BY RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES #1 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• What can you donate to the Ronald McDonalds house? And wh...5 Answers
  • Like this if you love McDonald's like me11 Answers
Traci S.
Mine Hill, NJ
I never used to donate to this charity but recently a friend's nephew went through some terrible medical trauma and ended up at CHIPS. When I heard this charity donates apartments across from the hospital for the family to live in while their child is treated- I had never heard of such a thing- and it's an amazing idea. After knowing someone who benefited from this charity, I have a whole new appreciation.
Beth B.
Columbia, SC
My son's best friend had a brain tumor removed and Ronald McDonald House was there for her family just like we hear about but what you don't hear is the kindness to adults. My father was undergoing radiation and I was looking for a drink machine, I asked the volunteer in the family room (children's hospital & cancer center are connected) and she sent me back to him with drinks for both of us and offered snacks too. It made my day and I am sure his too. Luckily he is better now but that volunteer sticks out and is why I always collect can tabs.
Chrissy P.
Eufaula, OK
This is a wonderful organization, and it holds a special part of my heart. My daughter was born with pneumonia, and the Ronald McDonald House helped me so much while she was in the hospital. The hospital wouldn't allow me to spend 24 hours a day there, so I went to the Ronald McDonald House to rest until I was able to go back. It truly is an amazing place for people who do not have a lot of money!
Keziah B.
Bloomington, IN
My son was born 10 weeks early, and spent 3 months in the childrens hospital where he had 2 major surgeries. while he was there my husband and I got to stay at the RMH and they were such a blessing to us, without them we wouldn't have been able to stay with him. They reached out to us with more than just a place to stay. Provided us with meals, and a shoulder to cry on sometimes. Love this Charity!
Emily F.
Baldwin Park, CA
I have no personally been helped by this charity but a close friend of mine has. Not going to go in detail on her condition but she has always and will always be thanking Ronald McDonald house charity for its love towards her. They host great events and are all about helping others out!
Justina M.
Emporia, KS
My elder sister was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of 1.5 and has had numerous surgeries the following 27 years. When my parents were a young family just starting out and faced with this life changing event, the Ronald McDonald house welcomed them when they were forced to uproot their lives about 9 hours away from home. We still support them and send all of our pop tabs in to raise funds.
Christy D.
Muscle Shoals, AL
When I was 12 years old I had to have a spinal fusion. At that time, that was a serious surgery. I was in the hospital for a week and during that time The Ronald McDonald House took care of my family. They only had to pay $10 per night! I am truly grateful for the Ronald McDonald house!
Stephanie E.
Christiansbrg, VA
I had to stay in a Ronald McDonald house whenever we had my daughter. She was in the NICU, and they had a place right next to the hospital. The free meal, the free housing... They are literal life savors. Everyone that donates to things like this... Thank you.
Lisa A.
Nampa, ID
We stayed here when we went to Utah for surgery and they were amazing they helped us feel so comfortable and they were nice and it was an easy pain-free process while taking a kid to surgery during the hardest times of your life they were a kind company to work with I would recommend them highly and donate as much as you can to this company
Auddy W.
This is a WONDERFUL organization! My fiance's brother's family had little to no money at the time, and their young baby was extremely sick. They had to keep traveling an hour every day to see the baby (in the hospital) and had no food or anything. This organization let them live up there until the baby could go home and provided warmth and shelter. Couldn't ask for better organization to help families!
Jannette C.
Raleigh, NC
What kinds of things do you donate to the Ronald McDonald House?
Elizabeth M.
Compton , CA
Does this charities ever charge for there services??
Tony  M.
Can I donate to any McDonald house?
LaToi J.