8 varieties available
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
3.89 / 5 based on 4,208 Reviews
Rimmel London is bringing you new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that’s comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.see more...
Top Questions See all 402 Q&A
- "This is alright and it does what it says as it's good for oily skin and as other people said it's good at matching skin tones... but I don't like the texture and it's too 'matte' for me." in 168 reviews
- "This is the first full coverage foundation that I have used that doesn't feel heavy to get everything covered and blended." in 98 reviews
- "The only down side is that their are not enough color options the darkest color was sand when I bought this and that is no where near my skin tone." in 91 reviews
- "i loved this foundation it gave me some awesome full coverage and it also felt so light on my face , also a little goes a long way with this product !" in 70 reviews
- "Amazing coverage and does stay on a lot, it lasts quite a long time however there aren't a good range of tones and it leaves your skin feeling quite dry, if you have normal or oily skin then this is a good foundation, do not use if you have dry skin or if you like natural looking foundations, this one is very obvious and thick coated." in 68 reviews
This foundation is amazing. I don't wear make up that often. And I've been looking for something that doesn't make my face look oily and Rimmel nailed it with this foundation. It's not real expensive either!
So good for the price! One of my go to drug store foundations. Nothing really compares for the price. I don't use a primer underneath because I feel it makes it settle into my pores more, and I do set this with a translucent matte powder. Lasts all work day! Buildable & easy to work with!
So if your budget I still would recommend like the elf acne coverage foundation Waymore than this I wouldn't recommend this this is way too thick for Jay skin and it dries out your skin you cannot put any other like me to find powder on it or set it you have to put on as a BB cream and it doesn't give a lot of coverage as you would want or expect it to and it's not but it's like way too overly mad
The texture goes on nice, however this isn't a foundation for people with oily skin. It is full coverage, but I can feel it on my skin and I don't like that. If you have dry skin give this foundation a try.
You have to buy the primer for this but none the less this is hands down the best drugstore foundation ive ever bought it is so cheap and i have incredibly oily skin and this stuff does wonders for me and it doesn't cake like any other regular foundation and the price is just so good!
Make up is supposed to help you look better right? this definitely didn't and I will not be buying again. Do not get this if you have acne or skin that is not smooth, I found it made by flaws look worse. It feels very heavy on my face too
I have oily/ combo aging skin and this foundation was disgusting on my skin. The color match was good but within an hour I felt and looked like an oil slick was living on my face. It broke up and became blotchy right away as well. It accentuated all my fine lines and made my face look horrible. Maybe for young, youthful dry skin.
I know some people have had issues with this texture, but I actually like the mousse texture. It feels light, blends well, and does a pretty good job keeping me matte. I have EXTREMEMLY oily skin so anything that does a halfway decent job is a win for me - especially at 5 bucks a pop
Review for: 103 True Ivory more...
The only foundation that has come closest to my skin color, but the texture leaves much to be desired. It feels kinda of weird and heavy for a bit, then that feeling kind of subsides. I would definitely wear this more often if it didn't clog my pores and cause breakouts on my skin.
The product was very thick. I had to use a damp sponge and apply it little by little for it to work for me. I also found that it applied better if I had a moisturizer on. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone with dry skin, as it would be more cakey. If applied well this product works fine.
Q & A
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
I've been wanting to try this foundation.. but I'm wondering if it's full coverage?
I love Rimmel products how does this foundation feel? Is it truly matte for awhile and how long does it last?
Is this product worth it's cost? I wonder if it will go a long way for someone who uses makeup every day.
I've never tried this. How is it? Yes or no? How has your experience been with this product?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos