BY RIMMEL LONDON #61 in Face Primer

• What do you think of this face Primer? Yay or Nay3 Answers
  • Is this product good for oily skin?5 Answers
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Not my favorite primer, but it's an affordable drugstore option for those on a budget and have mildly oily skin. The packaging is pretty basic and the primer makes several promises on their label - 1) Controls shine for up to 8 hours 2) Minimizes appearance of pores 3) Hydrating feel

Firstly, let's discuss the shine control factor. My skin is combo and oily my nose tends to get very oily. Did this primer completely get rid of my shiny nose for 8 hours? Unfortunately not. It did keep my nose and the rest of my face matte for a solid 3-4 hours, but after that the oils started peaking out. Maybe 8 hours is a little optimistic, or just for people who don't have very oily skin. Secondly, the primer claims to minimize the appearance of pores. That it does well, but again only on areas of my face that aren't so oily. My nose, the oiliest part of my face, happens to have large pores as well and since this primer didn't control oils that well, the same was the case with minimizing pores. Thirdly, let's discuss the hydrating feel. The texture/consistency of the primer feels like a lotion and it leaves your skin feeling well moisturized, which is great because a lot of mattifying/oil control primers can dry out your skin. So this is one of the claims that is absolutely accurate, it does hydrate your face and makes your skin look smoother. For someone with oily skin, it's important for my primer to not only minimize shine but also hydrate, which is a lot to expect from a primer. It's definitely worth trying if you have combo skin like mine!
Alyssa V.
Pawtucket , RI
I purchased this after a quick google search for drugstore primer dupes when I did not have time to make it to Sephora. I have combination skin and the reviews with my skin type kept comparing this to MUFE Skin Equalizer Primer and MAC Studio Fix Primer.

First off the ingredients in this primer are TERRIBLE...talc, PEG’s, aluminum starch, magnesium sulfate, etc. This smells like glue, all of my products started to separate while blending, did not blur my minimal pores, did not even out my complexion, and for the first time my powders (Laura mecier, hourglass, and MUFE) flakes and I ended up taking my makeup off after 2 hours and redid my face with no primer which looked better than with this junk.
Riley S.
This is my HOLY GRAIL when it comes to primers. This stuff goes on very smoothly, like a lotion. It keeps my face looking matte all day long. Seems to work best when also using rimmel's stay matte foundation. I bought this product from Walmart and ulta and I would highly recommend it. Rimmel London Stay Matte PrimerRimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Stacie M.
mechanicsville
I really, really like this primer. I have combo skin and I can get pretty oily in my t zone. This does a great job of keeping the oil from coming through my foundation and breaking it apart, even when I use foundations that are for dryer skin, like the Maybelline fit me dewy and smooth, which probably really shouldn't be used on more oily skin types. With this primer I can get away with it because I love the finish of this foundation.. To be honest, I've not tried a ton of different primers, but I really like this one the best of all the ones that I have tried. I'm almost out, and I'll definitely repurchase it.
Jay R.
A very good primer for a small price. Doesn't have a smell and even though it comes out white it doesn't leave a cast. Feels like I'm putting on lotion because it's so easy and smooth to apply. Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it seems to crumble or become more flakey around the dry parts of my face, so if you have more dry skin be warned this may not be the primer for you. Or if you are oily combo skin be careful not to use in your dry patches.
Jessica H.
It's not the worst primer, but it definitely isn't the best.

It works well to help fill in my large pores and keeps my skin from looking oily, but I have a couple of foundations that it just doesn't work well with. I can't use my usual foundation with it or about half way through the day it starts coming off. If I wipe my face or anything my foundation crumbles and rolls up in to little balls. It's the strangest thing but it only happens with this primer.

I do like to use it alone to mattify my skin, or with a light coverage foundation.
Haley T.
Santa Cruz, CA
This is an amazing, basic, matte primer for oily skin types! I even tested it out on half of my face, and this primer noticeably reduced shine! It's super cheap, but does the job! I would recommend this for oily skin types if you want your makeup to last throughout the day, since silicone primers can cause makeup to slip on your face, even though your skin feels super smooth. This primer keeps me matte throughout the day, and has a tacky finish so that my foundation can stick onto my skin better.
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
Go-to budget friendly matte primer! Works super well for my oily/acne-prone skin, though it does not last all day. My skin is oily enough that I wouldn't expect that anyway, though, and it does last at least for a few hours before I have to blot or powder my T-zone. I wouldn't say that this product is great for minimizing pores, but it makes your face a canvas for other things--at least a BB cream or at most a full face with foundation, contour, blush, etc.
Michelle B.
This product helped me to mattify and minimize the pores in my cheeks but does not help to minimize my nose pores. Does not contain sunscreen. I help my makeup stay set for 5 hours. I do not recommend using it with any foundation. Like example: I can use this primer with  L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation because it makes my base look textured skin. Is not the best primer but it is suitable for makeup low budgets.
Dee S.
This is okay, definitely not the super star that I've heard of. The
application feels similar to applying a cream moisturizer. It's solid white
coming out of the tube but it seems to disappear on the skin. I've tried using
this in a very thin layer, a thicker layer, set with powder, not set with
powder, etc. The Tarte porefiller primer that I got during an Ulta 50% off
event works the same. They both look good at initial application. Oil
breakthrough starts about the same time no matter what, it's just reduced by
about 5-10% at the start. Setting either primer helps, but shortly after oil
starts breaking through it's like I didn't even try. I may as well wash my face
and start over.
Maryah H.
, FL
Is this a good primer for oily combo skin?
Celine R.
Jessica G.
Bridget B.
I've never used a primer before. How helpful is it and what exactly does it do?
Sara S.