Roc Nation Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 [Clean]

by Roc Nation

Personnel: K. Briscoe, Luke Steele (vocals); Kevin Randolph, Jeff Bhasker (keyboards).Audio Mixer: Chris Godbey. Recording information: Avex Honolulu Studio, HI; Kingdom Studios; Lava Studios, Cleveland, OH; Midnight Blue Studios, Miami, FL; Oven Studios, New York, NY; Roc The Mic, New York, NY; South Beach Studios, Miami, FL; The Holy Chateau, Perth, Australia; Westlake Studio, Los Angeles, CA. Photographer: Dan Tobin Smith. When Jay-Z first made a series out of his best album, 2001's The Blueprint, it became a game of high expectations. The first volume saw Jay-Z as vital as he'd ever been, storming back to the hardcore after a few years of commercial success. THE BLUEPRINT 2 took a different tack, with guest shots to compliment his sinuous flows. BLUEPRINT 3 is somewhere between the two, closer to the vitality and energy of the original but not without the crossover bids and guest features of the latter. Kanye West is in the producer's chair for seven tracks, and it's clear he was reaching for the same energy level as the original. "What We Talkin' About" begins the album with a wave of surging, oppressive synth, while Jay-Z enumerates (with an intriguing lack of detail) what he's said and what's been said about him, ending with a nod not to the past but the future (and Barack Obama). There's plenty more lyrical violence to come, but most of the targets are much safer than they were eight years earlier (i.e. opening single and smash hit "D.O.A. [Death of Auto Tune]" (railing against the oft-reviled '00s vocal-tweaking phenomenon is not quite as "politically incorrect" as Jay claims through song). Simply put, the production's big-name solid, the rhyming on poing, as Jay-Z becomes more content with his dominance as a rap godfather in 2009.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Roc Nation Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 [Clean]!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I think every song is quality and I believe his old stuff is better than his new stuff!in reviews
Maritza M.
Prosper, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Roc Nation Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 [Clean] by Roc Nation From $5.00 - $13.99 Roc Nation Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 [Clean] by Roc Nation From $5.00 - $13.99
elaina S.
Vineland, NJ
Awesome cd Great colabs Amazing beats Easy to follow Affordable Great label!
Awesome cd Great colabs Amazing beats Easy to follow Affordable Great label!
Hali T.
Cooper City, FL
Old school Jay is the real deal. His lyrics are catchy and can keep you listening for hours on end. I used to have this CD in my car and would listen with my friends all the time. I felt like I was my own rap artist. Future goals to be like the old Jay man!!
Amber K.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Jay-z is amazing. You can always except great things from him. Love this because its appropriate for children to listen too, and you can play it at work, in the stores, etc..
jeneia ..
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
1,207 reviews
I'm not really a fan of jay-z to be honest. I don't like his music or his rapping but there was like one or two songs featuring other artist that I really did like so I bought the cd for that reason so yea
Evangelina P.
Oceanside , CA
1,331 reviews
One of my favorite rappers and a smart business man at that. Recommend you not just hear it but listen to what he is talking about!
Lyndsey B.
Cape Coral, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Jay-Z is my all time, hands down, FAVORITE rapper. This album is bomb. Everything he records is gold. I can't say enough about how much I love his music.
Amanda S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This album is great! The lyrics are extremely catchy! I’ve always been a fan of Jay Z! This is one of his best albums, in my opinion!
Deena T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
His lyrics are awesome. He has come a long way and I agree to his old music was much more better to me than his new music he has out.
Stephanie H.
Denton, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Great artist great music some of his songs seem like they came straight from the heart love this so much

Looking for your answer?