BY ROLLING ROCK #47 in Beer

Enjoy Responsibly. see more...

• Does anyone else like a lime in their Rolling Rock?5 Answers
  • Why is this on the wellness area of this site? 3 Answers
  • I wonder if they will bring out any other flavors?5 Answers
Harley G.
Windsor, ME
know this review may create a great deal of controversy. That is if we’re lucky. We can use all the publicity we can get. But the facts are simple. We here at the Belly aren’t concerned about calories, we’re concerned about taste and quality. That’s why I consider Rolling Rock to be the best light beer. Please note that I did not and will not refer to Rolling Rock as a “lite” beer and I am not referring to “Rolling Rock Light”. I’m talking about good ol’ Rolling Rock in the green bottle. Number “33”. Whatever that means (see below). Don’t ask me because I don’t care what it means. And I’m not going to take up valuable cyber space describing the types of hops, barley and craftsmanship that goes into each bottle of Rolling Rock. Because I don’t know. I just know I like it. I like it a lot. But enough ranting, let me get to the facts.

No doubt if you’ve ever had a Rolling Rock and paid for it yourself, you know that it is inexpensive. So if you’re ever reduced to living in a van down by the river you’ll still be able to afford it. It’s even less expensive than other mass produced bottled beers like Budweiser. Additionally, Rolling Rock, unlike Budweiser, Coors and other domestic generic fermented swill, does not claim to be a premium lager. Instead it only refers to itself as an extra pale golden lager. And that it is. But what it lacks in body, zest and bite, it makes up for in lightness, zing and cold refreshment. Think of it as the Fresca of beers. Of course you can’t enjoy Fresca when you’re jonesing for a Coke or chocolate shake. So you shouldn’t order a Rolling Rock when what you really want is stout. And don’t force one on yourself, just wait for the right mood to hit. Usually when the mercury hits 85 – 90 degrees or after helping a friend move his furniture into a five-story walk up.

Over the years, I’ve tried many different light or lite beers. But never more than once (with the exception of Amstel Light). I once heard a light beer referred to as a beer spritzer and that sounds about right to me (again with the exception of Amstel Light). But Rolling Rock, despite its lightness, still tastes like beer. Not like Coors Light, the so-called silver bullet. I often think that it got that name for its metallic taste.

Next time you have a party and are tempted to buy some Budweiser, Miller or Coors for your less beer savvy friends, try Rolling Rock. Trust me, when the party is over you won’t be asking “Now what I am I going to do with all of this left-over swill?” You’ll find a good home for it. In your gullet! Of course, you’ll still have some calorie conscious friends looking for the right reduced calorie beer. Sorry, I can’t help you with that, Jack.

In all fairness and to avoid confusion, I guess I should refer to Rolling Rock as the best lighter beer. It is certainly lighter than most of the high quality beers you’ll find reviewed in the Belly. But it still deserves honorable mention for its (forgive the cliché) “tastes great, less filling” appeal. And most important, always remember that I like it. I like it a lot.
Danielle C.
I'm not really a fan of this beer at all. It has a really earthy flavor and has an almost watered down taste to me. In my opinion that is a way overpriced beer for what you're getting. I think it's just one of those fad beers where everyone just buys it because of the name. Or it might just be an acquired taste because one of my friends loves it and I hate it. Rolling Rock Beer
Natty D.
Review for: Glass more...
I’m not a beer drinker.. mama has herself what some like to call a “tolerance” and most carbonated drinks just fill me up before they get me to feeling sassy. So when i do find myself at an icehouse type establishment I go for any adult beverage based on flavor first! Rolling Rock is a great choice for those that want a lighter beer flavor without the kind aftertaste that makes it obvious you’re not a beer drinker and twists up that pretty face!
Amber R.
Pawtucket
Review for: Glass more...
Rolling rock is a family favorite. All the crispness of a good beer with no hangover. I have repurchased. Great beer for a good price. The packaging is great, sleek yet the green grabs the attention of your eye.
Elizabeth F.
Austin
Review for: Glass more...
If you’ve read my previous beer reviews, you know that I like an easy to drink beer that doesn’t have a bitter after taste. Rolling Rock fits the bill - which is great for a pale ale- and it’s affordable. This is a great beer to drink at the end of the night and is best freezing cold.
coupon f.
orange
Review for: Glass more...
Pretty good well rounded beer. Really hits the spot on a hot day. Goes great with pizza and really has a unique flavor I always find myself craving. I always recommend this brand to my friends and family so of obviously I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys drinking beer like I do.
Amber C.
Rittman, OH
This has taken the place of PBR (the one hipsters took over and ruined its rep) as a lot of people still think this is shi##y beer, but I think it's quite tasty. You can drink a whole 12-pack and still be sober enough to hold your friend's hair back while she pukes up her cosmos
Jennifer S.
Spokane, WA
Review for: Glass more...
I am not a beer drinking matter fact I can’t stand it. Someone introduced me to this at a bbq last summer and to my surprise I really enjoyed it. The taste is fresh and it’s not at all bitter. I have purchased it a few times since and I am sure I’ll continue to in the future!
Michaela C.
Review for: Glass more...
I wouldn't say Rolling Rock is necessarily a "good beer", but on a hot day, sitting outside with a really cold glass bottle of Rolling Rock is pretty nice.  It's not a heavy beer, so you don't feel full or sleepy after drinking it, and it is definitely affordable.
Brianna T.
Indianapolis, IN
Meh.... That's exaxy how I feel about this beer. When I first started drinking beer, I would've maybe recommended this. But there are so many flavorful and delicious beers. That this just doesn't come close to how good some of the craft beers are which are readily available.
Sara U.
Brandon, FL
Does anyone else like a lime in their Rolling Rock?
Hannah B.
Brentwood, TN
I wonder if they will bring out any other flavors?
Marci P.
Why is this on the wellness area of this site?
Katie C.
Manassas, VA
Does Rolling Rock make any other beer besides the extra pale?