4 beauty looks for NYE & beyond
8 varieties available
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation
3.90 / 5 based on 4,091 Reviews
Rimmel London is bringing you new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that’s comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.see more...
Top Questions See all 399 Q&A
- "This is alright and it does what it says as it's good for oily skin and as other people said it's good at matching skin tones... but I don't like the texture and it's too 'matte' for me." in 168 reviews
- "This is the first full coverage foundation that I have used that doesn't feel heavy to get everything covered and blended." in 98 reviews
- "The only down side is that their are not enough color options the darkest color was sand when I bought this and that is no where near my skin tone." in 91 reviews
- "i loved this foundation it gave me some awesome full coverage and it also felt so light on my face , also a little goes a long way with this product !" in 70 reviews
- "Amazing coverage and does stay on a lot, it lasts quite a long time however there aren't a good range of tones and it leaves your skin feeling quite dry, if you have normal or oily skin then this is a good foundation, do not use if you have dry skin or if you like natural looking foundations, this one is very obvious and thick coated." in 68 reviews
I adore this brand and product. For years, I have had such a hard time finding a foundation to match my pale skin but with this brand they have a shade called light porcelain & it matches almost perfect. This is the only brand I find that fits my skin tone
Review for: 100 Ivory
The Rommel stay Matte foundation is very thick and heavy. It is full coverage and worth the $5. I however prefer a foundation that is full coverage and light weight.
Great coverage. I've always had issues with my face becoming oily from products but this stay matte was perfect! Lasted all day and my face never felt oily or dirty.
Review for: 200 Soft Beige
This blends in so good with my skin!! It's feather-light. It's natural looks all day. Smooth formula leaves a perfectly matte, baby soft finish. Light weight an won't feel heavy or greasy.
This foundation use to be my go to choice for keeping a matte face while in humid and hot weather conditions. The texture is definitely that of a mousse but yet feels a little thick on skin. I now prefer foundations that feel lighter but I haven't completely ruled out this one. Do not use this though if your skin has any dryness or patchiness. If you're looking for something cheap and that'll keep you matte this definitely does its job but yet might also make you look a little flat as well. I'd pair it with some contouring and a highlighter to bring back the definition and youthfulness of your face.
I really like this foundation. Covers great, wears nicely, and super affordable. Does cling to dry patches some but not after first after a longer wear time it does.
I have oily skin and thought this would work for me but to be honest, it wasn't anything special. I don't think it looked bad but it also didn't really help with my oils.
I have ghostly pale skin, and most foundations (even the lightest shades) are too dark for me. However I was able to find a decent match with the lightest shade of this foundation, Light Porcelain. Despite a color match, I really wish the foundation itself would have looked better; it was not a match for my dry skin. It looked pretty cakey and heavy on my face and did not blend well. I would imagine this would look much better on oily skin since this is matte, but it was not for me. Great shades for lighter tones though.
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation has to be one of the best I have tried. Since I have very oily skin, it's hard to find a foundation that will last and matti ft my face. However, this foundation does it all. It's very smooth on the face and just glides into my face nicely. Definitely recommend this product. Also, you don't need plenty of product for coverage on your face. So the foundation lasts.
Review for: Sand
I really love this matte foundation. I feel like this foundation is light. It's perfect. I was worried about buying it cause it was matte but I love it it's one of my foundations I use.
Q & A
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
I've been wanting to try this foundation.. but I'm wondering if it's full coverage?
I love Rimmel products how does this foundation feel? Is it truly matte for awhile and how long does it last?
Is this product worth it's cost? I wonder if it will go a long way for someone who uses makeup every day.
I've never tried this. How is it? Yes or no? How has your experience been with this product?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos