4 beauty looks for NYE & beyond
8 varieties available
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
3.89 / 5 based on 4,157 Reviews
Rimmel London is bringing you new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that’s comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.see more...
Top Questions See all 400 Q&A
- "This is alright and it does what it says as it's good for oily skin and as other people said it's good at matching skin tones... but I don't like the texture and it's too 'matte' for me." in 168 reviews
- "This is the first full coverage foundation that I have used that doesn't feel heavy to get everything covered and blended." in 98 reviews
- "The only down side is that their are not enough color options the darkest color was sand when I bought this and that is no where near my skin tone." in 91 reviews
- "i loved this foundation it gave me some awesome full coverage and it also felt so light on my face , also a little goes a long way with this product !" in 70 reviews
- "Amazing coverage and does stay on a lot, it lasts quite a long time however there aren't a good range of tones and it leaves your skin feeling quite dry, if you have normal or oily skin then this is a good foundation, do not use if you have dry skin or if you like natural looking foundations, this one is very obvious and thick coated." in 68 reviews
Not many shades to chose from- picked up 2 shades and they blended easily, smooth finish, truly stays matte, coverage is definitely build able, would recommend using the stay matte primer
I have heard great reviews on this, I have never tried this but I want to. I heard that it has great coverage and it isn't heavy
Love this! Great color and coverage. Not greasy or oily. And super smooth. But if you have any dry patches it will show.
This oxidized horrible on my skin. I am very fair and the lightest shade turned orange. However I do have that same problem with many foundations and it could be the chemical properties of my skin rather than the foundation. Besides the oxidation, I didn't like the consistency. It was very thick, more whipped. I do think this is a dry skin no no. It clung to my patches terribly.
If you have any skin discoloration then this is not the product for you. The coverage is not impressive but it goes a long way to eliminate shine!
I've seen so many people rave about this foundation. It's suppose to be light and help with controlling oil. However I think the complete opposite! I wanted to see if the hype was real so I tried it instantly. The formula is very thick and I mean thick! AND it looks extremely cakey, cakey to the point where you know when you smile you get those smile wrinkles? Well it made those lines so dang noticeable. I felt like it aged my face. Not to mention my face was an oily mess. The only thing I like about it was the shade. I got the lightest shade and it was perfect. But that's it.
When I first purchased this product, I didn't like the way it applied and how heavy the coverage was. But I retried this product with a damp Beauty Blender, which really helped in sheering out the foundation and avoiding a cakey look. The foundation is a moussey consistency, but it's not light or airy. It does help me to stay matte for longer.
Not good for dry skin! Very thick!! Very irritating! Looks cakey! Hard to blend in. Feels very heavy!
I absolutely love this! I have oily skin and this is the perfect foundation for it! It almost feels more like a mousse but it is awesome! Would recommend it to anyone with oily skin! And it's very affordable!
Pros: goes on smooth, not greasy, great price cons: causes breakouts, not good for dry skin.
Q & A
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
I've been wanting to try this foundation.. but I'm wondering if it's full coverage?
I love Rimmel products how does this foundation feel? Is it truly matte for awhile and how long does it last?
Is this product worth it's cost? I wonder if it will go a long way for someone who uses makeup every day.
I've never tried this. How is it? Yes or no? How has your experience been with this product?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos