BY ROSEBUD PERFUME CO. #5 in Lip Care

A miracle in a can! Our world famous Rosebud Salve has been a family favorite since 1892. Celebrities love the consistency and emollient texture of this #1 selling lip balm and all purpose salve.

• I love love this product. I have dry mouth and dry lips....1 Answers
  • Where can I purchase this in the United States?5 Answers
  • I have heard many good things about this but I am hesitan...3 Answers
Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve Tin
  • "I purchased this online from Urban Outfitters because it was on sale for $6 and I had never tried it before, and I love it so much! It smells great and helps with my super chapped lips!" in 1509 reviews
  • "This product is very moisturizing and can be used for anything! It can be used for cuticles, elbows, lips, knees, hands, face, feet, and anything that needs some moisture! It has a very light rose scent, nothing too overbearing. It is a must-have for everyone!" in 947 reviews
  • "I started using this a year ago when I got them on sale at Sephora. It smells like roses (who wouldn't like that?) and it moisturizes like NO OTHER lip balms :) It also has a faint pink tint that looks amazing on the lips, almost like a gloss! I love this lip balm for all seasons, I'm already on my 3rd can!" in 325 reviews
  • "I. love. This. Stuff! The first thing I noticed was that it smells exactly like roses. I love the smell of roses, but if you don't like that smell this product isn't for you. It stays on your lips for a very long time and the smell doesn't wear away. This is awesome too for when your nose is all chapped from having a cold, you just put this stuff on it and it feels so much better. Its so multi-purpose, its amazing!" in 288 reviews
  • "So amazing the best ever i love it try the mint lip balm i love that one to its perfect for winter days with that dry skin" in 217 reviews
Melanie C.
Manteca, CA
I finally found a way to get rid of my chapped lips. And no, it didn’t start with this product. I started by completely cutting out anything with beeswax (yes, I said goodbye to the addicting friendly peppermint bee product) and exfoliated with an 18-hour-wearing-lip-color cult product, and found myself facing $20 for a new silly little tube of shea/petroleum lip moisturizer. Noooope nope. I searched for an alternative, took a chance on this and I LOVE it. It feels and tastes like a tiny plethora of baby roses just kissed your lips. I use this during the day and Bite Lip Mask during the night and my lips have never been so plump and soft. I saw my boyfriend for the first time in a few months and he noticed my lips were a lot softer. He asked if I’m kissing him differently and I just said nope, I told you I’ve been using different lip products! He loves it, he even likes the taste when I freshly apply it. I can see how this has a cult following haha. If I could, I would buy this in tube form or chapstick form because a tin is a little to unsanitary for me but it is so worth it. I also use it on my hands and being in clinic washing my hands all the time— this works wonders. I’ve had my tin for about 6 months now and there’s still much more than half remaining, space little definitely goes a long way!

Pro tip: This stuff will melt in really hot weather (left it on a chair by the pool in Texas) so it made it a little difficult to open because there was product mashed between the tin and the lid. I took advantage of this situation and left it out in the sun for a couple more hours and it melted beautifully into a flat , clean surface. I cleaned up the tin and it was just like new! Gave me an idea to make little travel tins to keep in different bags because I’m always transferring my one tin between school and outing bags.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
I have the world's driest lips, so I take my lip balms very seriously. This stuff truly is a miracle in a tin.

It's a super rich and creamy formula, that actually sinks into the lips providing lots of moisture. It's a lifesaver to my always-cracked lips. I live in Cleveland, so it gets pretty darn cold up here, and this stuff is my lifeline during the winter months.

My only two issues with this product are:
1) the VERY strong rose smell. I can deal with it because the performance of the balm is that good, but if you're sensitive to smells, it's something to keep in mind.

2) the tin itself. I'd much prefer an actual squeeze tube as opposed to having to swipe my finger into the tin to apply.

Other than those two small issues, this is probably my favorite lip balm on the market. If you have severly dry lips and you're looking for relief, check this stuff out!
Denise S.
San Diego, CA
I've been a dedicated user of Rosebud Salve since my teen years, and recommend it to anyone and everyone! For the price, it truly can't be beat. Plus, the scent is SUPER unique, but I will admit it's not for everyone.

As a woman who applies lip balm throughout the day, Rosebud Salve is a lifesaver. It's rich and emollient, and definitely helps soothe even crazy chapped lips. As a result, I don't have to apply nearly as often as with other lip balms.

The only gripe I have is the darn tin! It can be difficult to pry the lid off, and application can be messy and unsanitary - wash your hands before using! Overall, though, I highly recommend this salve as a super effective remedy for dry, chapped lips.
Veronica D.
Avon, CT
Got this item in the checkout line in Sephora on a whim. I had seen lots of people using it, so I wanted to give it a try. I think it's a really nice lip balm. The smell is really unique in a good way, so it's very pleasant. It also tends to give my lips a bit of a pink tint, so I use it when I want something natural looking that is good for me. My only complaint would be the package. It's really cute, but when I'm walking around during the day I don't like putting my hands into the tin, because it seems a little unsanitary. It also leaves my hands feeling sticky, and the tin can be a little hard to open if you put the lid on too tightly. Overall though it's effective and looks nice on.
shera s.
This product lasts me forever but I have repurchased. It has a very subtle nice scent (I am very sensitive to scents), moisturizes and gives lips a nice slip. I also use it on dry spots or cuticles occasionally. It's softer and less sticky than Aquaphor® Healing Ointment  but Aquaphor is more serious of a treatment. The little tin is super cute and classic. My only complaint with the tin is that mine melted while laying on it's side (I think I left it in the car) so now the salve is all on one side and on the lid, which makes it messier and harder to open. I probably just need to remelt it sitting upright to get it back to normal though.
Gloria K.
Okay, so I have really dry lips that don't respond from regular lip balms. I've tried many products in the past and continue to try different things whenever I can. I was in Sephora in the check-out line and saw this product and wasn't really interested until I saw all the great reviews. I said to myself, "sure why not. It's only $6 anyway.." Little did I know, this lip balm is AMAZING! I use this at night and wake up to refreshed, moisturized lips. The only down-side is that this comes in a tin and for hygiene reasons I always, always wash my hands before I use it. If it came in a stick form I would probably just buy this over and over again.
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
This product has so many uses it’s actually kind of amazing! I remember when I was a kid for my cuts, scrapes, and dry skin this was our go to stuff. It’s not expensive either, which is a plus! The tin it comes in has little flowers and it’s blue/white; it’s cute. It also goes a longs way for just under an ounce of product. It’s versatility is awesome. It clears up scrapes and cuts and softens skin too. You can find it at Walmart, amazon, and local drug stores. I would most definitely advise you to try it, if you never have. It works and smells good too!
Jillian T.
Clarkston, MI
I freaking love this stuff! Until recently, this had been the only lip balm I had used for nearly a decade. I purchased this because back in the days of OG YouTube, this lip balm was mentioned and loved by almost everybody. I kept purchasing it because I love the product, and the cute packaging was a nice addition as well. What I like about this product, besides the delicious rose smell, is that it doesn’t entirely sink into the lips and disappear and need to be reapplied throughout the day. It stays on my lips until I wipe it off and keeps moisture in.
SOPHiA P.
Los Angeles, CA
This smells SO GOOD! I’ve been using this brand for over 10 years, I buy it religiously. The strawberry is my favorite of them all. My friends can smell it when I talk, I always get compliments. It heals my lips immediately and also looks very glossy. I apply it before my lipstick. After that I reapply it every couple hours, it keeps my lips moisturized for hours so I don’t have to think about reapplying all the time. Each container last me for 3-4. And it’s inexpensive, Great for the price! I buy a couple at a time to stock in my home and purses.
Zel E.
San Antonio, TX
I had seen this brand advertised all over magazines and beauty blogs I would come across. Well my lips are always very cracked and I needed something to help. I've tried all kinds of balms but they would wear off after a few hours and the cracking would return. I tried this and it left my lips feeling so hydrated and soft. It wasn't an overnight cure by any means, but after a few tries, I could feel a difference in the dryness of my lips. It does kind of smell like a little old lady, but for some reason I find it comforting. Gramma?
Kalei L.
Where Can I purchase this?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
Does this stain your lips?
Morgan P.
Windsor, ON
Can I find this anywhere besides sephora?
Echo F.
Ottawa, ON
I don't like using my fingers to apply lip balm. Has anyone tried transferring the lip balm to a tube form? Is this lip balm worth purchasing?
Lindsey M.
St Helena Is, SC
Will this help with chapped lips?