BY RIMMEL LONDON #52 in Face Primer

• What do you think of this face Primer? Yay or Nay3 Answers
  • Is this product good for oily skin?5 Answers
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Not my favorite primer, but it's an affordable drugstore option for those on a budget and have mildly oily skin. The packaging is pretty basic and the primer makes several promises on their label - 1) Controls shine for up to 8 hours 2) Minimizes appearance of pores 3) Hydrating feel

Firstly, let's discuss the shine control factor. My skin is combo and oily my nose tends to get very oily. Did this primer completely get rid of my shiny nose for 8 hours? Unfortunately not. It did keep my nose and the rest of my face matte for a solid 3-4 hours, but after that the oils started peaking out. Maybe 8 hours is a little optimistic, or just for people who don't have very oily skin. Secondly, the primer claims to minimize the appearance of pores. That it does well, but again only on areas of my face that aren't so oily. My nose, the oiliest part of my face, happens to have large pores as well and since this primer didn't control oils that well, the same was the case with minimizing pores. Thirdly, let's discuss the hydrating feel. The texture/consistency of the primer feels like a lotion and it leaves your skin feeling well moisturized, which is great because a lot of mattifying/oil control primers can dry out your skin. So this is one of the claims that is absolutely accurate, it does hydrate your face and makes your skin look smoother. For someone with oily skin, it's important for my primer to not only minimize shine but also hydrate, which is a lot to expect from a primer. It's definitely worth trying if you have combo skin like mine!
Dee S.
This is okay, definitely not the super star that I've heard of. The
application feels similar to applying a cream moisturizer. It's solid white
coming out of the tube but it seems to disappear on the skin. I've tried using
this in a very thin layer, a thicker layer, set with powder, not set with
powder, etc. The Tarte porefiller primer that I got during an Ulta 50% off
event works the same. They both look good at initial application. Oil
breakthrough starts about the same time no matter what, it's just reduced by
about 5-10% at the start. Setting either primer helps, but shortly after oil
starts breaking through it's like I didn't even try. I may as well wash my face
and start over.
Tessa M.
After trying this primer, I have no desire to even try any new ones!! I have found my holy grail! First of all, this product is so budget friendly, which I appreciate as a student. I have extremely oily skin and constantly have problems with my foundation separating after just a couple of hours. This primer completely eliminated any foundation separation and keeps me more matte throughout the day. I do have to say, that although I have quite oily skin, I do not look for products that make me look too matte and too dry. I do still get a little shiny with this product, but in a pretty, dewy way. My only minor minor complaint is that I find it to be slightly drying on my skin, but I just pair this with a great moisturizer and it fixes the problem! Overall a standout product, and a must have for oily skin.
t s.
The product I’ve always been searching for! For years I’ve tried everything to get rid of the oil and shine in my t-zone and this actually works! I have very sensitive skin and combination skin and it didn’t break me out or cause a reaction. It does exactly what it says takes away the shine and covers over the oil. At first I didn’t know if it would work but I let it dry and my face was really matte and soft. DO NOT use a lot because it has a thick consistency like a vaseline lotion. The only reason why I can’t give this five stars is because once I tried to wash it off, it didn’t come off easy and I had to really wash it off. It felt like the grease from chicken fat. Other than that I prefer to wear it without foundation and definitely recommend!
Hilda V.
Mercedes, TX
I received this primer in my December Ipsy subscription bag, and just set it off to the side. I was using a higher end product that I was happy with and didn't want to use something from the drug store that could possibly break me out. I have a very oily t-zone and didn't think this primer would be that great. BOY was I wrong! I recently started using this and I am in LOVE!!!! My face stays matte for at least 8 hours, then my nose starts looking a tiny bit oily but still looks great! I do not have time to retouch at all and I still love it at the end of the day. I highly recommend this money saving option which is FANTASTIC!!!
Danielle N.
Stone Mtn, GA
I love this primer. I usually use the  Rimmel London Fix And Perfect Pro Primer but I like to use this one more during the hotter months. It helps to keep my foundation matte while also keeping it looking freshly done for hours throughout the day. Just like the original primer a little bit of this product goes a long way so it's a great deal with its quality and price. Overall I plan to keep buy both of these products by Rimmel.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
I'm always looking for a good drugstore primer, and after trying this one from Rimmel, I'm pretty impressed!

The consistency of this primer is similar to a thick lotion, and it glides on the skin easily. I find it does minimize the appearance of pores, but my pores aren't very large to begin with. I use liquid foundation, which applies beautifully atop this primer. I'm an oily girl, and I found this primer did keep me matte for about 4-5 hours before I had to blot.

It's not the best primer I've ever tried, but I do think it's a great drugstore option if you're looking for something reliable!
t s.
Absolutely works! I took a chance at trying this and it was a good investment. It has a vaseline lotion consistency and you don’t need a lot, let it dry, and it took away my large pores, oil, and shine in my t-zone for a soft finish. The only reason why I can’t give this five stars is because it was so hard to wash off my face and it felt like grease from chicken fat. After washing it off it made my face really soft. I’m prefer to wear this alone without foundation Definitely recommend if you’re looking for an affordable primer and have sensitive skin.
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
I finally found a primer that works with my skin- Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer!! My skin is sensitive and oily, so most primers make me break out (even high brands). I’m so glad I received this in my Ipsy bag! This primer helps keep my makeup matte and lasting through the workday! I recommend this to anyone who has a hard time finding primers that won’t make them break out - give this a try!
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
Go-to budget friendly matte primer! Works super well for my oily/acne-prone skin, though it does not last all day. My skin is oily enough that I wouldn't expect that anyway, though, and it does last at least for a few hours before I have to blot or powder my T-zone. I wouldn't say that this product is great for minimizing pores, but it makes your face a canvas for other things--at least a BB cream or at most a full face with foundation, contour, blush, etc.
Maryah H.
, FL
Is this a good primer for oily combo skin?
Celine R.
Jessica G.
Bridget B.
I've never used a primer before. How helpful is it and what exactly does it do?
Sara S.