Rome Industries Pie Iron Cookout Set

This combo gift set includes 2 all-time favorite pie irons loved by family campers and scouts and for over 45 years. Made from solid cast iron with dependable chrome-plated steel handles, it s the perfect design that s built to last. Set includes one square and one round design, plus a cookbook with over 100 recipes. To make a pudgy pie, simply place 2 pieces of buttered bread in the clamshell-style compartment and stuff with preserves, cheese and meat, pie filling or whatever you want. Close the lid and toast over the fire until done. Perfect for campfire or backyard fire pits. see more...

Rebecca G.
I've had these for a few years while camping. You can make anything from pizza, to pies, to breakfast sandwiches. You have to keep an eye on the pies while they are cooking or they can easily become overcooked or burnt. Also use bread slightly bigger than the plate, so they get sealed shut and you can cut off the burnt outsides.
Jamie B.
Macon, GA
We used the square cooker on a recent camping trip to make apple pies. The only difficulty was in finding the right level of done-ness. Pies were often not done or too burnt. Definitely something fun to play around with and I think it would make an amazing grilled cheese sandwich!
English D.
Staunton, VA
These have always been a camping staple for my family since I was a small child. We made Hobo Pies ( bread and pie filling), grilled cheese, french toast circles, and many other things. They are great and kids love them!
Melissa M.
Pasadena, MD
I have a set of the square irons and the companion cookbook. This is not only great fun, but results are yummy (and kid friendly). Lots of good ideas that I wouldn't have thought to do on my own. The only downsides are that they are awkward handling when hot and they are a bit bulky to store (very long)
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
I love these. I was introduced a few years ago and have not stopped using them! I love all the different recipes you can try in these and that the kids can have an active part in making their own food!
Kayla M.
Apache Jct, AZ
We were introduced to these while camping with family 2 years ago. It has been an easy way to have everyone help to get dinner done and served. The kids like that they can put what they want on theirs. There are so may recipes out there that are great for families.
Angel W.
des moines, IA
We love these every time we go camping these are great tools for making breakfast sandwiches with eggs and cheese in them or just eggs! Makes fabulous grilled cheese and biscuits also!
Colene C.
Spanaway, WA
We bought these last summer for camping. I love the recipe book it comes with. It has really expanded my camping cooking ideas for a better meal away from home.
Amye H.
Fun and easy to use! Makes cooking over the fire even easier and a more fun for young children creating there own meals and helping cooking them!
Amanda M.
Madison, WI
We have two of the square irons and use them to make pizza every time we camp. It is definitely our favorite camp meal.
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
Favorite Recipes to make with these?