BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• I've been on the search for a affordable and good foundation for...2 Answers
Kaitlin W.
Kaitlin W.
Le Mars, IA
This is definitely not my favorite foundation by any means. the price is probably the only redeeming quality. I don't like the finish at all. The color and shade is totally off and it oxides terribly. i wont be purchasing again
Maddy S.
Maddy S.
Review for: 103 True Ivory
This is the worst foundation I have ever used. I bought it right before the first day of school my sophomore year to use, and at first application the morning of the first day, I thought it would be great: my skin was oily from the summer heat, and it looked to be hiding that oil. It was a good color match, and it blended well into my face and neck. Then, during my first class, my face started feeling hot and itchy, especially on my cheeks. I thought it was just because of a particularly high temperature, as it was a really hot day. Then. during a break after my first two classes. I looked in a mirror and was horrified. The itchiness I felt was these horrible, big, greasy red bumps forming all over my cheeks and nose. The foundation was greasy and it was melting off along with the rest of my face makeup. I looked like I had gone for a swim in infected water. I hate it so much and I promptly threw it away. I wish I could give this product 0 stars.
Makeupbymlc C.
Makeupbymlc C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Very great foundation and full coverage! Only thing that bothers me is that they don't have more darker skin colors so I can't use it, but i have tried it on others since I am a makeup artist. Would totally recommend if you can find your color and it's just as great as high end products :)
Marissa Y.
Marissa Y.
California
I really wanted to like this foundation, it has a nice formula but it oxidized on me and the shade selection is very limited. I am half-hispanic and I have fair-ish olive toned skin (I would tan if I actually went outside but I slather myself in sunscreen on a daily basis because I just like being pale...and I'm just one of those individuals who just cannot pull off a tan) and I am constantly on the hunt for a drugstore foundation that actually matches my skin tone but it's rather difficult. My other problem with this foundation was that it clings to dry patches and looks cakey on my blemish prone combo skin even with a good primer and moisturizer.

In short,
I liked the formulation, it's at a good price, and the coverage, but I can't wear it without looking like an cake-faced oompa loompa. So I'll pass on this one.
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Review for: 201 Classic Beige
This foundation was really good but I did notice that's it would become shiny after awhile but over all was good coverage for my skin it was really easy to apply to my skin I would recommend
amanda g.
amanda g.
Algonquin, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have the shade ivory in this foundation. i bought this a long time ago and have never been able to wear it. forst because the shade is sooooo dark even though it is one of the lightest shades. and two because i have incredibly dry skin so I'm not sure why i ever thought this was a good thing for me to try. however, swatching this on my hand it has a really thick and mousse texture. I was hesitant at first but this product blends incredibly easily. it has a beautiful finish. even though i cant wear this myself, i would highly recommend
Emily J.
Emily J.
Live by this foundation! Best Mousse product (have had lots of problems with mousse before but never this one!) Very inexpensive and I actually prefer it over a lot of the high end brands I've tried. Good for matching pale skin tone (usually mousse is too orange for me) highly recommend!
Breanna C.
Breanna C.
Liberty , MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Loved this product!!! Stays all day. This is light to medium coverage to me but it works really well with my oily skin and doesn't dry it out either. I would buy again.
Roxanne R.
Roxanne R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this product! Looks absolutely flawless when first applied. It controlled my oil for a good couple of hours. However, I noticed that my face started to get shiny and my oil started to peek through after awhile, but this happens with many foundations. I wish this controlled oil a little better and lasted a little longer too. In the end, the price is unbeatable and it really does feel lightweight and fresh on the skin. Overall, this foundation is pretty good. If you have dry skin, it may emphasize dry areas, but if you have oily skin, I think you would really enjoy this.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought the lightest shade available in this foundation and while I did love how it stayed matte all day I was disappointed that even the lighted shade was too dark for my fair skin. If Rimmel made this foundation in a lighter tone it would be a big hit for me.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.