BY RIMMEL LONDON #80 in Liquid Foundation

• How is the coverage?1 Answers
  • I am looking for a foundation for my oily skin, I have not seem t...3 Answers
Anjanette H.
Suffolk, VA
Disclaimer: I have very oily skin and have struggled with acne for years. I've been using this foundation for years (with no issues, might I add) and every time I take a break from it to try something new and more expensive I kick myself in the butt. Why buy a $40 foundation that doesn't cover all I want and makes me oily throughout the day and waste more money on powders to keep blotting all day when I can buy a $5 foundation that lasts me forever and doesn't need one touch up at all after I set with powder once!? I'm in the military and work 10-13 hours days and this foundation is a real trooper. I feel like a porcelain doll all day and it's not cakey at all. Some say it's medium coverage but I feel it's more of a full coverage because when I wear this I don't even need to put on concealer it covers all my trouble spots up so well. A little goes a long way though and if you build up too much it could go terribly. One layer is all you need! With a little setting powder you're set!
olivia v.
PROS
Blends Well
Easy To Apply
Goes On Smoothly
Good Pigmentation
Lightweight
Long-Lasting
Matte Finish
Noncomodegenic
CONS
BEST USES
Acne-Prone or Oily Skin
Full Coverage
Light To Medium Coverage
Sensitive Skin

I never review anything, but I just had to because I love this foundation! I used the primer, the foundation, and the powder together and they work great! The people who said it was cakey or hard to apply must not have been using a brush to apply it. One little drop of this stuff is enough to cover the whole face. It is very easy to apply and blends well. I love how lightweight and fluffy it is. It's so different than any other foundation I've used. My face doesn't look cakey at all. I have extremely oily skin and have never been able to find a good foundation, until now. Usually when I wear foundation, my face starts to look oily within the fist hour and with this stay matte line it doesn't! I'm amazed! I will definitely continue to buy these products.
Liz R.
If you are like me and are a person with large pores, this product is definitely not for you. When I tested this product on the back of my hand in the store I was in love. The creamy mousse texture was to die for! It was so thick yet light and airy while also having a smooth matte finish. When I tried to actually use it on my face, however it was just too dry. It smeared in streaks and was way too thick and cakey. The pores on my nose actually looked like white polka dots as the foundation filled right in to the pores. I have never had this happen and I even used a pore filling/minimizing primer. I then thought what if I mix it with either a tinted bb cream or a liquid foundation to make it wetter and it still streaked on my temples and made my pores look ghastly. Maybe if you have less problematic skin this could be for you, but this is totally a regrettable purchase for me.
Sydney D.
Sebring, FL
For a cheaper foundation, this one is alright. I'm just not very impressed with its performance. It claims that it is a matte foundation, this is definitely true! Your face has no kind of shine to it at all once you apply this product. So from that standpoint, this product does what it claims. However, I had a really hard time with my pores being magnified once I put this foundation on my face. I even used a primer in my t-zone underneath the foundation, but it did nothing... I had foundation colored dots all over my nose and forehead. :/ I also wanted to touch on the formula of this product. It is VERY thick! When they say mousse foundation, they mean you squeeze it out onto your finger/brush and you can flip it upside down and it won't budge. So be prepared to work very fast when you get ready to apply this foundation.
Gina G.
Review for: 203 True Beige
I have mildly oily skin, so I thought this would be perfect. It's inexpensive, and the mousse-like texture felt really light when I tested it with my fingers. Once I actually applied it in my face, though, I was kind of disappointed. I've tried applying it with both a buffing foundation brush as well as a beauty blender, and the results are always the same - the coverage is pretty good, but it sits on my skin in a weird way, and looks really cakey and dry. It's definitely matte, but maybe too much so. It doesn't look very natural. Maybe if you have super, super oily skin this might be good, but it's not for me. On the bright side, the coordinating Stay Matte powder that I bought to go along with it is amazing, and I've continued to use that every day! Get the powder, skip this foundation!
Naddyn A.
Bronx, NY
I do enjoy this foundation . Ive heard and read great reviews about this but i do always keep in mind that all skin tones are different and that all products work differently. I use this more like an everyday application because it leaves such a natural look and makes my skin tone look great. ( Although I prefer to save my fave matte foundation for dates and events) But it does not minimize my pores as much as my other products do( which is no big deal) and it covers light blemishes.But! Rimmel London also carry other products to compromise with.Such as the Stay Matte powder which is a product I cannot wait to test out and review next and most likely apply it with this foundation . Which I'm sure I will not be disappointed by because this brand really carries great products that I enjoy .
Mary M.
I was excited about trying this foundation but I was disappointed. The foundation promises a lightweight finish, but I found it to be heavy and cakey, even after one layer. I have acne and hyperpigmentation, so I was glad to see that it covered up some of that redness, but it seemed to really exaggerate pimples. I also have oily skin and when i set this with powder (which you have to do with this), it almost seemed too matte so my skin looked dull and almost dry. It wasn't very long wearing either. The color selection at the store was also very small and didn't seem to go up to deeper tones. I would only really suggest this if you don't have many blemishes to cover, have oil slick skin, and don't mind a heavy foundation.
Ashley C.
Sterling Hts, MI
I own the shade 200 in Soft Beige. I love this foundation because I put it on as a liquid and it turns into a nice matte texture after application. I like this because usually liquid foundations make my face look too greasy and caked on, while powders make my face look to dry and powdery. This foundation seems to be the only one that works for my skin type and it's the only one I've been using for the past year or so. The only thing I wish is that it came in more shades. I have tried a couple and this is the closest one to my skin tone but it's still just a tad too light. I have olive skin and it's VERY hard for me to find shades that compliment that. I find that most of them make me look orange or too white.
Laura P.
Mt Sterling, KY
This is my new favorite foundation. I had previously been exclusively using Urban Decay makeup for foundation and powder. I was originally sent this foundation in a VoxBox and tossed it in my bag for emergencies when I ran out of my normal (which never happened). I moved to a new town that did not have a makeup store and one day I did run out. I pulled this foundation out of my bag and have been using it ever since. It covers so well and fully but feels very light on my skin. It does a great job of covering acne scars which is a must for me. I would highly recommend it to everyone! They don't have many colors but I am very fair skinned so that is a non-issue for me.
Kelly L.
Mt Sterling, KY
I have never used a Rimmel product before but I found a coupon on Ibotta so I decided to try it. I'm so glad I did! I'm in love with this foundation and it covers just as well as my $40 Becca foundation! I'm always looking for a full coverage, matte foundation and this is it. Matches my skin tone perfectly. It's kind of thick, but I like that. In my opinion it brushes on more evenly than my Becca and it doesn't even look like I have makeup on--just flawless skin. I have a small dark spot that nothing covers, but with my new foundation only I would notice it. I highly recommend this and I plan to get some more products in this line to try.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.