Ronald McDonald House Charities
Top Questions See all 4,059 Q&A
Ronald McDonald House Charities
- "Money, your time, dropping off means to families that are staying there to be near their sick children... Great opportunities to involve your children, as well!" in 42 reviews
- "I've had so many family & friends that have had to use the Ronald McDonald house charity & it helped them out tremendously....very thankful for this organization!!!" in 37 reviews
- "Ronald McDonald is a great charity although I'm grateful I never needed it I know people who have i thinks its wonderful they help families have a place to stay when a member of the family will be in the hospital for a while.I donate every time I go to eat I love to help when I can." in 34 reviews
- "Our local one purchased a hotel across from the hospital so they could renovate it for those who need to stay close but can't afford a room." in 29 reviews
- "my aunt has a developmental disabilities and she has been collectiong pop tabs since i was very young...now that i'm older and i am her cargiver we collect them togther and take tub full s to mcdonalds they usually give her a free lunch forbinging them and it makes her so happy to do it." in 19 reviews
A lot of my friends and family at some point have had to use the Ronald McDonald House, while i hope and wish that no one else would have to use it, sadly i know that that is not the case and so i continue to support them. They need all the support they can get to continue to help these families while they need to be close to their children.
I was recently at the hospital once again with my little girl, and had the opportunity to use a Ronald McDonald Room! It was set up so nicely with a private place I could wait for my little girl while she was getting her procedure done! I didn't have to worry about running around to find food, a place to sit and a place to be at rest! It made a hard day manageable! Now whenever I see an opportunity to give change or donate money, I will be giving what I can! What a wonderful thing for worried parents!
This is one of my favorite charities! Donating to them has been made easy, as you have probably already have seen their donation boxes around your community. The most well known place is at your local McDonalds. I have been to the children's hospital and the Ronald McDonald House, all the money that is donated goes to great use!! So please keep on supporting them!!
I love our neighboring Ronald McDonald House. When my daughter was in hospital in nicu , they asked if we would like to stay there. I said no because we only lived twenty minutes away from the hospital. Someone else might need that room. They did let me make lunch or dinners in there while she was at the hospital . she was there almost 12 days and they were so nice. I've tried donating food items and hygiene items to them a few times in the years since but it always feels like I could do more.
I know of two of my co-workers/freinds who have recently had to take their children to the IWK and the Ronald McDonald house was there to assist them in their long term housing. They opened their doors to the families in need and welcomed them with opened arms, this takes off a great deal of stress on the families who are already going through such a great deal them self. It is a great place so please give to the charity when and if you can, you never know if you are going to find yourself there.
I've had the opportunity to fundraise for this charity on multiple occasions. I support them because I know what it is like to be a sick child hours away from a hospital. It is important that every child have a home away from home if they are hospitalized. This charity does awesome work and gives parents one less thing to worry about.
Well I work with the house Ronald McDonalds here in Venezuela and it is something incredible the strength that these children have and the support that their parents give them and that motivates us to collaborate since they are children with very serious diseases that fight every day with a hope of life
Families being close to their sick child is extremely important for both the child and the family. If parents don't have to stress and worry about the cost of transportation, parking, hotels, etc they have more of a chance at lifting their child's spirits and helping them to get better. It is such an amazing thing Ronald McDonald house does for families!
I am forever thankful to the Ronald McDonald house. I had to stay there when my child was admitted into the hospital (stayed a week)! They are very kind. I got to stay there free of charge so I could be close to my daughter which was amazing because it saved me a lot of money in the long run. I always donate to them!!
Being the mom of two premies I have had housing and meals offered to me a couple times. Luckily I didn't need it, but was so happy to know there is help for families who do. This is a wonderful thing. It gets expensive and tiring staying out of town or state with a sick child. So greatful someone is looking out for them.
Q & A
What kinds of things do you donate to the Ronald McDonald House?
Does this charities ever charge for there services??
Can I donate to any McDonald house?
Aren't they the best?
Does the Ronald McDonald House Charities donations money actually goes to the children's ?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos