Rodin Olio Lusso - Luxury Face Oil uploaded by michelle w.

BY RODIN OLIO LUSSO

RODIN olio lusso, composed of an aromatic blend of eleven essential oils is derived from flowers and other botanicals-every one of them known for their skin-soothing, softening and glow-giving properties. Blended together, they leave the skin looking and feeling instantly supple, radiant and hydrated. RODIN olio lusso is more than a liquid moisturizer. It is a skin scent that is chemical free, and makes your skin the best it can be naturally. see more...

• Is this really worth the price? What are it's top benefits?3 Answers
Han r.
Yonkers, NY
I have combination skin but some of the anti
Aging products I use really dry out my skin. While doing trial and error on my skincare routine I make sure to have this on hand. It’s the only product that really replenishes my skin and sits well under heavier moisturizers and overnight masks. It seeps onto washed skin well and quickly so it does not feel oily long after application. The smell is very subtle. My skin is typically finicky and I was nervous about using oil on it but this one is gentle but effective enough to be a winner. I don’t use it every night but when my skin is acting up and feeling dry I mix it into my moisturizer. When it’s too late and it’s already dry I apply directly onto my face.
Severine F.
I got it as a gift, it was awesome. It’s expensive so I have tried other brands since then. Nothing matches the texture and efficiency. My skin was moisturized and was not breaking out. I will have to buy some for myself.
Lauren M.
I have combination skin and rosacea that I struggled with for years. I couldn't figure out why my T zone was still so oily, and the rat of my face so dry. Cue a science friend telling me I was probably starving my skin of the oils it needed to be healthy by scrubbing it all away and not adding it back with my moisturizer. Enter Rodin's Olio Lusso. Is it expensive? Yes. Does it smell divine? Yes (jasmine and neroli). Does it last for-EVER? So much yes. Does it work? Hands-down. My skin has never looked so good, or felt so balanced throughout the day. I constantly get people saying my skin looks way too young for my age now. Olio Lusso is well worth the investment.
Leann F.
Alexandria, VA
What it is: Rodin Olio Lusso Face Oil ($170 per 1oz); availabe at Nordstrom, Barney's and Olio Lusso.

What it does: The OG, high-end luxury face oil. This hit cult status years and years ago, yet was elusive to find in store. Rodin is a heavily curated line that focus on niche, luxe items.

Why I bought it: Probably hype to be honest. I already loved skin oils after discovering the Bobbi Brown and I wanted the one beauty editors whispered about being the be all end all.

Pros: Comparatively speaking, it's not as pricey as some of the others I own - making it almost reasonable (maybe). It's actually a lovely face oil with a scent of jasmine and sweet almond. It is a traditional formulation; meaning not water penetrable, so it's best used as your last hydration step. I do still find the simplicity of the packaging attractive; it's very subtle, while the oil itself packs a punch.

Cons: See above, it's a standard formulation. While I don't always apply something after I use an oil, I do like the option of being able to. These days there are quite a few oils available that might meet your needs at a better price point; but that could be said for several on this list. Scent is likely to be a factor for some.

Will I buy it again: Yes, I would. It probably ranks below the La Mer and Cle de Peau for me in terms of how I can use it overall and with the Cle de Peau price per ounce. The exclusivity of it is a bit of a con as well; you do have to order this online unless you're lucky enough to live in NYC or wherever else they stock this in store. It's available, but not the most accessible.
Taryn K.
Dallas, TX
I got this item as a sample from my Barney's bag and I've given it a try against another facial oil that was included. This definitely provided the moisture I was looking for out of a face oil, but had some drawbacks.

The reason why I'm giving it only three stars is because of the way it smells. It is so floral, but not a nice light floral (like Daisy by Marc Jacobs), like my grandma's old floral perfume.

The odor is very overwhelming when you initially put it on. It does eventually fade though, which is why I've decided to continue to use it, until I run out of the sample size.

It does make my skin noticeably softer, and gives me a glow (then again, it is oil). So three stars, works well, but for $130 for a full size bottle there is no way I would buy something I couldn't stand to put on due to the odor.
Melanie G.
Absolutely obsessed with this oil, it feels so luxurious and soaks into the skin without feeling greasy. I picked this up from Nordstrom and while it has a steep price tag it is so with it. It's especially great in the winter to help my scaly skin, and sometimes I top it with moisturizer to lock it in.
Emily T.
This is my favorite face oil but it is super pricey. I love the scent and it feels so amazing on my skin.
michelle w.
Surrey
I suffer from dry skin so generally I love a good oil. The Rodin oil is pure luxury. It's moisturising without being greasy - light yet silky. The geranium and orange blossom scent is a natural, pleasant smell.

After applying at night, when I woke up the next morning my skin was ultra soft. This facial oil is £105, but I believe it is worth it if you are looking for the ultimate facial oil.
Anna K.
Brooklyn, NY
Is this really worth the price? What are it's top benefits?