BY RIMMEL LONDON

• How is the coverage?1 Answers
  • I am looking for a foundation for my oily skin, I have not seem t...3 Answers
Hannah K.
New Fairfield , CT
When you think mousse, you think a lightweight creamy texture. This is not the texture of this foundation. I have used other "mousse" foundation in the past which have been almost whipped cream like feeling on my face, leaving enough build-able coverage and not leaving my face feeling cakey. But the stay matte mousse foundation is extremely thick and cakey, if you use more then a pea sized amount to cover an area, it's horribly difficult to blend. It covers every imperfection only due to the fact that it's so thick and cakey. I don't like having a face full of heavy makeup, I would rather have breathable makeup that isn't clogging my pores. Not good.
Melissa A.
Grand Jct, CO
I received this complimentary from Influenster to test. Although I chose a color slightly darker than my normal shade, it blended very well and the color difference was unnoticeable! This foundation is incredibly light (like whipped frosting) but provided my full coverage. I actually had a blister underneath my nose following a cold, from blowing my runny nose too much and this foundation covered it completely! (Sorry for being graphic, but it's a testament to how well this covers!) If Influenster still had the option for us to post pictures, I would have done so. I usually wear department store brand foundation which costs me $42 a bottle, but after trying this, I will definitely be making the switch! (in a slightly lighter shade of course!)
Matty B.
I received this product via my Uni Vox Box and was ecstatic when I saw that I had it. I was looking for a matte foundation at the time. I love that you do not have to use too much of it at a time it really spreads quick. It is more of a thick clay mixture and I mix it with my moisturizer and rub it in my face with my hands which personally gives me the best coverage with it and smooths it out a little bit more. I was a little skeptical if the shade I picked on the quiz for the Vox Box would match my skin color and it did! Perfectly! You cant see where my face makeup ends and my actual skin begins on my neck which makes me feel so much more confident with this makeup on.

I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a makeup with a little more coverage than liquid fountain gives you. This foundation is more of a liquid clay for good coverage.
Regina O.
irvine, CA
Did not like this product too much. It applies unevenly and it kind of rubs off into pieces. It wasn't smooth and it looked patchy. It's cheap but it looks cheap on so I wouldn't recommend this
Brittany S.
Athens, TN
I received the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Light Ivory in my #univoxbox complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. I absolutely adore this foundation. This was my FAVORITE thing I got in my #Univoxbox. It I got it in my color, matched my skin perfectly. It didn't cake up, or make me look orange, it blended into my skin perfectly and added great coverage. I'm so excited about this product, THANK YOU, Influenster! I will most definitely be making the switch. #StayMatteSwitch I will be purchasing more of this foundation immediately.
Ashley H.
I was so excited when I opened my Uni Vox Box and saw this little gem sitting in there. Unfortunately, this foundation is not what I had expected. When it comes to my preference in coverage, I usually opt for a sheer foundation. I applied this to my face and noticed it's a bit thick. This isn't a bad thing, but it's just not for me. Once it was completely blended out, I felt it was a bit too heavy. I plan on working with it by mixing it with a moisturizer to see if it can help to sheer it out. This is great for someone who loves medium to full coverage. I will say, this does make your skin look porcelain smooth and will cover any dark circles, spots, or blemishes you want to hide. Also can be perfect for photographic purposes.

DISCLAIMER: I received my Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation courtesy of Influenster for testing and reviewing purposes.
Joanna S.
Aurora
Wouldn't purchase this again. The color range is not for me. It was either to pink or too dark. Was too cakey but was full coverage. It did transfer easily and wasn't the best to build up.
Holly N.
The Colony, TX
Love love love this mouse! I've been using it for a few years off and on and keep coming back to it because there's no other drugstore product that provides an all-in-one coverage like this one. As mentioned in previous reviews, it doesn't sit well with dry spots, but I find that if I exfoliate with a towel or rotating brush in the morning and apply an oil-free moisturizer before using this, I rarely need anything else to provide coverage. I'll apply a few secondary dots where I have blemishes and that does the trick. I typically set it with Rimmel Stay Matte powder and Elf setting spray and I'm good to go, with no shine for the rest of the day!
Laurie R.
This foundation has a very thick texture. It says it's a "mousse" but it's more like a very thick cream. It doesn't have the airy texture of a mousse product. The coverage is very good but it's quite hard to blend.
Brianne D.
Montgomery, MI
This is my favorite foundation!!! It covers nicely and is the perfect consistency! It doesn't look cakey like most foundations tend to when they are a fuller coverage. And this matte foundation keeps me oil free all day!!!
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.