BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• I've been on the search for a affordable and good foundation for...2 Answers
monica g.
monica g.
Ogden, UT
I love rimmel products !!! this liquid mousse foundation is super light you wouldn't believe you had any makeup on! My skin is very oily so this product doesn't make it worse or irritate it!
DONNA V.
DONNA V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this after reading the umteenth comment online from someone who declared this to be their holy grail foundation. if nothing else, it serves as a great reminder that everyone's skin is different, because wow, it does NOT work for me. It's most definitely matte, and didn't oxidize or do anything crazy, but for the life of me I can't get a smooth semi natural finish-no matter how hard I try. I've tried fingers, foundation brushes, stippling brushes, cosmetic sponges, and buffing, but it always ends up makjng my face loom dull and dry. It clings and cakes to any peach fuzz or dry skin, amd builds up like crazy in any fine lines. I'm going to try using a beauty blender next, as I live in hope. Anyway; I've definitely used worse foundations, but I've also used much better.
Jenae L.
Jenae L.
Allendale, MI
I received this product free from the influenster UniBox and I love this foundation. It matches my skin perfect, stays on, and I can't even tell I have it on. I will definitely buy this from now on.
Alissa E.
Alissa E.
Conroe, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Really good coverage and amazing texture, I would recommend this for more oily skin because I found it clung to dry patches.
Heather C.
Heather C.
I have crazy oily/acne prone skin that turns oily/acne prone/combination during winter months. I've always steered clear of matte foundations because the few that I have tried, did not mesh well with my skin - especially during the winter!

The product itself is thick, but airy. So it does apply and spread smoothly. My preferred method for application is always a brush, and this one is no different. Brush won out over using fingers for me.

While it looked nice in the smoothr areas of my face, I noticed some flaking in my drier areas, and where I had acne flare-ups, it did not cover well, and with more product, it only began to look cakey. Boo to that particular point.

Overall, I did generally like the product, and I will finish up the tube. I doubt I will purchase myself another though. (If I do, it will be during the summer months!) I just did not dig the dry patches being made more obvious.
Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation is going to be a real hit for many faces, but unfortunately, it isn't my "Holy Grail" foundation.
MJ G.
MJ G.
Fort Atkinson, WI
I received this complimentary for testing purposes in my #UniVoxBox. I have oily skin and am willing to try anything to help, especially makeup. The shade was a perfect match and it covered well. It kept my face shine free to an extent. I didn't breakout from it, but it did tend to dry out some places on my face. Would not recommend this for everyday use, unless you prefer a heavy foundation.
Silmalice U.
Silmalice U.
Tampa, FL
I received this product c/o Influenster and was amazed with the quality! It is so lightweight and it does indeed "stay matte". It felt like it wasn't even there and the shade matched my skin perfectly (great job Influenster!). I will definitely buy this product again.
Elsa B.
Elsa B.
I was excited to try it as it was given to me for free by Influenster through the Univoxbox. But it felt really heavy on my skin. I've never used a matte foundation before, so I don't know if this is a characteristic of this type of foundation or if it's just this product specifically. It did provide great coverage, but I wasn't a fan of how thick it felt. I've always used a Neutrogena foundation and it's very,very light so I was not used to how this felt on me.
Megan T.
Megan T.
Jacksonville, FL
This foundation is great for oily skin. I had some difficulty finding my shade. It is a thick cream that blends out easily. I would stay away from this product if you have dry skin or any dry patches. I find that this foundation will dry my skin out, but does hold up in the humid head of a Florida summer!
Emily B.
Emily B.
Ashland, MA
I recently received this product in my unibox and was happily surprised when I used it. it applied easy, matched my skin color perfectly, stayed on all day long, and I didn't need to use a lot to get good coverage. definitely the best foundation I've ever tried!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.