BY RING OF KERRY #2 in Travel

Dinah B.
Windsor
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Ah, the ROK!  What a delightful day I had driving the ring.  I was in Ireland with some friends at the end of July 2017.  We drove the ROK one day.  We drove counter-clockwise to avoid meeting tour busses.  Most of our day was spent driving the Skellig Ring off the ROK.  The road was lined with beautiful flowers, the scenery was breathtaking around each corner.  I highly recommend this drive.  Take time to stop and explore.  It is a highlight of any Ireland trip.  I will post pics.
Kate J.
Springdale , AR
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Ring of Kerry was the highlight of my Ireland trip.  It's insanely beautiful and parts of it actually remind me of the Caribbean (St. John area) but with the lush Irish landscape.  People are very friendly.  Sheep on the countrysides are idyllic.  Loved it.
Amy H.
Wichita, KS
After my trip to Ireland in early 2000's, the one place I mentally return to time and again is the drive along the Ring of Kerry. The area is absolutely gorgeous. The drive along the coast is among the best scenic drives that I've ever been on.
Kelsey M.
Wilmington, NC
The Ring of Kerry was a nice stop along our way, but the scenery is what makes this an A! If you find yourself with good weather on your side, the views are spectacular. I highly recommend this as part of your trip. The roads are very tiny, but as the Irish say, "Americans drive on the right, Europeans drive on the left, and the Irish drive in the center." That statement can't be any more true. We had a driver luckily, and it was certainly worth it.
Shana C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
If you like to tackle a lot of miles in one day and make popular stops along the way then this should be on your bucket list. The people are full of joy, the food will make your soul sing and the memories will last a lifetime.
Emma G.
Temecula, CA
I just traveled to the Ring of Kerry this summer. My new favorite place on earth. It's beautiful and everything around you has so much history. It's a must if you're going to Ireland!
Megan W.
Studio City, CA
I'm currently living in Ireland for a few months and the Ring is a must do! Some if the best views and scenery I've ever seen, not to mention the hundreds of sheep :)
Carrie s.
Duluth, GA
This is such a beautiful area of Ireland. I had a good tour guide who also shared some of the history.

It can be foggy which may limit photo opportunities---or even worse, rainy.
Jackie C.
Winter Garden, FL
I have been to the Ring of Kerry two times and now and enjoyed both trips. It is a beautiful drive and the people are super friendly. A definite must do if you are in the region!
lisa c.
Jackson, NJ
This was an amazing site that I was privileged to go to when I was in Ireland. The roads were narrow, and windy but the sites were amazing!
Tammy L.
Elk Point , AB
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Where is this place?
Kendra J.
Locals: other things to check out?