BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• How is the coverage?1 Answers
  • I've been on the search for a affordable and good foundation for...2 Answers
Anna B.
Anna B.
This is a great affordable matte foundation! Very lightweight! Lasts all day too
Jamie S.
Jamie S.
Des Moines , IA
Shows all of my pores. I would not suggest this for anyone with large pores.
Tasha S.
Tasha S.
Lyndon, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was sort of disappointed when I tried this again after being a huge fan of it when they first released the original. formula several years ago. I think the original formula was smoothr, silkier, and much easier to blend. This formula, unfortunately I just can not bring myself to like. I feel like its heavy, cakes, accentuates my laugh lines and under eye imperfections, I feel like it makes my pores look huge and more noticeable. I think the other formula was much easier to build up to full coverage as well. This formula is quick drying which in some ways can be a great thing but with this formula its not...well for me anyway. I like to have full coverage and with this foundation it's difficult for me to achieve my desired full coverage matte finish because after I get the first layer on this formula is already drying and the way it sets as it dries when you go to add the second layer it looks like you have splotches all over you face...or like you're rocking a cheetah print on your face. Not a big fan of this foundation. I feel like it makes you look even worse when it's hot and humid. I have tried wearing it several different ways and with setting sprays, primers, and good powder.I gave it two stars because the color matched. It also does not have a big selection of colors tho either.... This ones just not for me.
**TIP** This foundation is best applied with the fingers in order to warm the product before application. I would not recommend applying this with a sponge or a brush.
Miranda M.
Miranda M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
After trying this product I feel as if I will never return to using any other cakey liquidy foundation from the past. This stuff is, in simple terms, the bees knees. It's smooth to put on and feels extremely light weight on your skin but the selling point for me with this product was how much coverage it gave me! I'm able to cover up any rednesss or problem areas of my face and not have to worry about breaking out even worse like I would have with a standard liquid foundation.
The best selling points for this product are that it is wonderful for sensitive skin (i have extremely sensitive skin and have never had any unfortunate skin resctions with this makeup) and also its SOOO cheap. Theres no reason not to atleay try it out.
(also they have super pale colors with skin tone pigment for creatures of the darkness like myself who stay sickeningly pale year round)
Martha L.
Martha L.
Brownsville, Texas
I have oily skin. I've used several brands of makeup... both drugstore and high-end brands.

I'm not someone who usually wears makeup that easily, because of the oily skin, it would take less than 20 minutes for my face to get very oily.

I ran out of foundation two weeks ago and this was the perfect time to try another makeup in the quest of finding something that left my skin actually matte.

I saw a couple of reviews of this product... and well... It was way cheaper than expected, and it works way better than other foundations.

Amazingly, this one lasts me a longer time than other foundations, and you don't really need to cake up layers and layers of foundation to get it to cover imperfections.

I will be definitely buying again.
Samantha J.
Samantha J.
River
Love this foundation! If your going for an easy application and a matte finish get this foundation. I have been through so many different foundations and could never find just the right one to do it all such as match my skin tone , give me no dount absoulute coverage , redness, oily or dry , no pore blockage , easliy applied as well as remove from brushes or blenders. Really creates the perfect base for highlighter , bronzer and blush. Blends well with all my correctors and beautifully with my concealer. I have not suffered from any breakouts or irratations and the foundation comes off of your skin very easily with make up remover wipes. It last some what longer than other foundations well for me anyways. I also noticed it comes out of my clothes rather easily to which is a big plus considering im usually really messy and accident prone. Another big plus is when I started using this product I was really broke out a week or two later my acne was gone I dont know if it was the foundation or if it was something else but I used no ance medicine with in those two weeks. Another thing I like about this product is its convienet size it fits easily in my travel an on the go bags and since it works well with all my tools I dont have to carry alot of them with me which is a big space and timesaver . Also alot of the times I dont have to use a setting spray or powder and I can also lay my face against anyone or a pillow and it doesn't leave a face print on them. Also it can out last the summer tempatures if you sweat a lot it still seems to hold up with out getting all oily and runny.! Another big bonus is it applys well over sunscreen so you can avoid getting your face sun burnt and still look flawless. Also covers up winter wind burn so when you walk from the outside to the inside you dont look like you applied a months worth of blush all at once. I would definitley recommend this to anyone its worth the price and size and use you get out of it . It has acceptable packaging and stays fairly clean depending on how and where you store it . Doesnt feel cakey or heavy on your face doesnt feel oily and gross while washing off and again it will not clog your poors. I accidently squeezed to hard on the bottle and squirted a white sundress and tried to get it off with a wash cloth and smeared it So I tossed it in the washer and when it was finished washing then drying the dress came out without a stain I didnt use anything to remove the stain just washed with orginal style gain. It was also easy to clean this foundation out of my brushes and my blender All I used was some rubbing alcohol and some baby shampoo swished my brushes back and fourth in a cup and the foundation came out of my brush the whole cleaning process was pretty much effortless! Also the easy clean up of this foundation is ideal for people in a hurry or have small kids or like me a super messy accident prone type. You will save you self alot of application time and effort . This foundation is the definition of long lasting the longest amount of time ivz wore with out a touch up was from 12pm to 4am without touch ups or setting spray I even wore it to sleep for a few hours. On a more personal level I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes a boat load of skin issues which in all honestly this foundation has worked really well with even the acne I mentioned it pretty much vanished . So I highly reccomend this to anyone looking for a good deal and a good product!

Bailey R.
Bailey R.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: Other
I tried the Rimmel London Stay Matte liquid mousse foundation. I hear a lot of negative things about this foundation; a lot of people were telling me that it looked too cakey, it really defined their pores, and it was way too thick. Needless to say, I was nervous about trying this foundation out. I got this in the color Fair Ivory. I was worried this would be too light, but it actually fit my skin color very well. When I first squeezed some of this out of the tube on to my hand, I was shook at how thick it was. It is a mousse foundation, though, so it makes sense that it has a the density of mousse.  I spread some out on my face with a brush and then started blending with a sponge. I immediately realized that this product does not blend well with a sponge, it’s just way too thick for that. So, not to be deterred despite my fear of how this would turn out, I grabbed my trusty e.l.f. cosmetics foundation buffing brush and got to work. Using the brush was much easier, the foundation blended out beautifully with the brush. It’s a full coverage foundation, which I really like. This foundation looked is very light on my skin, I can’t even feel it at all. It’s also very smooth and soft. It controlled my oil all day, especially on my nose. I didn’t think that it accentuated my pores in anyway, in fact my pores look almost non-existent. I have a lot of texture on my nose and my cheeks right next to my nose, it’s something I pretty self-conscious of, and the Stay Matte foundation helped hide that very well. It’s not completely invisible, obviously, but it’s mush less obvious. Overall, I really like this foundation, I think I will use it quite a bit. Everyone is different, though, so what works for me may not work for you. I know that this one hasn’t worked for everyone, but I know it also worked for others. My only suggestion is to test it out. It’s not expensive, and if it doesn’t work for you then you can always return it to the store you bought it from. I love how full the coverage is and how soft it is on my skin. So if you are looking for a fuller coverage matte foundation, then try out the Rimmel London Stay Matte foundation.
Rachelle M.
Rachelle M.
So let me say when I first wore this I received so many compliments on how great my skin looked. After about 2 weeks I got small bumps on my cheek but didn't think too much of it. My friend who also uses this foundation has been wearing it for over a month and told me she had bumps all over her face and finally realized this product was the only thing she had changed! Since I was getting bumps I immediately threw it away and it took about 2 weeks for my bumps to go away... Hers took 3 months. Needless to say this product might give great results initially but in the long run its not worth sacrificing your skin!!
Bailey F.
Bailey F.
Bossier City, LA
Review for: 103 True Ivory
The good: great pigment, great coverage, great price, GREAT staying power!
The not as good: can look very heavy, cakey, after a long day can settle under eyes. Also tends to have a drying effect if used every day and def magnifies any dryness already there.
Mine came in my voxbox too light in color, so I used it under my Anastasia kit highlight. It gives a GREAT base to build color on. Only negatives are above. Starts to look thick/cakey after a long day. I reach for it when I am going out for a long dinner& drinks, when I need my makeup to last for great pictures. Not so great for everyday
Yesenia F.
Yesenia F.
Hazlehurst, GA
You will love this if you have acne, I think this is the only foundation I have found that gives a really great coverage for bad acne. That being said, a little goes a long way, you can easily make you face really cakey with this because it is so thick. This foundation is great for oily spots, but harsh on dry skin. Also the color selection is very poor and if you have a yellowish undertone to you then you might have a bad time with these, because the have a pinky undertone to them. Besides that I think this does the job and the price is reducoulsy cheap, so I would definitely try this out.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.