BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• How is the coverage?1 Answers
  • I am looking for a foundation for my oily skin, I have not seem t...3 Answers
Jewels G.
Review for: Other
This literally did nothing for me. And the shade range is crazy. It didn't stay matte and left me looking like a oil spill. It is easy to apply and the price is good but I would never purchase this foundation again. Nope!
Holly M.
Taylor Mill, KY
Review for: 100 Ivory
I have used this stay matte mouse foundation a few times. I have bought it 2 times in the last year. It was a little too heavy for me. It is good for combination skin. It is pretty easy to blend out.
Shelby T.
Eagle River, AK
If you wanna look like you're fresh out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show... be my guest and purchase this. Otherwise... if you're in the makeup aisle, STEER CLEAR OF THIS.

I have combination skin and this was HORRIBLE. It claims to be moussey... ha. This is like opening a can of refried beans and slathering it all over your face.

I wanted to love this product because Rimmel has quite a few knock your socks off products but this one was a flop.

I tried a damp beauty blender, a knockoff damp beauty blender, and 3 different flat top kabuki brushes. All tools I swear by and are my tried and true. Not a single one could make this work. It picks up on every dry patch. It sinks down into pores and makes them look like craters... and my lanta let's not mention that you age about 30 years wearing this. It takes fine lines and makes them look like the Grand Canyon was picked up from Arizona and dropped directly on your face.

My suggestion: hard pass, fam. You can get much better foundation for the same price or a dollar or so more.
Alissa S.
Van Buren , AR
This is the first one star review I've given..But this is by far one of the worst foundations I've tried. It may just be my skin but it was awful. The color looked orange quickly after applying, it didn't blend well and it was super thick and terrible. I'm a freelance makeup artist so I try to keep an open mind and try new things but this one will never touch my face again. Usually I really like Rimmel products. If you are looking for a good drugstore foundation, I highly suggest Revlon colorstay.
Kimberly R.
Mission, TX
Review for: Sand
I love love love this product! It actually is matte and it makes your face look smooth. It looks really nice when you put it on and it is long lasting. I would definitely buy it again.
Lauren D.
Review for: 200 Soft Beige
I love the mousse texture of this foundation. It is matte and has very good coverage. This lasts all day with a primer and a powder over it. I love It! I always keep repurchasing this.
Meg S.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a pretty neat product. It's a full coverage foundation that feels surprisingly lightweight and costs less than $10. There really isn't much to complain about. I have combination skin, and live in a humid climate. The only separation that I ever notice with this foundation is on the bridge of my nose, so that alone could be causing the separation. I'm pasty as heck and have neutralish-pink undertones, and find that the light ivory is a pretty good match to my actual skin.

A few things to be aware of:

If you have dry skin patches, I would definitely mix in some kind of moisturizer when applying the product. The foundation definitely will cling to flakes if you have them. That's to be expected with a mattifying face product, though. A moisturizing primer also helps.

Alsooo, this product sets super fast. I've tried applying with a beauty blender, a brush, and my hand. Any way you apply it, you have to work quickly. Fortunately it layers well -- but still something worth noting.
Sianna W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
(Disclaimer: I'm not a beauty guru and I'm in no way a professional so take this review lightly) This foundation reminds me of Born This Way by Too Faced, not what I was looking forward to, but not bad. The products are very similar in how smooth it sits on the skin, feels like you're not wearing anything, and I'd say if you don't want to splurge on a $40 foundation that you might not really like, I'd say go for this instead (costs about $5). That being said, it's definitely not one of the best drugstore foundations I've used and has qualities that definitely make sense on why it's a drugstore foundation. I like the smooth texture, how easy it is to blend, and how it looks at first, however over a bit of time it begins to settle into lines and pores making them more noticeable. Also I've noticed that the shade of the foundation becomes lighter once blended into the skin, so be sure to buy a darker shade, and also, make sure you use a moisturizer and primer before applying.
BJ W.
Bristol, VA
Review for: 103 True Ivory
For a drugstore foundation, this is pretty good. It does have full coverage and feels ok on the skin. It does help with the shine as well. However, it seems to cake heavily on me. I have combination skin. My around the nose area is really dry and this is where the product cakes the most on me. It looks like it is cracking on me somewhat. If you have oily skin, I could see this being a pretty good product to work with. However, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with combo or dry skin.
Destiny A.
Review for: 103 True Ivory
Works really well except for around my lines around my mouth it makes them bold so I mix this with my elf foundation. It's really creamy and a little dark for my skin tone.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.