BY RIMMEL LONDON #8 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
  • "u have really oily skin especially in a morning and when I do my make routine and I have this powder my make up just looks so soft and smooth such a matte powder best powder ever !" in 233 reviews
  • "I love this product, it's smooths over your foundation (or other beauty product) without it look cakey and keeps the skin looking matte!!" in 53 reviews
  • "The Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder has been a staple in my makeup collection for a long time because it does what it's intended for, and it's affordable." in 42 reviews
  • "This powder is great for sealing liquid foundations but also for touching up oily/shiny patches during the day as a quick fix." in 39 reviews
  • "I find that on days that I don't use foundation and just some concealer when running out I find sweeping this all over my face gives a little coverage that evens out my skin tone a bit without giving that dry skin "dusty" look." in 36 reviews
Carole M.
Winchester, VA
Review for: Sandstorm
Sadly, although I've read below better reviews by the results of others....I was disappointed in Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder in the color: 004- Sandstorm. I ran out of my Bare Minerals staple product, having picked this up as a quick alternative as I sifted what were available in options found at my local drug stores. I will just start by saying, the color match was perfect but my skin could tell you what it lacked in any minerals, by how it felt. It was also true to applying matte, but this formula did not adhere, give any coverage, nor did it moisturize in any way like generally minerals will, to my skin. By appearance the formula wears in a very noticeable to the eye & stark powdery way. It felt pastey like & unnatural to the skin. But hey, I gave it a chance, it deserved as I've been OK w/ most Rimmel products before, but 2 hrs later I could not remove this product from my skin fast enough! I certainly did not have an allergic reaction by any stand point, but it were bazaar!
Alyssa T.
Collegeville, PA
Review for: Buff Beige

Pros: sets foundation perfectly, controls shine, silky matte finish, super affordable, lightweight, doesn't settle into creases, perfect for all skin types

Cons: gets cakey easily, requires a touch up here & there, packaging

Love love love this product so much! I repurchase this powder in translucent every single time I run out. This is by far the best drug store brand setting powder I've ever used. I use this as a setting powder over my liquid foundation and it gives me a fabulous matte finish! I use The lock it tattoo foundation by Kat Von d which is full coverage so I was worried about using powder on top of that, but this product still managed to give me a natural silky looking finish. It goes on best with a makeup brush, but with this product less is definitely more because it can look super cakey if you use even a tiny bit more than you need. When used sparingly and properly blended it doesn't even look like you're wearing powder. Highly recommended this product!!!
Hayley C.
Beverly, MA
Review for: Creamy Natural
This is a great pressed powder. I bought this at CVS for an affordable price to go with their matte BB cream. I've only bought one of these and it has lasted me months. I use it after putting on my bb cream or foundation to set it and it works well to control my shininess and keep my face matte during the day. I have to stop using it tho and get a darker color only because this was great for my pale skin in the winter but now that it's summer and I have a tan, it's way too light for me. I would recommend this to people who don't want to spend a lot of money but need a pressed powder. My only complaint is the packaging isn't that durable/stable which is not a big issue with me because I don't travel with it but if I traveled with it, might be worried the top would fall off because mine is cracked and doesn't always stay on tight.
Sk Y.
Harrison, NJ
I normally use Makeup Forever's HD Microfinish Powder to set my makeup but since that can get expensive for every day use, I picked this up at Target after it was recommended by a friend. I bought the translucent one so I could use it as a setting powder and it's not bad! I hate to be picky about makeup, but I never could find a good drugstore brand for my face so
I usually steered clear and stuck to drugstore mascara. It's important to have a great face product! The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is nice, goes on smooth, keeps my makeup from moving around and I especially love to use it under my eyes and on my chin/t-zone. My only wish is that it wasn't pressed--I prefer loose powder. But it's a great price point for every day use and I definitely recommend it!
Courtney V.
Oakdale, PA
I wanted this to work so badly but it just isn't the powder for me. The shade was at least slightly closer to what I need but still too dark or orangey for my skin tone. Easy application, feels nice on the skin, but it's quite mattifying - almost too much (and I like my makeup matte!) It starts to settle into lines and cake after a few hours, unless you have a SUPER good primer on and/or make sure you only apply the right amount. There's a very small sweet spot but when you do find it, it looks great and feels great for normal to combination skin. I will say it does a good job evening out discoloration, under eye darkness, and is just OK on redness. Super dark spots - this won't work for those too well without powerful concealer.
Ariana G.
Mmmm I do not know where to start if for good or for bad hahaha ..

Well I'll start talking about the cons as I think they are more than the pros.

Cons: The prsentacion is very poor since it does not bring mop (Which for me is indispensable since something that for my taste should be changed every time you start a new compact), it has no mirror (ie if you are like me Always be late for me you should blindly make up jajajaja), the duration is not very long and I do not recommend it for people with a complexion.

Pros: Super economic (Among the mid-range compact is the most economical), super silky, lightweight and matte finish

If you have not tried it I recommend that you do it as you could get better results
Francelys R.
Medley, FL
My only complaint about this product is that it does not come with the applicator.
I have oily skin, and so I really need something to keep my face looking fresh, and this poweder does the trick. I apply the Anti-shine, let it set for a few minutes, apply my liquid foundation, let it sit a few minutes, then I apply the Rimmel Stay Matte Transparent powder using a typical powder applicator. I then apply my make-up, and just before leaving the house, I use a large powder brush and light apply a little more of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder to "set" my look, and I'm off!! During hot or humid weather, I do a slight touch up with the Stay Matte powder after lunch, and then I'm good for the rest of the day.
Anjanette H.
Suffolk, VA
Review for: Natural
I use this to set over my Rimmel Stay Matte foundation and I am good for a 10-13 hour day of work in the sun! It's perfection, I never thought I'd find my holy grails in a couple Rimmel products that cost like $5 each! I keep this in the pocket of my uniform incase I need a touch up, it doesn't come with a powder puff or mirror so I just buy the packs of puffs for a couple bucks and it fits right in the packaging, and whenever I go to the bathroom I'll check out a mirror to see if I got a little oily. Usually I don't need one though because this keeps my face perfectly matte. Maybe it's the two products combined but I hope they never discontinue either of these items or I'm gonna have to stock up!
Carmen C.
Floyds Knobs, IN
Okay so this product has had great reviews! But for me it was HORRIBLE!!! I bought it at my local target a little bit ago, and was pretty excited! The first time that I used it it was okay. It didn't blow me away but for the price I was like okay it's pretty good I guess. The next day I go to use it and it has really would marks on it, and it was so dried out!!! No product would come on my brush!!! It dried out! The only reason I gave it two stars is because the first day it was okay, and maybe the one I had bought was old. I was very disappointed! :(

If you are looking for a great drugstore powder, I would recommend the maybeline fit me! It's a couple dollars more but so worth it!
Alicia B.
I heard people rave about this everywhere! They talked about how it was so affordable for such a high qulaity product, but I disagree.
I bought this at my local drugstore and was so excited to try it out that I used it the next day. Being a pale girl, I bought translucent, and let me just say it is not even close to being translucent! I could see the powder on my face and it was quite a few shades darker than my skin. I was in a rush and had no choice but to wear it all day and all it did was enlarge my pores, cling to dry patches, and bunch up around my nose. I Immediately returned it.
This product was not even worth the couple dollars I spent on it.
Jordyn F.
Huntersville, NC
I'm going to ulta in about a week or so and I'm debating on buying this product. if I do should I go for the transparen't or one that matches my skin tone?
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this as good as a any high end setting powder? I want to try it before I truly commit to a high end brand.
Mason T.
Will this powder work on combination or normal skin? I've heard people say it looks flaky on dry skin and come off quickly on oily skin.
cynthia p.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it help control oily?
Amber L.
Wilton, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've heard a lot about this product. I have super oily skin in the summer, will this product be enough to keep my face matte?