BY RIMMEL LONDON #75 in Face Primer

• Any one else have a problem with this primer making their...2 Answers
  • What do you think of this face Primer? Yay or Nay3 Answers
Svetlana M.
Edgewater, CO
Not my favorite primer, but it's an affordable drugstore option for those on a budget and have mildly oily skin. The packaging is pretty basic and the primer makes several promises on their label - 1) Controls shine for up to 8 hours 2) Minimizes appearance of pores 3) Hydrating feel

Firstly, let's discuss the shine control factor. My skin is combo and oily my nose tends to get very oily. Did this primer completely get rid of my shiny nose for 8 hours? Unfortunately not. It did keep my nose and the rest of my face matte for a solid 3-4 hours, but after that the oils started peaking out. Maybe 8 hours is a little optimistic, or just for people who don't have very oily skin. Secondly, the primer claims to minimize the appearance of pores. That it does well, but again only on areas of my face that aren't so oily. My nose, the oiliest part of my face, happens to have large pores as well and since this primer didn't control oils that well, the same was the case with minimizing pores. Thirdly, let's discuss the hydrating feel. The texture/consistency of the primer feels like a lotion and it leaves your skin feeling well moisturized, which is great because a lot of mattifying/oil control primers can dry out your skin. So this is one of the claims that is absolutely accurate, it does hydrate your face and makes your skin look smoother. For someone with oily skin, it's important for my primer to not only minimize shine but also hydrate, which is a lot to expect from a primer. It's definitely worth trying if you have combo skin like mine!
Ebonie J.
Augusta
I tried to primer on a whim one day. I was desperate and my choices were very slim. I work in a restaurant and my skin is very oily so I needed a matte primer. OMG I am so glad I tried this I have not worn another primer since this. I buy them two sometimes three at a time so I never find myself cutting the ends of and scrapping the contents out( as if I ever done that before lol). Anyway this product is a little on the thick side but a little goes a long way. It leaves my skin super smooth and it is just a tad bit sticky which for me it’s not a problem o feel like it holds foundation better. It makes my makeup last ALL DAY long. It takes a super super long time before I become oily. I sometimes work 12 hour days on my feet sweating and no matter what foundation I use this primer makes it stay. I love it and I also use the setting spray and the combination is EPIC
Nadia P.
I needed a drugstore primer to use for work because shelling out 30-40$ on primer gets expensive! I have combo skin with an oily t-zone so i was looking for something mattyfing for sure.. So after trying a few drugstore primers this is what I have been using for the last two months.

It helps control my oily-ness wonderfully! Not for like 8-10 hours but for about 4-6 hours after that i have to blot and powder but nothing too horrible. When I need longer lasting makeup I use in conjuction with another pore minimizing primer that does the trick.

I love the feel of it, it does feel hydrating for me, and even though it comes out doesn't make you look ghostly or anything of that sort. But honestly does nothing for my pores which is fine, I don't usually care at work anyway. I wish it would do more for my pores then this would be total holy grail status for me, hence the 4 stars.

I would so try this if you have combo skin like mine!
Heather D.
Newark
This was my go-to primer when I didn't have the means to shell out $30-40 for a truly good primer. It's good for what it is - a reasonably priced foundation primer.
Does it work wonders? no
Does it keep makeup applied & looking fresh for all day into the night? no
What is it does is help with keeping your foundation in place and lasting longer than if you applied it directly to your skin. Does your makeup last for 8 hours? Not mine, but everyone's skin is slightly different. I have a very oily forehead and tend to generate sweat on my face when it's warm or humid around me - which means unless I have an amazingly good primer on, my foundation just slides right off. With the Stay Matte, my makeup lasted longer than usual, but not forever.
Jay 💖.
I wish I could say that I loved this. And I mean,I guess I did. It was a thin silicone primer that filled my pores and mattified my makeup perfectly. I was in love. But...
This primer broke me out. I stupidly tried it 8 separate times,blaming the breakouts on hormones,sickness,a new shampoo. Anything. But I finally realized that I'm allergic to this. My skin doesn't like it,even though I loved how it made me look. I give it a 3/10 for that reason. It would have been a 9/10 had it not given me painful breakouts. But I would recommend if you don't have picky,sensitive skin.
Jessica H.
It's not the worst primer, but it definitely isn't the best.

It works well to help fill in my large pores and keeps my skin from looking oily, but I have a couple of foundations that it just doesn't work well with. I can't use my usual foundation with it or about half way through the day it starts coming off. If I wipe my face or anything my foundation crumbles and rolls up in to little balls. It's the strangest thing but it only happens with this primer.

I do like to use it alone to mattify my skin, or with a light coverage foundation.
Emily S.
I'm not a fan of this primer from my first impression. I feel like this makes my makeup immediately slide off my face and look increasingly shiny - which is the opposite of what it is called to do. My major problem with is it that is causes my foundation to pill. It separates, leaving it patchy spots and a terrible texture. I understand that this is probably caused by a conflict in the ingredients..it's manageable, but I have to be very careful when applying my foundation. I had hoped better for paying $7 for this.
Kaitlyn M.
Go-to budget friendly matte primer! Works super well for my oily/acne-prone skin, though it does not last all day. My skin is oily enough that I wouldn't expect that anyway, though, and it does last at least for a few hours before I have to blot or powder my T-zone. I wouldn't say that this product is great for minimizing pores, but it makes your face a canvas for other things--at least a BB cream or at most a full face with foundation, contour, blush, etc.
Michelle B.
This product helped me to mattify and minimize the pores in my cheeks but does not help to minimize my nose pores. Does not contain sunscreen. I help my makeup stay set for 5 hours. I do not recommend using it with any foundation. Like example: I can use this primer with  L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Matte Foundation because it makes my base look textured skin. Is not the best primer but it is suitable for makeup low budgets.
Dee S.
This is okay, definitely not the super star that I've heard of. The
application feels similar to applying a cream moisturizer. It's solid white
coming out of the tube but it seems to disappear on the skin. I've tried using
this in a very thin layer, a thicker layer, set with powder, not set with
powder, etc. The Tarte porefiller primer that I got during an Ulta 50% off
event works the same. They both look good at initial application. Oil
breakthrough starts about the same time no matter what, it's just reduced by
about 5-10% at the start. Setting either primer helps, but shortly after oil
starts breaking through it's like I didn't even try. I may as well wash my face
and start over.
Maryah H.
, FL
Is this a good primer for oily combo skin?
Celine R.
Jessica G.
Bridget B.
I've never used a primer before. How helpful is it and what exactly does it do?
Sara S.