of the language you are trying to learn. You can play games online with other learners and practice the language also. You get 'awards' for various things such as: logging in every day, learning certain sets of words, making it to certain levels, etc.
Before you start each section, it gives you an estimate of how long that part should take. Say you are interrupted in the middle of it, you can actually start over if you want or continue from that very spot, which is helpful.
Rosetta Stone definitely makes it fun for a new language learner to begin learning.
Jasmine T.
Pittsburgh
Honestly, didn't get very far with Rosetta Stone -- I found it a bit repetitive and too slow for my learning style. It's a good way to get familiar with the basics of a language if you have absolutely no access to a conversation or classroom setting, but for the price there are better options, IMO.
Karla M.
Twp Of Washington , NJ
I got this for my sister so she can learn Japanese. She seemed to have enjoyed it a lot. She learned a lot from it. After she was done using it. I wanted to use it but I couldn't. Apparently the code I used was exp. it sucks that it's not a forever item. I spent so much money on it
Sinead K.
Minneapolis, MN
I own a couple Rosetta stones and it's not a bad product but they toss you in with out explanations. For some languages, it's a great tool and really helps! But for others that are a bit more complicated, have a different structure and alphabet than your own, you shouldn't rely on it. For that, it's good for using while taking a class or having a teacher explain things for you but, for me, I wouldn't recommend this on it's own. I used it for Japanese and it didn't explain anything necessary like grammar. (i.e sentence structure, conjugate verbs or direction markers). I found that just going by pictures I didn't fully understand what my sentences were saying until contacting a tutor or teacher. As far as their "natural way" of learning goes, we don't learn like we did as babies anymore and they forget the key part, we had parents constantly tutoring and immersing us.
Overall, it's definitely a good tool for someone that's looking to refresh their memory or have as a side program while taking a class already. I do appreciate hearing how things are pronounced and flow in sentences, though. That's a helpful tool for practicing speech.
Allie T.
Do you think Rosetta Stone is worth the cost?
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
What languages have you learned or want to learn?
Janie V.
Spearfish, SD
Anyone that has tried it. Do you understand the language now? . . . .just curious. And thanks ;)
Chelsea J.
Rockford, IL
Is there a cheaper version? I mean, it's a little outrageous on the cost. Do you think it's worth it?
Jacqueline N.
newman, ca
Do you really learn a language in a short time?