4 beauty looks for NYE & beyond
8 colors available
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
BY RIMMEL LONDON #54 in Liquid Foundation
3.90 / 5 based on 3,973 Reviews
Rimmel London is bringing you new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that’s comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.see more...
Top Questions See all 388 Q&A
- "This is alright and it does what it says as it's good for oily skin and as other people said it's good at matching skin tones... but I don't like the texture and it's too 'matte' for me." in 168 reviews
- "This is the first full coverage foundation that I have used that doesn't feel heavy to get everything covered and blended." in 98 reviews
- "The only down side is that their are not enough color options the darkest color was sand when I bought this and that is no where near my skin tone." in 91 reviews
- "i loved this foundation it gave me some awesome full coverage and it also felt so light on my face , also a little goes a long way with this product !" in 70 reviews
- "Amazing coverage and does stay on a lot, it lasts quite a long time however there aren't a good range of tones and it leaves your skin feeling quite dry, if you have normal or oily skin then this is a good foundation, do not use if you have dry skin or if you like natural looking foundations, this one is very obvious and thick coated." in 68 reviews
I was unsure at first about buying a mousse foundation, but this product worked pretty well. Personally I think it is a little bit harder to work with than a liquid foundation because it dries quicker. Because it is matte, I do not need to use powder with it so my morning routine goes faster. It blends well and stays matte most of the day, but I can feel this makeup on my skin throughout the day, which I don't like very much. Overall it is a good product, but I think I will stick to liquid foundation in the future.
I got this in my box from Influenster, and while I was initially pleased with the weight, texture and coverage, it didn't last at all.
I have combination skin, so this product didn't work perfectly for me. If I were oily all over, it would be my new favorite, but during winter months it's a no go. On the parts of my skin that are more oily it looked amazing and had decent staying power, but highlighted my dry patches. I'm excited to try this again in the summer! For now I'll use it to keep my T-Zone shine free :)
I love this foundation. It does exactly what it says "stay matte". A little goes along way and you get practically a full coverage foundation. I wore this for a birthday party and it stayed on the whole day and night and in pics I was Matte not shiny. Great product
This is okay. My skin leans more yellow-toned, which I now know that Rimmel tends to lean very pink, so the shade I got was a match color-wise, but not tone wise, if that makes sense. I wish there were more yellow hued shades. That aside, this is a bit thick and cakey on my skin. I guess my skin chemistry and this foundation just don't mesh. It works for my friends though, so I guess it's just me!
This stuff is so cakey and hangs on to dry patches like no other, it make me break out and over all does not look good on my skin.. threw mine out.
Loved the finish and the color just melted into my skin completely. Easy to apply too. It's downfall was longevity. Applied it at 8 am only lasted until 12 (with primer).
Goes on so easy, and not heavy on face.. I'm not one to cake on makeup or wear it a lot, but ( you knew it was coming ) I like this product a lot and if I do wear it daily it feels fresh and lite
I picked this up on a whim because of a 50% off sale. I had heard raving reviews about it, but hadn't wanted to pay full price without knowing if I liked it. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation. The coverage is very smooth and even. For me personally it works better when I use a primer first, but even without the primer its nice. I love that it covers up everything. I find myself using less concealer than with other foundations. I will definitely repurchase.
Definitely a holy grail product of mine. It is very smooth it definitely stays matte and i just all around think its amazing.
Q & A
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
I've been wanting to try this foundation.. but I'm wondering if it's full coverage?
I love Rimmel products how does this foundation feel? Is it truly matte for awhile and how long does it last?
Is this product worth it's cost? I wonder if it will go a long way for someone who uses makeup every day.
I've never tried this. How is it? Yes or no? How has your experience been with this product?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos