First let me say that the seller provided amazing customer service, so this review does not reflect my level of satisfaction with the experience I received from them. I would give them 5 stars for communication and commitment to make me, the customer, happy.
As for the Roku stick I really did not like it. Its performance was close to terrible and I found myself regularly frustrated at how slow and buggy this thing was. Maybe I got a defective stick because I decided not to give it a second chance and just went with a Roku 2 instead.
1. Its small size and direct connection to HDMI. This thing can be concealed behind your flat screen easily at no extra cost. Compared to the Roku 1, 2, and 3 this is a definite advantage.
2. It's cheap. This is a very affordable option for someone looking for a streaming media device.
1. It takes a really long time to power on. If you don't power the stick with the wall adapter and opt for powering it via USB to the TV then every time you turn off your TV it powers down the Roku stick. Powering the Roku stick with a wall adapter will leave the stick powered on even if the TV is powered off. However, unless you have a power outlet high up behind the flat screen you will have a long USB cable dangling down from your TV to the power outlet near the ground which would kill the pro of small and concealable.
2. Wifi only and bad wifi reliability. The stick I bought would drop wifi at least once a day if not more and would need to be restarted or manually reconnected to our wifi network. If you are wanting to stream in HD then this stick is a very bad streaming option.
3. SLOW BUGGY REMOTE! This was probably one of the most frustrating parts of our whole Roku stick experience. We literally pressed buttons on the remote and waited 5 to 10 seconds for the Roku to register what we were pressing. If you kept pressing it would totally freeze the Roku and would force restart itself. I have not had a single problem with the remotes for Roku LT, Roku 2, Roku 3, or Roku 4. I wanted to throw the remote at my TV every time I tried to use it. My guess is that the problem wasn't the remote so much as it was the Roku stick's ability to communicate with a remote because I tried using my iPhone app remote and it was even worse.
When comparing this Roku stick to other Roku models there is no comparison, it is not worth it. When comparing the Roku stick to other streaming sticks like Chromecast and Amazon Fire stick the only advantage the Roku stick has is an abundance of native apps. However, the Chromecast and Amazon Fire stick outperforms the Roku stick hands down.
Overall, I would not recommend this streaming device with the availability of so many other options. Do your self a favor and just buy a Roku 1, 2, 3, or 4 if you must have a Roku. Otherwise consider a Chromecast, or Fire stick if you want a streaming stick.