BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• How is the coverage?1 Answers
  • I am looking for a foundation for my oily skin, I have not seem t...3 Answers
Jamie A.
Winston Salem, NC
I loved the truly matte finish this foundation provided and I loved that it was full coverage however I felt like I was glopping it on my face. It feels very heavy to wear and I wouldn't recommend it for daily use if you're prone to breakouts. I purchased the color ivory and it looked slightly grey, like Asian BB cream when I was putting it on but it blended very nicely and looked great on. A $5 a tube I know this will be my go-to full coverage foundation for nights out a little goes a long way.
Jessica W.
This must be applied with full attention. Its is extremely thick, think frosting. The finish, if applied properly, is a nice full coverage matte finish. But it takes to much work and time to properly blend this out. It gathered around my nose and fine lines. I was going to a wedding the first time I used it. (bad idea on my part) Thank goodness I caught a look at myself in a gas station mirror before we got there! I havd to take it off and put on something else. I prefer much easier base products.
Katie R.
If you love heavy coverage, this is your foundation. Besides the fact that it's dirt cheap, it's super matte, important if you forgot your powder. Amazing stuff.
Elaine H.
N Brunswick, NJ
I received this in the mail from Influenster and have been using this for almost 2 months straight. A pea size is just the right amount blended all over your face. The texture is silky and doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. I think this will become the next best drugstore foundation. I have combo/oily skin and do develop oil in my t-zone after 3 hours of makeup wear. This foundation (surprisingly) keeps shine at bay and oil minimal. I can't wait to buy this at the drugstore!
Catherine M.
This is really nice for my oily skin - it's not super thick and applies well. I use this for horse shows and it stays put all through my 14-hour days, through sweat and dirt and all sorts of abuse. I'd say it's maybe medium coverage. It doesn't build well though - layering it produces a cakey texture, so it's best applied in one even, light layer. The color selection isn't great either - there's only a few different shades and they're all very light. I have very pale skin and I wear a medium-darker shade compared to other shades in this line - I'm normally one of the lightest shades! So my darker-skinned friends, this probably isn't for you. A shame, too, because it's a pretty decent foundation. For the price point, I'm pretty happy - I'd purchase again.
Jennifer E.
Cumberland, RI
I just purchased the Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse. I must say that it is pretty thick but light and gives great coverage. You do not have to use too much of the product. I was worried about using a mousse because I have some dry skin areas and worried about how it would work. Looks nice and feels wonderful. Only thing is where I have some fine lines, it sits in them and you can see them pretty well. Other than that I definitely think this was a great purchase and would recommend it.
Lauren H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: 010 Light Porcelain
I like this foundation, but I have to use a hydrating primer on my face to make it stick around a little longer, it wears off my face very easily unless I use the hydrating primer.
Christina L.
Lafayette, LA
While I think this foundation gives more of a velvet finish than a matte finish, for the most part, this product does exactly what is says it will do. Even without a setting powder, this foundation prevented any noticeable shine from coming out throughout the day. The consistency is very light, but it's still pretty medium-full coverage. However, this is not the most buildable foundation, as it can make you look a little cakey. I only wish the shades were not so peach-toned. A perfect shade match would definitely make me want to buy this product over and over again.
Dawn B.
Topeka, KS
Review for: 103 True Ivory
This is the most full coverage foundation of any foundation I have ever tried. I love how flawless this can make the complexion. But, it is cakey and there's no way around that. Not a good one for mature skin. I can see this one being amazing for a younger woman with bad acne or acne scars. It is very matte. This makeup also doesn't stay put. It is very emollient. So, it doesn't form a bond with the skin. It will transfer onto glasses, your cell phone, and any clothing item that has a collar.
Daw Y.
Charlotte, NC
I like the consistency of the foundation, excellent match for my skin color, as well as the coverage for my face. I applied it the same way I would for a concealer, I think it works amazing. I'd say its matte but it makes me feel as if I have oily skin and that I need to powder. I think when it means, "matte" foundation It shouldn't need to be powdered but I feel the need to. And one negative is that it's sticky on my face. Probably why i choose to powder it. It is medium to full coverage. Depends on how you prefer to apply it. It defiantly covers up my old acne scars and hide my baggy eyes. But it doesn't completely make my baggy eyes disappear. I am still trying to find that one product that can do that. +Also I received this product in my voxbox
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.