BY RIMMEL LONDON

• How well does this work on very oily skin and filling in ...2 Answers
  • Is this good for oily sensitive and acne prone skin?2 Answers
Ebonie J.
Augusta , GA
I tried to primer on a whim one day. I was desperate and my choices were very slim. I work in a restaurant and my skin is very oily so I needed a matte primer. OMG I am so glad I tried this I have not worn another primer since this. I buy them two sometimes three at a time so I never find myself cutting the ends of and scrapping the contents out( as if I ever done that before lol). Anyway this product is a little on the thick side but a little goes a long way. It leaves my skin super smooth and it is just a tad bit sticky which for me it’s not a problem o feel like it holds foundation better. It makes my makeup last ALL DAY long. It takes a super super long time before I become oily. I sometimes work 12 hour days on my feet sweating and no matter what foundation I use this primer makes it stay. I love it and I also use the setting spray and the combination is EPIC
Nadia P.
I needed a drugstore primer to use for work because shelling out 30-40$ on primer gets expensive! I have combo skin with an oily t-zone so i was looking for something mattyfing for sure.. So after trying a few drugstore primers this is what I have been using for the last two months.

It helps control my oily-ness wonderfully! Not for like 8-10 hours but for about 4-6 hours after that i have to blot and powder but nothing too horrible. When I need longer lasting makeup I use in conjuction with another pore minimizing primer that does the trick.

I love the feel of it, it does feel hydrating for me, and even though it comes out doesn't make you look ghostly or anything of that sort. But honestly does nothing for my pores which is fine, I don't usually care at work anyway. I wish it would do more for my pores then this would be total holy grail status for me, hence the 4 stars.

I would so try this if you have combo skin like mine!
ashley s.
Puyallup, WA
I’m so glad I stumbled upon what I believe is Rimmel’s best kept secret (: it’s only $4.99 at Target and a little goes a long way so one of these lasts me at least a month or two if I wear makeup everyday hence me feeling the need to apply it. I have very oily skin so I’m constantly searching for new mattifying beauty products that will help to keep my skin in check without having to blot at it every hour. This product takes the cake. (: before this I was spending almost $30 on Benefit’s Porefessional Stay Matte primer and I swore by the stuff. The price didn’t matter because before finding this primer I really thought there was no drugstore brand dupe that would even come close to in comparison. But then enter Rimmel’s Stay Matte primer and I haven’t looked back since. (: this product is also not the typical gel matte product that you usually find a mattifying primer to be. Instead it’s a light weight creamy product that goes on my skin and leaves it ridiculously smooth and I can literally watch my skin transform from oily and shiny to it all disappear into a matte perfected look in a matter of seconds . I love this stuff. And it also does not react negatively with my usual prone to breaking out sensitive skin type. My skin hasn’t looked or felt this great since I can’t even tell you when (: This is Rimmel’s best kept secret and I’m letting the cat out of the bag!
Michelle B.
This product helped me to mattify and minimize the pores in my cheeks but does not help to minimize my nose pores. Does not contain sunscreen. I help my makeup stay set for 5 hours. I do not recommend using it with any foundation. Like example: I can use this primer with  L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation because it makes my base look textured skin. Is not the best primer but it is suitable for makeup low budgets.
Dee S.
This is okay, definitely not the super star that I've heard of. The
application feels similar to applying a cream moisturizer. It's solid white
coming out of the tube but it seems to disappear on the skin. I've tried using
this in a very thin layer, a thicker layer, set with powder, not set with
powder, etc. The Tarte porefiller primer that I got during an Ulta 50% off
event works the same. They both look good at initial application. Oil
breakthrough starts about the same time no matter what, it's just reduced by
about 5-10% at the start. Setting either primer helps, but shortly after oil
starts breaking through it's like I didn't even try. I may as well wash my face
and start over.
Dana L.
Casselberry, FL
Bought this at CVS for around $6.99. An affordable price for a decent primer. My first encounter with this primer was not a bad one. It keeps your makeup away from looking oily and protects your skin from getting dry. On my third experience, I noticed the decay in the strength of the product. It started flaking/peeling on the dry areas of my face even with light finger application. It's quite annoying because you have faith in the product but it leaves you with white flakes on your face and in your hair... so you have to clean your face. I'm not sure if I'm the only one that's experiencing this but... I'm not a happy camper. Compared to other drug store primers such as Physicians Formula's Aryan Oil Primer and Physicians Formula's InstaReady Primer, this Rimmel Matte Primer is far from being perfect for people with dry skin (even with sufficient moisturizer).
Kookie A.
Alameda, CA
This Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer is definitely worth it especially for the price & the product itself. I believe I got this at Target & it was on sale at the time for $3.99 but regular retail price should not be anymore that $5.00 from what I remember. It was my first time trying It came in a small little bottle & I was going to be traveling so it was perfect. The bottle that I bought came with 1oz of product & I think thats worth my $3.99 since I only apply a tad bit! It feels very light when you apply to your face too.

There are obviously primers that are better out there but if you are looking for some good drug store make up products this primer for sure wont let you down. I’ve also seen this product pop up on my Pinterest for “ Some of the Best Drugstore Make Up Products “. So i would give it a try!

💁🏻‍♀️ I would Recommend!
Ronnie R.
ROSEVILLE, MI
I feel that primer is extremely important when doing my makeup, and this primer was such a disappointment. It didn't hide any of my pores and didn't last very long at all. It didn't keep my naturally oily face looking matte. In fact, it made my face look MORE oily after only 2 hours or so of wearing it. Also, it doesn't make my makeup last longer at all. It makes my face look very white when I apply it, and it cakes up a ton. I can barely stand the smell of it as well. I'd rather just not wear a primer at all than to wear this primer. I was super disappointed with this product. I would not recommend this.
Ellie A.
West Saint Paul
Even though this is a cheap brand of primer I must say is great quality for how much I paid for it! I can reapply over my Foundation to cover up dry patches and it does wonders with funding in the foundation! I am definitely satisfied with what I bought and do plan on using this product in the near future again :) this product is good for anyone who has dry or oily skin or even a combination of both
Natalie V.
I recently purchased this primer from Target for a cheap price. I have a really oily skin, especially during the summer. I haven’t been able to wear it with makeup but I have applied this primer on my skin by itself, it’s smooth and blends in well. I felt that it kept my skin matte and barely oily for a few hours. I do not know how long it is supposed to last but the product is good for it’s price and I recommend it.
Maryah H.
, FL
Is this a good primer for oily combo skin?
Celine R.
Jessica G.
Bridget B.
I've never used a primer before. How helpful is it and what exactly does it do?
Sara S.