BY RIMMEL LONDON

• How well does this work on very oily skin and filling in ...2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily sensitive and acne prone skin?2 Answers
Meredith C.
Berkley, MI
This has been a great staple in my pro makeup kit. I tend to have a lot of clients who are oily and this primer has really helped to keep the shine away. It goes on the skin like silk, not too heavy feeling and when foundation is applied, it doesn't get all cakey or spotty. The shine control lasts fairly well. I usually do not have to touchup their powder once I've finished. I'm impressed with this product as it's pretty hard to find a good oil control primer.
Kayla H.
Coconut Creek, FL
I have VERY oily skin. When i put this primer on i put leave it to dry on my face. When i put my foundation on, it works wonders. My face is matte beautiful i 'ready' for the day. By 2 hours in the day my face is already oily. By 4-5 hours in the day my face is super oily , i need my blotting sheets and its a disaster. This primer gives you a good photo look but for all day? This is not the primer for all day.
Jasmine E.
Raleigh, NC
This product is AMAZING. I work in the Dental field so it's pretty important for me to keep a matte face all day especially when under a mask. It feels like a lotion when you apply it but in my opinion it's best to rub it on your face quickly to distribute, then let it sit for a couple of seconds, THEN put your foundation on. It mattified my face completely and even hid my pores! I use this with the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte (my color 108 Caramel Beige) and it stayed on the WHOLE DAY of work under a mask. I didn't even have to touch up at all!!!
Caitlin D.
Holland, MI
I bought this after running out of my Maybelline primer(which was a bust for me) and was hesitant buying another drugstore primer. I didn't have high expectations for this, although I love Rimmel products.

Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. I love the consistently, it's more creamy in texture compared to the thin, runny feeling of the Maybelline one. It does make me look more matte and leave my skin feeling soft. It also makes my makeup look great on top. I will probably repurchase this once I run out.
Courtney V.
Northfield, OH
I really enjoyed this at first. It was the first primer I tried and I definitely noticed it's benefits. However, by the end of the bottle I was also finding that it was making my t-zone more dry than usual so I had to switch. I'd like to give it another try in the future (sometimes my skin just needs a break from a product) but I definitely would recommend this to anyone who just needs a little extra help with their makeup's staying power.
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
This is my go-to heavy primer for days when it's really hot outside and I still want to wear a full face of makeup without worrying whether it's lasting or not. This primer was a game-changer for me in that regard. I would also recommend it to anyone who has oily skin, since this mattifying primer will cut out any shine and make your makeup look flawless. I cannot praise this stuff enough - I will continue to buy it so long as they make it!
Rachel H.
This stuff is really good! It does a pretty good job of keeping my t-zone matte for most of the day, while other primers I've tried haven't made much of a difference with my foundation. One problem I wish would be addressed is that I feel like this kind of accentuates my pores and makes them appear larger in some places on my face, like my cheeks and on either side of my nose. I'll keep using it though, and it works perfectly with the stay matte liquid mousse foundation.
Shelby M.
England, AR
I can definitely tell it hydrates my skin, smoothed, and slightly diminished pores. My t zone is oily and this did help minimize oil slightly. If I wear it without foundation it does look shiny
Mayra L.
Storm Lake, IA
I like the fact that it can be worn alone or with make-up, but honestly I don't see any difference regardless of how I wear it. I have very oily skin, sometimes due because of the make-up that I wear. I've used this product along with blotching papers, but I felt like those were just lazy ways to deal with it since it just fixed the problem temporarily. Now I use a cleanser and it's much better for my skin then just adding a 'matte' primer.
Alyssa B.
New Carlisle, OH
Honestly I hated this product. I used it under make foundation and it make it look super cakey and the product pile high on some places. I used it about a month until I could no longer take it. It says on the bottle you can use under or over make up, so I tried it over my make up instead and it just wiped the product right off. It didn't make much difference if I was using drug store, or high end. I had the same effect each time.
Maryah H.
, FL
Is this a good primer for oily combo skin?
Celine R.
Jessica G.
Bridget B.
I've never used a primer before. How helpful is it and what exactly does it do?
Sara S.