BY RIMMEL LONDON #6 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested.

Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
  • "I love this product, it's smooths over your foundation (or other beauty product) without it look cakey and keeps the skin looking matte!!" in 53 reviews
  • "The Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder has been a staple in my makeup collection for a long time because it does what it's intended for, and it's affordable." in 42 reviews
  • "This powder is great for sealing liquid foundations but also for touching up oily/shiny patches during the day as a quick fix." in 39 reviews
  • "I find that on days that I don't use foundation and just some concealer when running out I find sweeping this all over my face gives a little coverage that evens out my skin tone a bit without giving that dry skin "dusty" look." in 36 reviews
  • "I love the colored powder if I wear concealer underneath, and the translucent is perfect for touch ups throughout the day." in 28 reviews
Jennifer R.
Review for: Buff Beige more...
The main reason I did not give this product 5 stars is the packaging. I wish this came in a regular compact with a mirror. Instead it has an odd lid that comes completely off, and the packaging feels flimsy.

However, despite the inconvenient packaging, this is still the powder that I will carry in my purse for touch ups. It blends well and is perfect for mattifying oily areas of my skin through the day.

I use it most often because I have somewhat oily under eyes. So I will dust a little of this under them once or twice during a long day, and it keeps my eyeliner from moving around.

I also use it on the forehead and chin and around the nose. Pretty much anywhere that I get a little shiny. I especially like that I can use this powder with or without foundation, as there are many days that I do not wear foundation at all.
Miriam S.
Indianapolis, IN
Review for: Transaparent more...
I do like this powder and it is a good powder. It’s good for any skin type really. It has a matte finish which is what I search for in anything. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the packaging. It seems like here lately nobody is putting mirrors on their presses powders anymore. I usually prefer a pressed powder over a loose powder to control any sweating on my face which because of my medication I do frequently. But if I’m out and not at home I do not have a mirror to see where I’m placing it for one and I have a lid that can get lost which leaves me with no way to protect my powder from bacteria and any other outside contaminates. For the price I can’t complain too much but I wish rimmel would put a mirror on this since a pressed powder is what most people use to touch up with throughout the day. Other than that I highly recommend.
Bailey A.
Alexandria
Review for: Creamy Natural more...
I have a very oily complexion and this it my favorite powder to keep in my purse to touch up throughout the day! I always blot the excess oil first with blotting sheets, when add some Rimmel Stay Matte powder to where I need to freshen up! It doesn't ever leave me looking/feeling cakey in any way and gives my skin and smooth look to it as if I just put on my makeup! I wouldn't recommend you use this as your main powder to set your foundation with if you have oily skin like me, but if you don't have oily skin this might work great as a light setting powder! I would highly recommend this powder to my oily girls out there!
Shawna A.
Bradenton , FL
Review for: Transaparent more...
This is SUCH a good budget-friendly mattifying pressed powder! It’s one of the first I bought when I was getting into makeup in middle/high school and I just turned 30 and I’ve been a fan ever since! This thing has been around for awhile and I still hear people rave about it and beauty influencers recommend it bc it’s truly wonderful! It works, it’s cheap, it’s easy to find... you really can’t go wrong. The only thing I DESPISE about it and why I took off a star is bc I HATE THE PACKAGING!! Seriously, it’s the only negative thing anyone has to say about it and Rimmel still hasn’t done a thing to fix it in all the years its been in production! Seriously Rimmel, get it together! It’s the main reason why I haven’t purchased it in awhile... I simply can’t keep it in my purse! All it has is a loose-fitting lid that doesn’t close securely and it opens up constantly and the powder gets everywhere and/or breaks and destroys your purse and its such a pain in the butt! Obviously a mattifying powder is something most people want to carry around for touch-ups, so for the life of me I cannot understand why Rimmel won’t just give us a compact that snaps shut securely! It’s not a lot to ask! I mean, a mirror would be nice too but I’m not picky! lol Just something that won’t open up and allow the product to get everywhere and break would get me buying this stuff again in a heartbeat! But if you are someone who doesn’t care about this issue or just needs a great mattifying/setting powder that won’t break the bank, I would totally recommend this formula!
Michelle L.
Review for: Transaparent more...
This powder is my go-to powder that I use on a daily basis. I love how affordable the price is and how mattifying it is. I have extremely oily skin and after about 2 hours of makeup application, I'm already shiny. The Stay Matte does such an amazing job at mattifying everything and I love how smooth/soft the powder itself is. It hasn't made me look overdone or cakey and lasts a long time after touch-ups. I always have at least one of these in my makeup bag with me. One thing I have noticed is that it has a slight perfume-y scent in the compact but after applying it, I do not notice it after. I haven't had any issues with it so far and will definitely continue to repurchase it.
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
Review for: Transaparent more...
I bought this a while ago. Like... a WHILE ago lol I had only used it a handful of times. It always looked to cakey on me. I stopped using it obviously. Fast forward to about a week ago. I ran out of my usual setting powder so I figured I’ve give this a shot again. I’m glad I did! Now that I know a little more about what I’m doing, this went on so well!! I used a puff to pat it INto my skin not just ON. This made a huge difference. I didn’t look powdery and cakey. It set into my makeup and kept me shine free for quite some time. It didn’t alter the color of my foundation at all. I will continue using this for sure. I’m no longer in a big hurry to go buy another higher end powder.
Olivia M.
Minden, LA
Review for: Transaparent more...
Rimmel has some really great makeup.  I tried this powder from a Youtube beauty guru recommendation and was not disappointed.  The powder works great on my oily skin, and kept my skin matte most of the day.  It is a true translucent shade; it doesn't alter the shade of my foundation or look too pink or yellow.  The reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because it doesn't come with a brush or puff.  I like to carry this in my purse, and feel like my brush gets dirty.  I wish it had an applicator included.  Other than that, it's a really great powder for oily skin.
Larri J.
Salyersville, KY
This product is okay but not something I love or use often! I usually grab this when I'm trying new looks out late at night. For me this product isn't the best, it tends to make my makeup look spotty after awhile of wear. It doesn't seem to last all day & sometimes makes my makeup look a little cakey! Its cheap (around $4-$5) which is a plus side, but like I said it's not the best, you get what you pay for! It may work different for some people but for me it isn't the best, however it's still a product I usually every now & then & I don't really regret buying it! I'd give it a 6/10.
Erin M.
Butler, NJ
If I know it is going to be a particularly hot day, I never leave my house without applying this to my oily skin. It keeps my skin matte even in the middle of summer. I don't use it every day as it is really matte, but I use it on occasions where I need an extra oil barrier. It goes on smoothly and definitely stays put.
mika//미카 H.
Hilo, HI
Review for: Sandstorm 004 more...
I love this pressed powder! It is amazing! It really does keep my face matte. Whenever I need a touch up because I do have oily skin, it makes my face look brand new. I only touch up once in a while and when I do, it doesn't make my face look cakey, it just refreshes the look. All my oils are gone. I keep this in my bag along with a small brush to target oily spots on my face. It is a great product! I love it so so much! I have repurchased it and when I run out of the one I currently have, I will definitely repurchase again!
Pamela B.
Dover, DE
Is this ur favorite
Amy M.
Truxton, NY
What's this cost at your local store?
Linda S.
Rosemead, CA
How long does this last for oily type skin?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg , TX
Does it have a lot of coverage, to make my face look cakey if I were to put it on after my foundation?
Whitley B.
Does it offer any coverage?