BY RISE RECORDS

Of Mice & Men's sophomore outing treads common waters (a whole lot of screaming, punishing breakdowns, and staccato guitar riffs), but the California-based metalcore quintet's level of intensity, led in part by the expert crooning of clean man (Shayley Bourget) and scream man (former Attack Attack! frontman Austin Carlile), helps keeps The Flood from disappearing into the vast post-hardcore/emo/screamo abyss. Bolstered by a quartet of blistering anthems ("O.C. Loko," "Still Ydg'n," the surprisingly accessible "Purified," and the straightforward nu-metal assault of "Ohioisonfire"), The Flood, despite all of its familiar trappings, manages to breathe (as in forcibly inflate) some new life into the genre. ~ James Christopher Monger see more...

• "Of mice and men has a really good sound." in 2 reviews
  • "There are so many good songs on it." in 1 review
  • "My absolute favorite of mice & men album." in 1 review
  • "It's my favorite so far and I listen to it multiple times a day." in 1 review
Liz M.
Iowa city, IA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
My absolute favorite of mice & men album. Their sound is great, and the lyrics are all so amazing and deep. I really love the variety also because there are a couple songs on this album unlike any of their others. Not a single track that I don't like!
Karsyn B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this album! There are so many good songs on it. Plus, they're so, so good live. Definitely keep up a lot of energy, perform well, and sound similar live.
Madison A.
Jamestown, KY
Words cannot describe the feels I get when I listen to this CD. It's just great. I have listened to this band since I was in 6th grade and I'm not in college.
Maria B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love of mice and men, this album didn't disappoint. I love the songs and the powerful lyrics. I saw the band live and they are such amazing performers.
Jackie B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
They are amazing and have literally just shot up with tons of fame with their latest album. They are genuine people and they make amazing music.
Allyson W.
Miamisburg, OH
I have nothing but amazing things to say about this album. It's my favorite so far and I listen to it multiple times a day.
Julie F.
Wenonah, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Amazing omfg. Iove this band and everything about it. Their music is very pure and angry but has definite substance.
Megan M.
Palm Coast, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I absolutely love this album. Although it sounds different from their normal stuff, I'm pleased.
Hallie C.
Satellite Beach, FL
One of my favorite albums by them, they have such a wide range of sound in this
Mirna M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This overall is such a great album and each song speaks such powerful lyrics