BY RIMMEL LONDON #96 in Liquid Foundation

• How is the coverage?1 Answers
  • I am looking for a foundation for my oily skin, I have not seem t...3 Answers
Ginny R.
Review for: 200 Soft Beige, 091 Light Ivory
I really want to like this foundation. But I dont. I don't have overly oily skin, my cheeks can get a little dry, and I for sure need a poor minimizing moisturizer for my nose.
So basically, I would put this on in the morning, followed up with the Stay Matte powder, maybe some bronzer, and it would look really good. But by the end of the day it had separated and was patchy and would settle in my pores. I dont even know what was going on, but it looks terrible. This is definitely not something I can wear for every day use - I might keep it around for an time when I only want to wear makeup for a few hours (date night?).
I will give it three stars for keeping me matte all day.
Veronica B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a good foundation for the price you're paying. It definitely goes on matte and has really nice coverage. I feel like it can get pretty heavy if you don't blend it in well. I also noticed it creases easily throughout the day, even though I used a powder to set it. This definitely keeps shine away longer than some other foundations I've tried, so that was a plus but I felt like when I wore this I didn't want to touch my face at all because I didn't want to mess up the foundation. Even though I was using a primer and setting powder I was still worried about it smudging. If you need to budget then give this a try definitely, otherwise there are definitely better options. :)
Amanda L.
I bought this foundation on a whim, not expecting very much. It was cheap, and I needed a new foundation. The lightest shade is a great match for my super pale olive skintone. It's maybe a tiny bit on the warm side, but it's such a slight pinky tone, that it works. The formula is very thick, but a little goes a long way. It's better applied with a sponge. This doesn't cling to my dry patches, and it doesn't make me even more oily. It's full enough to cover uneven skin tone, light pigmentation, and acne, but not so full that everything disappears entirely, which I like. The finish is definitely matte. It's important to set it with a powder that works best for you, because I've noticed that some powders bring out dry patches, where the foundation did not. It does get a tiny bit cakey after a few hours.
Ellyn M.
Detroit, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Yes baby yes.  This is inexpensive and works well for brown girls like myself.  Application matters though. It works best if applied with a brush with a stippling motion.  I applied on top of their primer, which is more like a lotion.  I feel like I get some oil production because their lotion is not silicone based.  It's great for the price, it wears well and feels extremely light.  You'd have no idea that this was so inexpensive. You can also apply with your fingers. Give this a try if you're wanting to pit it against more expensive brands.  I do not think that you will be disappointed.
Iambaileyrae
Great foundation that has great staying power. If you put too much on it can look cakey and requires just a little for plenty of coverage. Easy to apply and blend, not too heavy.
Adriana G.
Miami , FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
i've tried this foundation and i don't like it too much, i mean, i think it has its pros and cons, the foundation has high coverage , and it does control oils and shine, moreover, a point in favor on it is that isn't necessary use any powder because it is matte, although, the finish is weighed and it doesn't look nothing natural I'm a very huge fan of Rimmel London, that's why i decided to buy and try this foundation, but actually it didn't reach my expectations
Safire P.
Elkhart, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
When I first bought this I was in love. It really is a full coverage foundation however it did highlight a decent amount of texture I had and was trying to get rid of. It was a very thick consistency and honestly the only way I was able to get it on my face was with my fingers. A beauty blender just moved it around. I have since the. Starting trying other foundations and I don't see myself coming back to this foundation. I will say that it is good Matte though. A deff plus for me.
Julia A.
CHAPMANVILLE, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay so when I first tried it in the store I immediately was in love with the way it felt. I was just so lightweight but once I got home and put it in my face it just looked terrible. It creased in every little line and just so streaky. I have to go back over with my beauty blender to make it look decent. It just all around looks weird in my skin. It looks blotchy and cakey. You can see all of my pores. It also makes my face look super dry for some reason. It doesn't cover anything that well either. I have oily acne prone skin. It makes my under eye area look like 50 years old when I'm 23. I just do not recommend this foundation.
Clarissa M.
Plant city , FL
Review for: 091 Light Ivory
While this is an amazing foundation it didn't work as well as I wanted for my skin type. I have acne prone combination skin. It looked amazing it spots and clung to my dry skin in others. Even after I moisturized.

This has medium coverage. While it does down play blemishes it doesn't cover them totally.

It did wear all day and I was pleasantly surprised by that.
Shena H.
Birchwood, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
By far my absolute favorite foundation! The coverage is simply amazing! I have very oily acne prone skin & this has done wonders on my face. It's long lasting alone but I like to use the Rimmel primer with it. I have even tried a MUCH more expensive brand that people have been calling "magic" but it came no where close to as good on coverage than this so I returned the expensive stuff.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.