BY RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES #1 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

• What can you donate to the Ronald McDonalds house? And wh...5 Answers
  • Like this if you love McDonald's like me11 Answers
Katlin P.
Gastonia, NC
The Ronald McDonald house in Charlotte,NC, was a tremendous help while my daughter was in Presbyterian hospitals NICU in 2010. We were truly blessed to have their help, in that hard time for our family.
monica c.
My pregnancy and childbirth with my eldest son was anything but easy. From the first day of pregnancy, she was not expected to do it full time. Fast forward 8 months later (packed with special medical appts. & Procedures), I'm entering the UVA hospital for a routine ultrasound only to find that the fluid has been rebuilt back up and want to take it a month earlier of time. About a week and a half later, I'm being discharged from section C myself while my son is in the NICU with a breathing tube and many other gadgets and gizmos tied to him.
Nicole S.
Columbus, OH
I've watched our local chapter go from a small house to a complex that takes up about 2-3 blocks. After college I worked with an organization that would help out clean the original house. I was amazed at the work they were doing to support the families of sick children.
Erica C.
Ballston Spa, NY
Ronald McDonald House Charity is near and dear to my heart. When my nephew was born he had some complications and my brother and his girlfriend were always right by his side. Ronald McDonald House stepped in and helped in so many ways. My family is eternally grateful.
Marissa R.
Orlando, FL
I volunteered at one of the Ronald McDonald houses before. It's amazing what they do to help families of sick children. They are a great organization to give to because they give back so much to others
Kaleigh W.
Lehighton, PA
This place does so many great things for famlies with sick children. Giving the famlies a place to sleep so they can stay with their children. Such a great place, I donate everytime I get fast food.
Ariel V.
St Petersburg, FL
I volunteer with RMH every other weekend and have been doing so for about 2 years now. I love it there :) I feel that I am getting more out of my volunteering than they are getting out of me. The families are so grateful for your help and the staff members are some of the kindest people you will ever meet.
They are not discriminatory in any way. The staff are of varying religious backgrounds and race. I know that they are LGBT friendly as well. When I first started volunteering there I had an edgy haircut (long but shaved on both sides - not quite a mo-hawk though) and facial piercing and they did not care or even ask me to remove them.
They are always holding fun events and giving gifts to the volunteers to show gratitude.
My mom stayed there when I was a child and raves about the experience. I have also spoken with the families staying in the house while volunteering and they all seem extremely thankful for the service.
If you are looking to do some volunteer work, I highly recommend you try RMH. If you are looking for a charity to donate to, I can assure you that the money will be well spent and greatly appreciated by many families- worried parents, siblings, and sick children.
Brittney S.
Fort Payne, AL
This is such a great charity. I love what they do for families. Ronald McDonald House Charities is an independent nonprofit organization. I love that they provide a “home-away-from-home” for families so they can stay close by their hospitalized child at little or no cost.
Lina M.
Altus, OK
This is such a great foundation. While one of my friends brother got paralyzed we stayed at the Ronald McDonald house in springvally. All for free. The beds were so comfortable and the food was great.
Sarah H.
Ive gone there once with my family when we were at the hospital in chicago, i didnt understnad what was going in becuase i was so little but the people were super nice there and it felt like a nice hotel that seemed better then any other place. Very welcoming.
Jannette C.
Raleigh, NC
What kinds of things do you donate to the Ronald McDonald House?
Elizabeth M.
Compton , CA
Does this charities ever charge for there services??
Tony  M.
Can I donate to any McDonald house?
LaToi J.