4 beauty looks for NYE & beyond
8 colors available
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
BY RIMMEL LONDON #54 in Liquid Foundation
3.90 / 5 based on 3,974 Reviews
Rimmel London is bringing you new Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - a breakthrough feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that’s comfortable on your skin, never heavy or greasy. Your new beauty staple delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish, all while minimizing the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.see more...
Top Questions See all 389 Q&A
- "This is alright and it does what it says as it's good for oily skin and as other people said it's good at matching skin tones... but I don't like the texture and it's too 'matte' for me." in 168 reviews
- "This is the first full coverage foundation that I have used that doesn't feel heavy to get everything covered and blended." in 98 reviews
- "The only down side is that their are not enough color options the darkest color was sand when I bought this and that is no where near my skin tone." in 91 reviews
- "i loved this foundation it gave me some awesome full coverage and it also felt so light on my face , also a little goes a long way with this product !" in 70 reviews
- "Amazing coverage and does stay on a lot, it lasts quite a long time however there aren't a good range of tones and it leaves your skin feeling quite dry, if you have normal or oily skin then this is a good foundation, do not use if you have dry skin or if you like natural looking foundations, this one is very obvious and thick coated." in 68 reviews
This foundation is great if you love a super super thick very full coverage. It's almost cakey on your face. It's a matte finish. I like to mix it with other foundations that aren't as full coverage. I've used this for years and always have a tube in my makeup bag.
Not a fan! On someone with dry patches on their skin this clung very badly. Despite this issue, the foundation would have still been a flop whether using fingers, brush, or sponge it was very streaky and very set correctly.
I love this foundation! I use it every time i put make up on. You can either have a natural look or build it up for full coverage which I love. I have also recommended this to a friend and she loves it just as much as I do.
Review for: Other
Was not impressed with the shade range, every shade had red undertones. No choices for people with darker skin. The foundation itself was difficult to blend and did not stay Matte for more than an hour. The texture was bad. I would not recommend this to anyone.
This foundation is very thick and cakey. A little really does go a long way, it doesn't take much at all to cover the whole face. Although it does provide decent coverage, it sets into fine lines. But it lasts all day, doesn't streak, and is very blendable and buildable. Overall this isn't my favorite foundation, but it isn't the worst either.
Originally, I was using a foundation by tarte to control my oil skin. It really sucked to have to pay $40 for a foundation to use on a regular daily basis. I read online in a make up group that this was the dupe. I decided to give it a try and decided that it was even better than the tarte foundation for literally 16 of the price. It controls my oil skin and truly keeps me looking Matte.
This is the worst foundation I have ever tried. It's thick, cakey, drying, and oily all at the same time. It felt like I was wearing partially-dried cement on my face. I threw it away quickly. I personally do not recommend
I have been looking for a foundation that fits my skin tone and gives me that matte finish I've been hunting for! So far this is the best I've found! And bonus, it doesn't cost an arm and leg! Found it at Walmart actually and its outstanding. My only issue is it is a bit hard to blend but that's manageable of course!
In my opinion I honestly hate this product. It felt like it wasn't as full coverage as other foundations I have tried. Even though I added a bit of the product onto my beauty blender I kept going back with my finger and having to apply more and more product.
I've heard a lot of great things about this product, but it didn't give my the results I was hoping for. It definitely was not the worst foundation I've used, but I felt like it looked like it was just sitting on my skin.
Q & A
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
I've been wanting to try this foundation.. but I'm wondering if it's full coverage?
I love Rimmel products how does this foundation feel? Is it truly matte for awhile and how long does it last?
Is this product worth it's cost? I wonder if it will go a long way for someone who uses makeup every day.
I've never tried this. How is it? Yes or no? How has your experience been with this product?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos