Rock The Vote Mission

BY ROCK THE VOTE #97 in TV

Rock The Vote  Mission
Rock The Vote Mission
  • "Voting is so important and the celebrities involved in rock the vote really are making such a huge difference in young peoples." in 60 reviews
  • "I also believe that young adults complain, which is fine; however, not voting on making a change shouldn't allow to complain." in 10 reviews
  • "It educates young voters on the issues and helps the, become involved in the voting process, not just voting but also campaigning for candidates as well as issues....." in 9 reviews
  • "With so many issues directly affecting the younger generation, it is important for them to be informed and encouraged to make their voice count" in 9 reviews
  • "It is important to get young people to vote because it is our future & we have a right to have a say in." in 8 reviews
Stephanie r.
Rocky Hill, CT
Rock the Vote is a great program designed to make young people (and everyone, really, who is curious and wants to listen) aware of the issues that are important to them and our communities. They encourage people to get involved, stay informed, and vote for things and people who will impact their and our futures.

I think it's great that celebrities advocate the program. I'm not saying that celebs need to be a gimmick for people to vote, but they are a great resource for getting the message out through popular culture and can be viewed as role models for young people who are confused, uninformed, or simply unmotivated in these crucial times.

Rock the vote is one of my favorite campaigns and I'm glad it's starting to bring positive change for American youth.
Val I.
Barrington, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I helped run a Rock the Vote club when I was in high school! It was really fun -- a lot of bands volunteered to come to a show that we organized in order to raise money and promote voter registration. The kids that came enjoyed it -- a lot of the band members gave away and sold signed merchandise, and we had a lot of people come out to the show. Overall, I think Rock the Vote does something very important -- as a citizen of the U.S.A., I feel it's my responsibility to vote, and I'd like for more people to feel the same way.
Lorri-Ann K.
Well, I would love to vote, I know I did some picks a few days ago, but the badge is not helpful. It takes me to a screen that shows the vote page but there's nothing for me to vote on and it wants a URL, which I don't have nor do I know how or where to get, I hope I don't get kicked out of this one , because I don't have a URL.
Deborah G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Rock the Vote is one of my favorite initiatives that is out there. It's so important to raise awareness and help younger people become more socially responsible through voting and being educated voters. RTV helps young people to realize that they hold the power with which the path of our country can be shaped and changed. If you are registered to vote, please be sure to get out there and cast your vote on November 6 because your vote counts!
Maria M.
Irving, TX
If you haven't registered to vote, go to Rock the Vote's website, and get registered. All you need to do is put in your information, and they email you the papers to print at home FOR FREE! All you need to do is to mail them to your State's Office, and BAM! You're registered to vote. Its really easy. Everyone should vote. Its free, and as Americans, we have the power to control who gets to sit and represent us as a country. How cool is that?
Krystyl M.
East Orange
This is an awesome idea and I hope it continues. Sometimes the younger crowd doesn't fully understand the importance of voting. It can be looked at as ineffective or uncool. Any program expressing to youth that they have a voice and should use it, is awesome to me. #Rock the Vote!
Allison C.
Solon, OH
Voting is SO important. Especially this election cycle. The Rock the vote mission is a great way to use celebrities to help encourage young people to vote! Generally politicians don't campaign as much to ages18-24 because they think we don't vote. This is a great way to change that!
Holly H.
Prairieville, LA
This is a movement that is supported by MTV to help young people understand/ become more active in the voting process. It educates young voters on the issues and helps the, become involved in the voting process, not just voting but also campaigning for candidates as well as issues..... It has impacted many generations of Americans- it has been a very positive movement!!!!
Brieanne H.
Vancouver, WA
I remember when I was in my early teens (even before I could vote) watching Rock the Vote of MTV. I remember see Clinton before he was President, have a town hall like event. I was amazed to see all those young people caring about our government. I am in my mid 30's now and still have memories of Rock the Vote. I think its great way to get young people involved.
Jennifer M.
San Jose, CA
I think it's so important that young people have a source to go to when it comes to voting. If my dad hadn't been so adamant on me registering to vote and going down to the polls each time it was voting day, I wouldn't even know what to do. I'm glad there is a source like Rock the Vote who teaches young people how to register, how to vote, and how important it is.
Angelique D.
Oakland Park, FL
Have you registered, or plan on registering yet?
Heather C.
Alpharetta, GA
What issues are most important to you?
Casey E.
Inez, KY
Do you think your vote had an impact on the election?
If you chose not to vote last election, why did you abstain?
Sarah S.
Philadelphia, PA
Have you been to any Rock the Vote events?