BY ROLLING ROCK #55 in Beer

Enjoy Responsibly. see more...

• Does anyone else like a lime in their Rolling Rock?5 Answers
  • Why is this on the wellness area of this site? 3 Answers
  • I wonder if they will bring out any other flavors?5 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Harley G.
Windsor, ME
know this review may create a great deal of controversy. That is if we’re lucky. We can use all the publicity we can get. But the facts are simple. We here at the Belly aren’t concerned about calories, we’re concerned about taste and quality. That’s why I consider Rolling Rock to be the best light beer. Please note that I did not and will not refer to Rolling Rock as a “lite” beer and I am not referring to “Rolling Rock Light”. I’m talking about good ol’ Rolling Rock in the green bottle. Number “33”. Whatever that means (see below). Don’t ask me because I don’t care what it means. And I’m not going to take up valuable cyber space describing the types of hops, barley and craftsmanship that goes into each bottle of Rolling Rock. Because I don’t know. I just know I like it. I like it a lot. But enough ranting, let me get to the facts.

No doubt if you’ve ever had a Rolling Rock and paid for it yourself, you know that it is inexpensive. So if you’re ever reduced to living in a van down by the river you’ll still be able to afford it. It’s even less expensive than other mass produced bottled beers like Budweiser. Additionally, Rolling Rock, unlike Budweiser, Coors and other domestic generic fermented swill, does not claim to be a premium lager. Instead it only refers to itself as an extra pale golden lager. And that it is. But what it lacks in body, zest and bite, it makes up for in lightness, zing and cold refreshment. Think of it as the Fresca of beers. Of course you can’t enjoy Fresca when you’re jonesing for a Coke or chocolate shake. So you shouldn’t order a Rolling Rock when what you really want is stout. And don’t force one on yourself, just wait for the right mood to hit. Usually when the mercury hits 85 – 90 degrees or after helping a friend move his furniture into a five-story walk up.

Over the years, I’ve tried many different light or lite beers. But never more than once (with the exception of Amstel Light). I once heard a light beer referred to as a beer spritzer and that sounds about right to me (again with the exception of Amstel Light). But Rolling Rock, despite its lightness, still tastes like beer. Not like Coors Light, the so-called silver bullet. I often think that it got that name for its metallic taste.

Next time you have a party and are tempted to buy some Budweiser, Miller or Coors for your less beer savvy friends, try Rolling Rock. Trust me, when the party is over you won’t be asking “Now what I am I going to do with all of this left-over swill?” You’ll find a good home for it. In your gullet! Of course, you’ll still have some calorie conscious friends looking for the right reduced calorie beer. Sorry, I can’t help you with that, Jack.

In all fairness and to avoid confusion, I guess I should refer to Rolling Rock as the best lighter beer. It is certainly lighter than most of the high quality beers you’ll find reviewed in the Belly. But it still deserves honorable mention for its (forgive the cliché) “tastes great, less filling” appeal. And most important, always remember that I like it. I like it a lot.
Danielle C.
I'm not really a fan of this beer at all. It has a really earthy flavor and has an almost watered down taste to me. In my opinion that is a way overpriced beer for what you're getting. I think it's just one of those fad beers where everyone just buys it because of the name. Or it might just be an acquired taste because one of my friends loves it and I hate it. Rolling Rock Beer
Gina B.
Twentynine Palms, CA
Rolling rock is always my hottest summer day choice as it’s light enough to drink rather quickly. Has enough bite however that it does not taste “cheap” and I enjoy watching those who are trying for the first time rave how surprised they are as they always thought it was a cheap and watery beer. Excellent with light snacks.
Kelly H.
LOCKPORT
It's a refreshing in between beer or great on a hot summer day or when you are camping or doing work outside... tastes good. This is one of those kinds of beers that you can drink with anything. Over the rocks is good. I keep mine freezing cold in a beer fridge to maker sure it's extra cold when drinking.inexpensive.
CRYSTAL T.
ELKTON
Review for: Glass more...
Rolling rock to me is like a cheap version of the Heineken but they taste almost the same. If you don't have the extra coins to buy the Heineken you can buy the rolling rock and be good. I'm not much of a beer drinker but I really like them. My husband and I used to drink these all the time.
coupon f.
orange
Review for: Glass more...
Pretty good well rounded beer. Really hits the spot on a hot day. Goes great with pizza and really has a unique flavor I always find myself craving. I always recommend this brand to my friends and family so of obviously I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys drinking beer like I do.
Jennifer S.
Spokane, WA
Review for: Glass more...
I am not a beer drinking matter fact I can’t stand it. Someone introduced me to this at a bbq last summer and to my surprise I really enjoyed it. The taste is fresh and it’s not at all bitter. I have purchased it a few times since and I am sure I’ll continue to in the future!
Sarah W.
Buffalo, NY
Review for: Premium Extra Pale 6 more...
My boyfriend got a case of these when we were out with a large group of his friends at a bar and when I asked what it tasted like he said “it’s good” and that was a lie. It’s watery piss. It reminded me of when I’d accidentally pour water into my cup at a frat party.
Brianna T.
Indianapolis, IN
Meh.... That's exaxy how I feel about this beer. When I first started drinking beer, I would've maybe recommended this. But there are so many flavorful and delicious beers. That this just doesn't come close to how good some of the craft beers are which are readily available.
Christine F.
Spokane
Review for: Beer Bottles 6 - 16 fl oz; 1 pt; cans more...
This beer is cheap which will win out at times, however the flavor is pretty standard. It’s super affordable and that’s why it wins out at times to the alternatives. I would only recommend if they were looking for something cheap that will get them drunk.
Sara U.
Brandon, FL
Does anyone else like a lime in their Rolling Rock?
Hannah B.
Nashville, TN
I wonder if they will bring out any other flavors?
Marci P.
Why is this on the wellness area of this site?
Katie C.
Manassas, VA
Does Rolling Rock make any other beer besides the extra pale?