BY RIMMEL LONDON #62 in Face Primer

• What do you think of this face Primer? Yay or Nay3 Answers
  • Is this product good for oily skin?5 Answers
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Not my favorite primer, but it's an affordable drugstore option for those on a budget and have mildly oily skin. The packaging is pretty basic and the primer makes several promises on their label - 1) Controls shine for up to 8 hours 2) Minimizes appearance of pores 3) Hydrating feel

Firstly, let's discuss the shine control factor. My skin is combo and oily my nose tends to get very oily. Did this primer completely get rid of my shiny nose for 8 hours? Unfortunately not. It did keep my nose and the rest of my face matte for a solid 3-4 hours, but after that the oils started peaking out. Maybe 8 hours is a little optimistic, or just for people who don't have very oily skin. Secondly, the primer claims to minimize the appearance of pores. That it does well, but again only on areas of my face that aren't so oily. My nose, the oiliest part of my face, happens to have large pores as well and since this primer didn't control oils that well, the same was the case with minimizing pores. Thirdly, let's discuss the hydrating feel. The texture/consistency of the primer feels like a lotion and it leaves your skin feeling well moisturized, which is great because a lot of mattifying/oil control primers can dry out your skin. So this is one of the claims that is absolutely accurate, it does hydrate your face and makes your skin look smoother. For someone with oily skin, it's important for my primer to not only minimize shine but also hydrate, which is a lot to expect from a primer. It's definitely worth trying if you have combo skin like mine!
Dee S.
This is okay, definitely not the super star that I've heard of. The
application feels similar to applying a cream moisturizer. It's solid white
coming out of the tube but it seems to disappear on the skin. I've tried using
this in a very thin layer, a thicker layer, set with powder, not set with
powder, etc. The Tarte porefiller primer that I got during an Ulta 50% off
event works the same. They both look good at initial application. Oil
breakthrough starts about the same time no matter what, it's just reduced by
about 5-10% at the start. Setting either primer helps, but shortly after oil
starts breaking through it's like I didn't even try. I may as well wash my face
and start over.
Kookie A.
This Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer is definitely worth it especially for the price & the product itself. I believe I got this at Target & it was on sale at the time for $3.99 but regular retail price should not be anymore that $5.00 from what I remember. It was my first time trying It came in a small little bottle & I was going to be traveling so it was perfect. The bottle that I bought came with 1oz of product & I think thats worth my $3.99 since I only apply a tad bit! It feels very light when you apply to your face too.

There are obviously primers that are better out there but if you are looking for some good drug store make up products this primer for sure wont let you down. I’ve also seen this product pop up on my Pinterest for “ Some of the Best Drugstore Make Up Products “. So i would give it a try!

💁🏻‍♀️ I would Recommend!
Riley S.
This is my HOLY GRAIL when it comes to primers. This stuff goes on very smoothly, like a lotion. It keeps my face looking matte all day long. Seems to work best when also using rimmel's stay matte foundation. I bought this product from Walmart and ulta and I would highly recommend it. Rimmel London Stay Matte PrimerRimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation
Hilda V.
Mercedes, TX
I received this primer in my December Ipsy subscription bag, and just set it off to the side. I was using a higher end product that I was happy with and didn't want to use something from the drug store that could possibly break me out. I have a very oily t-zone and didn't think this primer would be that great. BOY was I wrong! I recently started using this and I am in LOVE!!!! My face stays matte for at least 8 hours, then my nose starts looking a tiny bit oily but still looks great! I do not have time to retouch at all and I still love it at the end of the day. I highly recommend this money saving option which is FANTASTIC!!!
Danielle N.
Stone Mtn, GA
I love this primer. I usually use the  Rimmel London Fix And Perfect Pro Primer but I like to use this one more during the hotter months. It helps to keep my foundation matte while also keeping it looking freshly done for hours throughout the day. Just like the original primer a little bit of this product goes a long way so it's a great deal with its quality and price. Overall I plan to keep buy both of these products by Rimmel.
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
Go-to budget friendly matte primer! Works super well for my oily/acne-prone skin, though it does not last all day. My skin is oily enough that I wouldn't expect that anyway, though, and it does last at least for a few hours before I have to blot or powder my T-zone. I wouldn't say that this product is great for minimizing pores, but it makes your face a canvas for other things--at least a BB cream or at most a full face with foundation, contour, blush, etc.
Michelle B.
This product helped me to mattify and minimize the pores in my cheeks but does not help to minimize my nose pores. Does not contain sunscreen. I help my makeup stay set for 5 hours. I do not recommend using it with any foundation. Like example: I can use this primer with  L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation because it makes my base look textured skin. Is not the best primer but it is suitable for makeup low budgets.
Typical R.
Roseville, MI
I feel that primer is extremely important when doing my makeup, and this primer was such a disappointment. It didn't hide any of my pores and didn't last very long at all. It didn't keep my naturally oily face looking matte. In fact, it made my face look MORE oily after only 2 hours or so of wearing it. Also, it doesn't make my makeup last longer at all. It makes my face look very white when I apply it, and it cakes up a ton. I can barely stand the smell of it as well. I'd rather just not wear a primer at all than to wear this primer. I was super disappointed with this product. I would not recommend this.
Kerri C.
Kent, WA
For the price I think it's a really nice primer. It claims to keep you matte for 8 hrs and minimise the appearance of pores. I have combination skin and it does keep my oily areas under control for 6-8 hrs. It doesn't really minimise pores but does leave the skin smooth so foundations goes on well. Another plus is it didn't break out my sensitive skin.
Maryah H.
, FL
Is this a good primer for oily combo skin?
Celine R.
Jessica G.
Bridget B.
I've never used a primer before. How helpful is it and what exactly does it do?
Sara S.