BY RIMMEL LONDON #81 in Liquid Foundation

• I am looking for a foundation for my oily skin, I have not seem t...3 Answers
Rachel B.
Quincy , MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation is something I most likely would not have tried on my own, so I'm thankful that Influenster sent this product to me to test out! "Mousse" cosmetics tend to also mean "sheer" so that would have been my main concern. However, this is a Medium/full coverage foundation that can be built up to cover redness and stubborn acne with ease. This foundation even covered my dark circles well without a concealer. I love the matte appearance on the skin, and since I have combination skin, I was happy to also note that this could definitely be used on either dry or oily skin. Dry-skinned ladies, be sure to moisturize before using, as always.
Gioconda P.
Doral, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like the coverage and the price. But I don't like that it feels a little bit too thick, maybe that's just me... I'm not sure if I would buy it again, sorry Rimmel
Heather C.
I have crazy oily/acne prone skin that turns oily/acne prone/combination during winter months. I've always steered clear of matte foundations because the few that I have tried, did not mesh well with my skin - especially during the winter!

The product itself is thick, but airy. So it does apply and spread smoothly. My preferred method for application is always a brush, and this one is no different. Brush won out over using fingers for me.

While it looked nice in the smoothr areas of my face, I noticed some flaking in my drier areas, and where I had acne flare-ups, it did not cover well, and with more product, it only began to look cakey. Boo to that particular point.

Overall, I did generally like the product, and I will finish up the tube. I doubt I will purchase myself another though. (If I do, it will be during the summer months!) I just did not dig the dry patches being made more obvious.
Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation is going to be a real hit for many faces, but unfortunately, it isn't my "Holy Grail" foundation.
Angel F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I think this is an okay drugstore foundation. I'm not a huge fan of the formula which is a mousse liquid so it means its thick when you apply it on your face, you definitely need a damp beauty blender sponge to blend it with.
Hanna S.
Casselberry
Review for: 103 True Ivory
I do like the coverage of this, but I don't think it is good for oily skin. I tend to see that it always breaks up on my nose because it's so oily. It is really easy to work with, and I think you should give it a try.
Natasha Carolina Z.
Doral, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Texture mousse, do not feel or see heavy. This base is hyper dense so with a MINIMUM amount is sufficient. It does not leave the face looking recharged or bulging (as long as you do not go out of hand). Its finish is matte, although it is not excessively flat, the skin is still looking fresh and healthy. It smells pores and imperfections. Your coverage is medium / complete, depending on the amount of product you apply. It lasts about 7-8 hours intact, my skin is mixed and I hold the shines quite well. Definitely one of my favorites in terms of finish, texture and durability.👌
The only negative side that I find on this basis is your color chart. There are too many excessively pale tones (and pink mega) and few tones of yellow subtone. It's super hard really to find the right color.
Marisol S.
Patterson, CA
I have mixed feelings about this.. I love it because of the coverage. I have acne and acne scars and this does an amazing job at covering those up. Especially considering the price. Which is another great plus. The downside... My skin is weird. Sometimes oily and sometimes dry. When it's dry, at first the foundation would accentuate the dryness. When it's oily well my face gets really oily and I feel like it's caking into my pores.. It is also true what most say, you don't need a lot of product. I found that with a sponge, the application goes on smoothr. Not that it's not, but makes it's even more. Also, it does stay for a longer time when dabbing instead of spreading out. Now the color seems too pink. I have a warm tone but these colors seem to be better for cooler or neutral tones.
Tammy H.
Joplin, MO
Review for: 200 Soft Beige
I definitely bought the wrong shade, but it totally did what I needed it to! I have been trying to find the one for me and this one is really good. When looking at drugstore foundations, you shouldn't pass this one up!
Natalie F.
Utica, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I am not sure if I'm the only person who does this but if you mix it with a foundation that's a bit more liquidy then it works a lot better! Because of the formula and texture, I didn't like that it creased a LOT.
Bailey S.
Yale, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this for years! It really is great stuff. It is just thick! But, it protected my face from the sun every summer, and I loved it. It is great for the times where you need to save a buck! Great quality product.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.