BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• I've been on the search for a affordable and good foundation for...2 Answers
Shelby T.
Shelby T.
Eagle River, AK
If you wanna look like you're fresh out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show... be my guest and purchase this. Otherwise... if you're in the makeup aisle, STEER CLEAR OF THIS.

I have combination skin and this was HORRIBLE. It claims to be moussey... ha. This is like opening a can of refried beans and slathering it all over your face.

I wanted to love this product because Rimmel has quite a few knock your socks off products but this one was a flop.

I tried a damp beauty blender, a knockoff damp beauty blender, and 3 different flat top kabuki brushes. All tools I swear by and are my tried and true. Not a single one could make this work. It picks up on every dry patch. It sinks down into pores and makes them look like craters... and my lanta let's not mention that you age about 30 years wearing this. It takes fine lines and makes them look like the Grand Canyon was picked up from Arizona and dropped directly on your face.

My suggestion: hard pass, fam. You can get much better foundation for the same price or a dollar or so more.
Alissa S.
Alissa S.
Van Buren , AR
This is the first one star review I've given..But this is by far one of the worst foundations I've tried. It may just be my skin but it was awful. The color looked orange quickly after applying, it didn't blend well and it was super thick and terrible. I'm a freelance makeup artist so I try to keep an open mind and try new things but this one will never touch my face again. Usually I really like Rimmel products. If you are looking for a good drugstore foundation, I highly suggest Revlon colorstay.
Sianna W.
Sianna W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
(Disclaimer: I'm not a beauty guru and I'm in no way a professional so take this review lightly) This foundation reminds me of Born This Way by Too Faced, not what I was looking forward to, but not bad. The products are very similar in how smooth it sits on the skin, feels like you're not wearing anything, and I'd say if you don't want to splurge on a $40 foundation that you might not really like, I'd say go for this instead (costs about $5). That being said, it's definitely not one of the best drugstore foundations I've used and has qualities that definitely make sense on why it's a drugstore foundation. I like the smooth texture, how easy it is to blend, and how it looks at first, however over a bit of time it begins to settle into lines and pores making them more noticeable. Also I've noticed that the shade of the foundation becomes lighter once blended into the skin, so be sure to buy a darker shade, and also, make sure you use a moisturizer and primer before applying.
Meg S.
Meg S.
Orlando, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a pretty neat product. It's a full coverage foundation that feels surprisingly lightweight and costs less than $10. There really isn't much to complain about. I have combination skin, and live in a humid climate. The only separation that I ever notice with this foundation is on the bridge of my nose, so that alone could be causing the separation. I'm pasty as heck and have neutralish-pink undertones, and find that the light ivory is a pretty good match to my actual skin.

A few things to be aware of:

If you have dry skin patches, I would definitely mix in some kind of moisturizer when applying the product. The foundation definitely will cling to flakes if you have them. That's to be expected with a mattifying face product, though. A moisturizing primer also helps.

Alsooo, this product sets super fast. I've tried applying with a beauty blender, a brush, and my hand. Any way you apply it, you have to work quickly. Fortunately it layers well -- but still something worth noting.
BJ W.
BJ W.
Bristol, VA
Review for: 103 True Ivory
For a drugstore foundation, this is pretty good. It does have full coverage and feels ok on the skin. It does help with the shine as well. However, it seems to cake heavily on me. I have combination skin. My around the nose area is really dry and this is where the product cakes the most on me. It looks like it is cracking on me somewhat. If you have oily skin, I could see this being a pretty good product to work with. However, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with combo or dry skin.
Alyssa D.
Alyssa D.
Raleigh, NC
For the price, this is a pretty good foundation. It has fairly good coverage and still looks decent on days where I don't want to do a full face of makeup with concealer and all. If you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend this product as it makes the dry spots on your face more noticeable. It is great for everyday use and easy to apply. The name is definitely appropriate, it is matte. For me, it boarders on being too matte but I still really enjoy this foundation for the price.
Mary L.
Mary L.
Ivyland, PA
At first I felt this foundation was way to thick and hard to apply. But after my second use, I got the hang of it and now absolutely LOVE this foundation. I need a medium to full coverage and this does the trick. You do need to exfoliate ( weekly ) and I feel using a primer first is a MUST to keep this going on smooth. Plus it blends easier with the primer as well. Just because this is a "cheap" foundation, I believe it does give the more expensive brands a run for their money.
Christie J.
Christie J.
Lewistown, PA
I just got this foundation in the mail.. I have dry skin in my t-zone, and i was really upset because i cant use it at all in that area.. its one of the only foundations i have right now, that has full/medium coverage, and it matches closer that "Fit Me" when it comes to the color.. but it makes my skin a dry flake mess in terms of having any sort of dry skin whatsoever.. I use moisturizers and all kinds of products to try and tone it down, but so far i haven't had any luck at all.. I would recommend it for normal skin or even oily, but dry- definitely not. it looks awesome on the sides of my face and neck, where i dont have dry patches, so i love it for that.. but im still trying to find out how i can make it work for me because i actually like the color and coverage. I found it for a great price on ebay, so i didnt lose much money on it, i just wish i could use it all over.
Valerie D.
Valerie D.

Product: Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

Yes or no: No

Packaging, I loved the feel of the bottle, how it felt matte and silicon like.

How I Use: I dotted it on my face and used a beauty blender, as I always do

Best For:

Worth It? No

Scent:

Appearance
After: At first, when I blend it out with my beauty blender I look nice but throughout the day I started to realize how caked up my face began to look. I also started to realize that it clung to all mt dry spots

Skin Type Best for:

Sensitive skin approved: no

Summary:
Overall,I absolutely hate this foundation. It looks so cakey on the skin. It blends out nicely on its own but when concealers gets added to it, it makes it look so much worse.

Would I Buy Again: no

Would I Recommend: no

Uses: around face
Sara B.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Review for: 103 True Ivory
So I purchased the Rimmel London Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation a few days ago for $4.99! I didn't have very high expectations just due to the fact that it was so inexpensive! Well oh my gosh was I wrong! It is absolutely amazing! I am normally super oily and my foundation tend to separate on me or slide off my face as the day goes on! This foundation came out of the tube super thick so I was worried it would look cakey on me. I was wrong again! Not only did it go on effortlessly but it also filled in my pores and fine lines! It stayed matte all day! Zero shine! As well it didn't budge! I can honestly say that I like this foundation better than my numerous higher end foundations! I used to be in love with the URban Decay All Nighter foundation. Not no more! If you are oily and need an awesome foundation give this one a try! You will be surprised!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.