16 colors available

BY RIMMEL LONDON #8 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested.

• I've heard so many great things about this product, but does it wor...16 Answers
  • Is this ur favorite57 Answers
  • How much would you rate this product?7 Answers
Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
  • "u have really oily skin especially in a morning and when I do my make routine and I have this powder my make up just looks so soft and smooth such a matte powder best powder ever !" in 233 reviews
  • "I love this product, it's smooths over your foundation (or other beauty product) without it look cakey and keeps the skin looking matte!!" in 53 reviews
  • "The Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder has been a staple in my makeup collection for a long time because it does what it's intended for, and it's affordable." in 42 reviews
  • "This powder is great for sealing liquid foundations but also for touching up oily/shiny patches during the day as a quick fix." in 39 reviews
  • "I find that on days that I don't use foundation and just some concealer when running out I find sweeping this all over my face gives a little coverage that evens out my skin tone a bit without giving that dry skin "dusty" look." in 36 reviews
Tammy W.
Tammy W.
Cocoa, Fl
Review for: Creamy Natural
I absolutely love this powder. I have very sensitive skin and fight Rosacea on a daily basis. I use this powder to keep my skin from appearing oily and shiny. It is a very light textured powder, it doesn't clump and blends easily with my natural tone. It helps to give my skin that very even colored tone taking away a lot of the redness from the Rosacea. I feel confident and look fresh when wearing this powder. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a great powder. It is very affordable and a quality product. I apply it with one of my great makeup brushes for a flawless look.
Claire B.
Claire B.
Corvallis, OR
I love this powder. It keeps me from getting oily, but it doesn't work miracles, so I usually do have to reapply if I'm wearing makeup for a long time. I only deducted the one star because the packaging is so terrible! The top clear plastic part only slides onto the powder part, and it cracks so easily, and once it cracks, the top is pretty much useless because it won't stay. I had to use masking tape in order to travel with it. I think that should make the packaging more typical of a powder with a clamshell package and a mirror inside. Overall though, the product itself is great.
May W.
May W.
San Francisco , CA
This powder was good at getting rid of my oily skin but it definitely couldn't combat my oily face throughout an entire day or night. After a night event, I would find myself shiny again or I would have to touch up during the day. It might work and you could possbily get away without retouching if you weren't an oil slick like me. But I just gave this poswer to my sister, who has more normal skin and she loves it. Its fairly cheap so go ahead and try it. I really liked it but I had to do occasional touch-ups which I didn't enjoy because I don't carry powder with me everywhere
Ashley U.
Ashley U.
Lewis Mcchord, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
EVERYONE NEEDS THIS IN THEIR COSMETIC BAG!!
this is seriously the BEST matte powder on the market! I've used a lot of big brand names like Mac, Urban Decay and so on. Nothing compares. It's a great finish to any makeup looking natural, or full face. No matter how much you use, it doesn't leave you looking powdery. It's compact enough to carry in your purse or clutch for touch ups throughout the day. It's amazing and if you haven't tried it out yet, you need to drive to target or Walmart right now and pick it up, very affordable and you definitely won't regret it!
Crystal K.
Crystal K.
This product is amazinggg! I'm not so easily swayed when it comes to pressed powders claiming they're matte because it usually just manages to hold up for 30 mins, but this product is phenomenal. I put it on and the product gets rid of any extra shine on my face and it gives a very light finish. It's inexpensive (runs up to around $6) and I love using this with a tinted moisturizer to cover up a few blemishes. Amazing powder, so I won't be looking forward for something else. It's always in my purse for my little touch ups and I'll never be caught without it!
Lindsay T.
Lindsay T.
Review for: Natural
I think that Rimmel's Stay Matte products are some of the best no-shine looks you can get at drugstore prices. I've purchased this product so many times, and I have several friends who enjoy this product as well. The powder really is matte, and really does set your makeup and keep you shine-free for the good majority of the day. Be careful not to pile on too much, or apply while your foundation is still very wet- this can get cakey if you're heavy-handed, but the coverage is so great with this, that's there's no need to have a heavy hand in the first place.
Heather L.
Heather L.
Maricopa , Ca
I like this setting powder my holy grail product is Laura Mercier but I feel like this is a drugstore dupe for that product The price for this item is very very reasonable for what it does I apply under my eyes and on the top of my eyelids so that my make up won't Crease and it last all day long I like the shade 001 translucent you're also able to use the Ulta coupon for 3.50off on this product which makes it a great deal I've had mine for several months and have not hit pan. Totally recommend this item it's a great powder for a great price
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Review for: Transparent
This is my every day wear power foundation! I love this stuff!!! I use this in combination with Rimmel clean finish foundation and I always get complimented on my skin!

This power goes on nice but be careful to shake out your brush before application or dab your face after use, I always tend to get excess powder, but that could just be me.

Once you start sweating a good amount or go to the pool/beach this foundation doesn't last too long. So if you're looking for a foundation you can wear to the gym, pool, ect. This isn't for you.
Alicia B.
Alicia B.
I have combination skin, usually towards the oily side. This powder does a good job at keeping my oils under control without drying me out. It does seem to cling a bit to extremely dry spots. It does an excellent job at setting my makeup, and doesn't settle into any of my fine lines. I always use the translucent shade and it is 100% translucent, at least on my skin. The powder itself is smooth and buttery and doesn't flash back in photos. If you are really oily, like my t zone, you might need a touch up or two throughout the day.
Alexis R.
Alexis R.
Fairgrove, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is always the powder I end up going back to. I have tried lots of powders, highend and affordable and this one just does its job best. I usually get this powder in translucent so it doesn't add color just controls the shine and oil. But the coverage isn't bad either from the shades if you were to get a color one, this powder is awesome and for the price it's a steal. if you have oily skin definitely try this powder to set your foundation and touch ups through out the day. It leaves me matte all day without feeling too cakey.
Pamela B.
Pamela B.
Dover, DE
Is this ur favorite
Amy M.
Amy M.
Truxton, NY
What's this cost at your local store?
Linda S.
Linda S.
Rosemead, CA
How long does this last for oily type skin?
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Edinburg, TX
Does it have a lot of coverage, to make my face look cakey if I were to put it on after my foundation?
Whitley B.
Whitley B.
Does it offer any coverage?