BY ROSEBUD PERFUME CO. #10 in Lip Care

A miracle in a can! Our world famous Rosebud Salve has been a family favorite since 1892. Celebrities love the consistency and emollient texture of this #1 selling lip balm and all purpose salve.

• I love love this product. I have dry mouth and dry lips....1 Answers
  • Where can I purchase this in the United States?5 Answers
  • I have heard many good things about this but I am hesitan...3 Answers
Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve Tin
  • "I purchased this online from Urban Outfitters because it was on sale for $6 and I had never tried it before, and I love it so much! It smells great and helps with my super chapped lips!" in 1509 reviews
  • "This product is very moisturizing and can be used for anything! It can be used for cuticles, elbows, lips, knees, hands, face, feet, and anything that needs some moisture! It has a very light rose scent, nothing too overbearing. It is a must-have for everyone!" in 947 reviews
  • "I started using this a year ago when I got them on sale at Sephora. It smells like roses (who wouldn't like that?) and it moisturizes like NO OTHER lip balms :) It also has a faint pink tint that looks amazing on the lips, almost like a gloss! I love this lip balm for all seasons, I'm already on my 3rd can!" in 325 reviews
  • "I. love. This. Stuff! The first thing I noticed was that it smells exactly like roses. I love the smell of roses, but if you don't like that smell this product isn't for you. It stays on your lips for a very long time and the smell doesn't wear away. This is awesome too for when your nose is all chapped from having a cold, you just put this stuff on it and it feels so much better. Its so multi-purpose, its amazing!" in 288 reviews
  • "So amazing the best ever i love it try the mint lip balm i love that one to its perfect for winter days with that dry skin" in 217 reviews
Ruth D.
This product truly has a cult following. I'm still on the fence as to whether it's deserved. I purchased this once and it lasted FOREVER so that's a plus. It does have a definite rose scent so if that bothers you this isn't for you.  I thought the smell would be a bit more subtle. Another pro is that this product is a balm that can be used on more than the lips. I used it for my cuticles and dry patches on other areas of the body. And it STILL lasted forever. I guess my hesitancy to say it's the best thing ever is that I can't get out of my mind the thought that it's just scented glorified petroleum jelly. The ingredients are just so so.
Livi A.
I’ve been using this Rosebud Salve product for many years and while I’ve considered it a staple for smooth lips and it is still fairly moisturizing, the more I’ve used it over a longer period the more it just feels akin to regular petroleum jelly. It gives about the same amount of moisture and wears off fairly quickly for me even when a thicker layer is applied. It gets the job done though and if you don’t have any severe problems with dryness this should be a nice reliable lip balm.
Melanie C.
Manteca, CA
I finally found a way to get rid of my chapped lips. And no, it didn’t start with this product. I started by completely cutting out anything with beeswax (yes, I said goodbye to the addicting friendly peppermint bee product) and exfoliated with an 18-hour-wearing-lip-color cult product, and found myself facing $20 for a new silly little tube of shea/petroleum lip moisturizer. Noooope nope. I searched for an alternative, took a chance on this and I LOVE it. It feels and tastes like a tiny plethora of baby roses just kissed your lips. I use this during the day and Bite Lip Mask during the night and my lips have never been so plump and soft. I saw my boyfriend for the first time in a few months and he noticed my lips were a lot softer. He asked if I’m kissing him differently and I just said nope, I told you I’ve been using different lip products! He loves it, he even likes the taste when I freshly apply it. I can see how this has a cult following haha. If I could, I would buy this in tube form or chapstick form because a tin is a little to unsanitary for me but it is so worth it. I also use it on my hands and being in clinic washing my hands all the time— this works wonders. I’ve had my tin for about 6 months now and there’s still much more than half remaining, space little definitely goes a long way!

Pro tip: This stuff will melt in really hot weather (left it on a chair by the pool in Texas) so it made it a little difficult to open because there was product mashed between the tin and the lid. I took advantage of this situation and left it out in the sun for a couple more hours and it melted beautifully into a flat , clean surface. I cleaned up the tin and it was just like new! Gave me an idea to make little travel tins to keep in different bags because I’m always transferring my one tin between school and outing bags.
Maggie B.
Purchased at: ULTA
This is a must have for me. I use matte long lasting lipstick because my work gets so busy I don’t have time to reapply lipstick. I keep this tin in my pocket an can dab it on easily all day and it helps keep my lipstick from drying out my lips. No other lip balm or chapstick can help with the lipstick as this one can. Also I suffer from very dry lips in general so even when I’m not wearing lipstick I use this for my chapped lips and it’s an incredible help.
Tracy T.
So I was in need of a PERFECT chapstick, and I mean, a chapstick that would give me a little color but make my lips a little plump and keep it moisturized for a long time. And If that’s what you’re looking for, I don’t recommend this. It definitely does feel softer and nicer than most salves I’ve used, for example the Vaseline one is thicker, I just didn’t feel it was as moisturizing and it didn’t last long 😕Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve Tin
Shamari P.
Suitland , MD
This is by far one of my least favorite lip products that I own. I do not find this salve moisturizing at all.

The product hardly lasts on my lips and I find myself having to reapply often. If your lips don't need much moisture and you like a lightweight product, you might like this.

I definitely would not recommend this product to anyone.

I do love the scent of rose though.
Skyley L.
I love the scent of it. I'm a sucker for anything rose-anything. It's not super strong and doesn't smell fake, it's just a faint pretty scent. I love the tin it comes in, it's just so adorable and I like how it almost looks old-fashioned. It mostly sits on top of the lips instead of like really really penetrating and moisturizing, but it still works enough that my lips aren't cracking like usual.
Jessie P.
Bronx, NY
I've been trying to find a solution for my dry chapped lips, and I finally found my solution! This salve is perfect for making your lips soft and gives it enough time to heal again. I put it on every night before I sleep and it really helps with keeping my lips moisturized. One thing I disliked at first was the smell of this salve (smells like rose), but after a while I got use to it. The smell is very faint.
Laura A.
Windermere
Great product to have in your purse, especially in winter.  Works beautifully as a lip balm, but also works on dry cuticles and minor abrasions.  Adds a glow to eyelids or the high points of face. Adds a lovely natural pink hue to lips. My daughters usually have these lying all over the house so they are never without.  We have repurchased many times.
Neidy  R.
There is a reason that so many beauty professionals swear by this stuff and it's because it is amazing! It leaves your lips soft and makes it easier for lip stains and lipsticks to smooth on. It is super affordable and smells great. It does get a little annoying to have to use your finger to apply but then you can just smooth it on your hands for moisture. Win-win!
Kalei L.
Where Can I purchase this?
Rebecca H.
Oceanside , CA
Does this stain your lips?
Morgan P.
Windsor, ON
Can I find this anywhere besides sephora?
Echo F.
Ottawa, ON
I don't like using my fingers to apply lip balm. Has anyone tried transferring the lip balm to a tube form? Is this lip balm worth purchasing?
Lindsey M.
St Helena Is, SC
Will this help with chapped lips?