8 colors available

BY RIMMEL LONDON #69 in Liquid Foundation

Rebecca J.
Rebecca J.
Shepherdsvlle, KY
I received this product complimentary from Influenster in the Rimmel London Stay Matte VoxBox.

I don't normally use this type of foundation. Never used a mousse before. I've always used regular liquid foundation (covergirl). I like this foundation because it felt light on my face and I didn't have to use a whole lot to get good coverage. It blends well, and matches my skin tone. It was actually kind of thick, even though it felt light on my face. I applied it with my fingers because I don't have any type of foundation brush. I may try using sponges next time, though. I didn't need to use a lot--a little goes a long way! My only issue with it is that after a couple hours, I got shiny. I applied a little bit of powder, and that helpled, but I wouldn't recommend applying more foundation because it could get cakey. The bottle sort of reminds me of lotion, or face wash, but not so much foundation. Overall, a good product. I give it an A.
Sara B.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Review for: 103 True Ivory
So I purchased the Rimmel London Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation a few days ago for $4.99! I didn't have very high expectations just due to the fact that it was so inexpensive! Well oh my gosh was I wrong! It is absolutely amazing! I am normally super oily and my foundation tend to separate on me or slide off my face as the day goes on! This foundation came out of the tube super thick so I was worried it would look cakey on me. I was wrong again! Not only did it go on effortlessly but it also filled in my pores and fine lines! It stayed matte all day! Zero shine! As well it didn't budge! I can honestly say that I like this foundation better than my numerous higher end foundations! I used to be in love with the URban Decay All Nighter foundation. Not no more! If you are oily and need an awesome foundation give this one a try! You will be surprised!
Kayleigh J.
Kayleigh J.
This foundation is FANTASTIC for sensitive oily skin! It is full-coverage and extremely light and flawless on the skin. The range of colors for lighter skin tones is perfect! Being extremely pale, they are one of the only drugstore foundation lines that carry a Porcelain shade that complements people with pink, blue, or yellow undertones. The foundation also works well when using makeup sponges, beauty-blenders, and even foundation brushes. Although the bottle size is on the smaller side, a little goes a long way! I only have to use a pea sized amount on my Real Techniques beauty sponge to cover my entire face and still get full coverage! Not to mention, this foundation is extremely affordable! I cannot say enough good things about this foundation! 5/5!
Kayla S.
Kayla S.
Chilliwack, BC
Review for: 100 Ivory
First things first I hated how to ivory was not a true ivory skin tone! Was to dark and pink toned for me...it applied ok but once dried down it looked super cakey and cracked on my skin with in minutes...wasn't impressed at all.
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Norwalk, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
Not one of my favorites. It makes my skin look orange which is not a look I'm going for in a bb cream. Its light coverage but buildable.
Britany P.
Britany P.
Clarksville, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this foundation as my main base in my daily routine for almost a year now. I switch between light ivory and ivory depending on how much sun I've been in, but I don't really tan too much so ivory is the best shade and sometimes I use the light ivory around my eyes for a brighter look. I really love the tube packaging because it keeps the product from coming in contact with germs & bacteria that could degrade the ingredients. The consistency is really thick, but still kind of bouncy like the whipped name suggests. A little goes a long way and I find this applies best with a beauty blender type sponge, dry for heavier coverage, damp for more sheer look. This stuff is great also because it pretty much eliminates my need for concealer, and doubles as one if I do need it. Using the pointy end of a blender sponge, you can dab this stuff onto blemishes or dark spots and it blends right in. It stays matte for a decent amount of time depending on how hot/humid it is, or how sweaty I get. I typically set it with a light dusting of the Stay Matte powder and use that throughout the day for touchups if I find my T-zone oilyness peaking through.
Clarissa M.
Clarissa M.
Plant City, FL
Review for: 091 Light Ivory
While this is an amazing foundation it didn't work as well as I wanted for my skin type. I have acne prone combination skin. It looked amazing it spots and clung to my dry skin in others. Even after I moisturized.

This has medium coverage. While it does down play blemishes it doesn't cover them totally.

It did wear all day and I was pleasantly surprised by that.
Samantha H.
Samantha H.
Corp Christi, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I buy a lot of foundations hoping that they will achieve a nice full coverage matte finish. I've tried luxury brands like Dior, Lancôme, and Kat Von D but they always left my face feeling heavy and dry. This stuff (I guess because of the mousse) really feels velvety during application and it doesn't feel heavy. I compare this to the coverage of Kat Von D lock it foundation, just without all of the dryness. It is a big hit for Rimmel London, and I would highly recommend that you try this.

*I received this for free in my Rimmel London Vox Box*
Bailey R.
Bailey R.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: Other
I tried the Rimmel London Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation. I hear a lot of negative things about this foundation; a lot of people were telling me that it looked too cakey, it really defined their pores, and it was way too thick. Needless to say, I was nervous about trying this foundation out. I got this in the color Fair Ivory. I was worried this would be too light, but it actually fit my skin color very well. When I first squeezed some of this out of the tube on to my hand, I was shook at how thick it was. It is a mousse foundation, though, so it makes sense that it has a the density of mousse.  I spread some out on my face with a brush and then started blending with a sponge. I immediately realized that this product does not blend well with a sponge, it’s just way too thick for that. So, not to be deterred despite my fear of how this would turn out, I grabbed my trusty e.l.f. cosmetics foundation buffing brush and got to work. Using the brush was much easier, the foundation blended out beautifully with the brush. It’s a full coverage foundation, which I really like. This foundation looked is very light on my skin, I can’t even feel it at all. It’s also very smooth and soft. It controlled my oil all day, especially on my nose. I didn’t think that it accentuated my pores in anyway, in fact my pores look almost non-existent. I have a lot of texture on my nose and my cheeks right next to my nose, it’s something I pretty self-conscious of, and the Stay Matte foundation helped hide that very well. It’s not completely invisible, obviously, but it’s mush less obvious. Overall, I really like this foundation, I think I will use it quite a bit. Everyone is different, though, so what works for me may not work for you. I know that this one hasn’t worked for everyone, but I know it also worked for others. My only suggestion is to test it out. It’s not expensive, and if it doesn’t work for you then you can always return it to the store you bought it from. I love how full the coverage is and how soft it is on my skin. So if you are looking for a fuller coverage matte foundation, then try out the Rimmel London Stay Matte foundation.
Anjanette H.
Anjanette H.
Suffolk, VA
Disclaimer: I have very oily skin and have struggled with acne for years. I've been using this foundation for years (with no issues, might I add) and every time I take a break from it to try something new and more expensive I kick myself in the butt. Why buy a $40 foundation that doesn't cover all I want and makes me oily throughout the day and waste more money on powders to keep blotting all day when I can buy a $5 foundation that lasts me forever and doesn't need one touch up at all after I set with powder once!? I'm in the military and work 10-13 hours days and this foundation is a real trooper. I feel like a porcelain doll all day and it's not cakey at all. Some say it's medium coverage but I feel it's more of a full coverage because when I wear this I don't even need to put on concealer it covers all my trouble spots up so well. A little goes a long way though and if you build up too much it could go terribly. One layer is all you need! With a little setting powder you're set!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.