Roku 2 XS

How do you use this ?
What is the difference bet the roku 2, roku 2 XD and roku 2 XS?
Start your review of Roku 2 XS!
How would you rate this product?
6 years agoRoyse City, TX
I bought a Roku a few months ago hoping to ditch my cable subscription because I mostly watch Netflix anyway. Roku seemed like a great way to replace my cable and almost every review of it promised that it could completely replace your cable so I was stoked. After I purchased it, however, I realized how useless it was to me. First off, if you have a PS3 or 4 or any other gaming system with streaming capabilities, don't waste your money on Roku because it does the exact same thing. It's simply a box for you to stream different subscriptions through to your TV (such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc). So yeah, turns out we didn't need it for that aspect because we have a PS4. But we thought, "Hey, we've heard a lot of people say that there are tons of channels on Roku" so we went in search of some channels to watch and there were thousands upon thousands... of junk channels. All old movies or crap TV that I wouldn't watch even if I had cable. Plus, certain channels require you to have a login through your cable provider to watch, which is counterproductive if you've ditched your cable for Roku. Overall, we were not satisfied with our Roku and took it back the next day.
2 years agoWeymouth, MA
Roku 2 XS uploaded by Widienne B.
I've been using RokuXS for 4 years now and I LOVE IT! It's everything you need in one place using one remote. Gets better with the updates and super easy to use. You'll be surprised what that little box can do!
2 years agoStone Mtn, GA
This is a good tool to have in your home as well. Very convenient and easy to use. The price could be better but you are paying for convenience . Definitely worth he purchase. I bought mine through amazon.
5 years agoChurch Hill, TN
Love this product! While yes, it offers streaming you could utilize through another system, it also offers a huge variety of other channels that while you may find them "boring" others may be quite pleased with them. We were happy to be able to free up our PS3 for actual gaming while someone watched the Roku in another room. While we haven't left cable completely this device would make it very easy to do so. I love the searching capability where I can search through the roku and it will search all the services for the movie or show I am looking for and show me where I can find it, and if it is a service that doesn't have a subscription, how much it is. The box itself is very durable and can take a beating. We have had the box for about a year and we have two small toddlers who are now 1 and 2 as well as 2 kittens who are under 1 year old so you can imagine how many times the box has been knocked off, thrown, hit, etc... and that doesn't even come close to the abuse the poor remote has endured! Yet both work perfect. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking to stream.
6 years agoLafayette, LA
I love the Roku. I don't even have cable anymore. Purchased two boxes one for my bedroom and one for the living room, as well as netflixs. I didn't really have time for the start to watch TV so this is perfect. I can stop and start a show as necessary. In addition, it is so easy to use. The navigation on it is easy.
5 years agoGreensboro, NC
I love my Roku..I was one of the early adopters to the ROKU and have since upgraded to this version as the Roku 3 is just a it faster with some other features I really did not need. There are so many channels to choose from and now with YouTube finally being a legit channel there are endless options for finding something to watch. Was able to drop cable and just get over-the-air channels along with the full hd roku and we are good to go!
3 years agoMechanicsburg, PA
I've been using my Roku XS for three years now and it's still a champ. I pair it with Plex Media Server at home to stream movies over our wireless network to the TV, and it's a beautiful setup. There are Roku channels for pretty much everything you can imagine, so I'm sure we haven't even really scratched the surface of this baby - so much to love!
5 years agoClearwater, FL
I bought the roku 2xs when it first came out as a cheap alternative to cable. I haven't considered anything else since. It's compact and can travel with you. I used it to play music at a party i hosted. Easy to use. Tons of channels. You can even play games on it with the wii-like remote. We misplaced the remote once. Guess what, there's an app for that! Operate it with your smart phone! Yep. A++
3 years agoDes Moines , IA
My roku is my life line! I have one in my living room and bedroom. Even though my living room set up has a smart TV this format is so much better and easier to navigate, not to mention goes through fewer firmware updates. For the price you definitely get your monies worth out of it!
5 years agoPalm Desert, CA
I love my Roku, I have had it for years, I wanted apple TV but decided to go with the Roku because it was much more affordable. I am able to stream almost anything, I use Netflix, HBO Go, and Hulu plus mostly. The ability to order/rent movie through amazon is a nice feature. The set up is dummy proof, and I can take it and activate the roku to almost every television. I love my Roku!