BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• I've been on the search for a affordable and good foundation for...2 Answers
India J.
India J.
Edwardsburg, Mi
I would rather cover my face in dirt. It made me look pasty and was just awful. I comes in 50 shades of beige so it didn't match my skin because I'm caramel colored and I guess thats considered too dark to have a shade match. Fail. I do not recommend.
Alexis L.
Alexis L.
I have fair skin and it's hard to find a good match as far as foundation goes. This is a good match for me, but I looked lighter because of how thick it is. A little goes a VERY long way. I ended up having to wipe half of it off to make myself look normal again. It certainly covers well, though! It does not, however, stay matte, as the name suggests. Make sure you carry a compact powder if you use it if your skin has a tendency to get oily over the course of the day.
aimee g.
aimee g.
Manchester, ['', '', 'County (optional)']
This foundation is the one that I use everyday and have done for the past year. It one of the best 'drugstore' foundations out at the minute..l have an oily tzone and find It hard to find a foundation that stays matte all day. This does exactly that, I pop a little bit of translucent powder over the top and it stays perfect all day. One of my friends has dry skin and this foundation works perfectly for her as well, it doesn't make any dry spots appear to visable. I wear the colour 100 Ivory which has a pink undertone and matches my skin perfectly. The coverage is great, definitely full coverage and I also like how it is in a squeezey tube type packaging instead of a glass bottle like some of the other foundations that rimmel do as you waste less product with the stay matte packaging. For £5.99 I cannot fault it one bit. Definitely a must buy!
Stefani M.
Stefani M.
I am still searching for the perfect matte foundation for my oily skin. I bought this because I read a lot of great reviews from different makeup artists and blogs and also because I like trying new products. It was cheap so I thought I would give it a try. It's a bit heavy, like you can feel it sitting on your skin. However it does look matte... for a short period of time. Now, I don't know if it's just my skin, but if the weather is hot my oils break out instantly, so you can't wear it without a powder on top. I also was disapointed with the color range. The first shade was too light for me and the second a bit dark, but I bought it anyways. I plan on wearing it when I'm more tanner. To sum up: ◽PROS: great price, well known brand, makes skin very smooth ◽CONS: makes skin matte but doesn't keep it, a bit of heavyweight, color range 👍 3.5/5
Kathy J.
Kathy J.
I bought this in the colour 201 classic beige thinking that this would be an okay colour, the packaging makes it hard to try and copier match so just picked the one I thought would be closest. However this turned out too look very pinky on my skin and it made me look just odd. I mean, I can still use it but I'd have to do some mixing with some other products and even then, it is such a time hassle. However the formula of this is great as it does turn out very matte and is perfect for anyone with oily skin, but be aware that if you have a dry patch, it probably will stick to that and then it becomes very obvious. The formula itself is very thick and not as funny as I prefer my foundations but still works nicely once I mix it with other products
Celina P.
Celina P.
Oakville, ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a really great foundation for those who want to have a matte finish. The foundation is medium to full coverage and once applied, finishes extremely matte. The only thing I would have to complain about is that due to its high coverage, the foundation does go on a bit thick. Either then that, i think its a good foundation to have around especially on days when you need a bit of higher coverage!

I would definitely recommend putting on a more hydrating primer and if you don't want your skin to look too matte, definitely add setting spray to give it more of a dewy look.

I have dry skin and its fine on my skin, but i think this foundation is really ideal for those who have more oily skin due to its thickness!
Olivia B.
Olivia B.
London, ON
Review for: 203 True Beige
Okay, so it's super hard to find a really good foundation sometimes and what i really love about this one is that it is matte, so there is no super shine everywhere. I got it at Wal-Mart but it's super affordable and really easy to use. I would definitely buy it again. especially since it has my exact tone - 091 light ivory. - because my skin is very light that its hard to find the right skin tone sometimes because everything is usually one shade to light or one shade too dark but not with this one.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Norwich, Norfolk
I have been using this foundation for 4 years now. It is my favorite I have found so far. It is mattifying without being drying or too thick. A pea size amount is enough to do my whole face. I do not tend to get many blemishes, I mostly use foundation to cover the redness of my nose and cheeks. I find that this does do that very well. My only negative is it isn't amazing at staying put through hot weather. This however could be improved by a good primer underneath.
Allison G.
Allison G.
Love the mousse consistency of the product and how easy it is to apply with using a brush/beauty blender or even fingers. I'd say it's pretty full coverage and super affordable although I'm not crazy about the packaging. Also it doesn't come in a range on skin tones so anyone who has and olive/yellow undertone won't find this foundation blendable or matching. But if you have a pink undertone this is the foundation for you!
yoleiwy t.
yoleiwy t.
Caracas
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is a foundation of makeup with a mous type texture with medium to high coverage has colors that can use people with brown skin something that is common with the bases of that mark the duration is approximately six hours, transferred by what is not Should touch the face for maximum duration. I love this make-up base for everyday use is very economical and its quality is just the one I need for my days of work in the office
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.