Rock The Vote Mission

BY ROCK THE VOTE

Rock The Vote  Mission
Rock The Vote Mission
  • "Voting is so important and the celebrities involved in rock the vote really are making such a huge difference in young peoples." in 60 reviews
  • "I also believe that young adults complain, which is fine; however, not voting on making a change shouldn't allow to complain." in 10 reviews
  • "It educates young voters on the issues and helps the, become involved in the voting process, not just voting but also campaigning for candidates as well as issues....." in 9 reviews
  • "With so many issues directly affecting the younger generation, it is important for them to be informed and encouraged to make their voice count" in 9 reviews
  • "It is important to get young people to vote because it is our future & we have a right to have a say in." in 8 reviews
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
Pop Culture Expert
We MUST start getting the next generation to take their right to vote seriously. That said, they also need to know why they are voting, how their vote counts and what they are voting for. This does a pretty ok job with that. I may have done a few things differently, but for the most part, its a great reference.
Allison C.
Solon, OH
Voting is SO important. Especially this election cycle. The Rock the vote mission is a great way to use celebrities to help encourage young people to vote! Generally politicians don't campaign as much to ages18-24 because they think we don't vote. This is a great way to change that!
Krystyl M.
West Orange, NJ
This is an awesome idea and I hope it continues. Sometimes the younger crowd doesn't fully understand the importance of voting. It can be looked at as ineffective or uncool. Any program expressing to youth that they have a voice and should use it, is awesome to me. #Rock the Vote!
Cassie R.
Medford, OR
Love this organization! I love the fact they promote a citizen's duty to vote. I register to vote through them and sometimes win prizes through their promotions! They show the importance and impact one voice can make!!
Stephanie W.
Pop Culture Expert
Please continue to spread the word and encourage others to get out and vote. This election is scary to many and neither option is great but we need to be cautious. Please vote!
Monica P.
Valrico, FL
Pop Culture Expert
Great way to inform people of their right to vote. I think it brings great awareness especially to the young generation.
Lindsay D.
Fall River, MA
Pop Culture Expert
Great way to get the younger population to get out and vote! I remember back in the day watching on mtv
Stephanie r.
Rocky Hill, CT
Rock the Vote is a great program designed to make young people (and everyone, really, who is curious and wants to listen) aware of the issues that are important to them and our communities. They encourage people to get involved, stay informed, and vote for things and people who will impact their and our futures.

I think it's great that celebrities advocate the program. I'm not saying that celebs need to be a gimmick for people to vote, but they are a great resource for getting the message out through popular culture and can be viewed as role models for young people who are confused, uninformed, or simply unmotivated in these crucial times.

Rock the vote is one of my favorite campaigns and I'm glad it's starting to bring positive change for American youth.
Val I.
Barrington, NJ
Pop Culture Expert
I helped run a Rock the Vote club when I was in high school! It was really fun -- a lot of bands volunteered to come to a show that we organized in order to raise money and promote voter registration. The kids that came enjoyed it -- a lot of the band members gave away and sold signed merchandise, and we had a lot of people come out to the show. Overall, I think Rock the Vote does something very important -- as a citizen of the U.S.A., I feel it's my responsibility to vote, and I'd like for more people to feel the same way.
Deborah G.
Pop Culture Expert
Rock the Vote is one of my favorite initiatives that is out there. It's so important to raise awareness and help younger people become more socially responsible through voting and being educated voters. RTV helps young people to realize that they hold the power with which the path of our country can be shaped and changed. If you are registered to vote, please be sure to get out there and cast your vote on November 6 because your vote counts!
Angelique D.
Oakland Park, FL
Have you registered, or plan on registering yet?
Heather C.
Alpharetta, GA
What issues are most important to you?
Casey E.
Inez, KY
Do you think your vote had an impact on the election?
If you chose not to vote last election, why did you abstain?
Sarah S.
Philadelphia, PA
Have you been to any Rock the Vote events?