BY RIMMEL LONDON #6 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Rimmel Stay Matte is an oil-absorbing pressed powder that leaves you with a flawless, shine-free complexion. Helps to minimize the appearance of large pores. Dermatologically tested.

• I've heard so many great things about this product, but does it w...17 Answers
  • Is this ur favorite58 Answers
  • What do you suggest for this product, translucent or colored?4 Answers
Reviews (12095)
  • "u have really oily skin especially in a morning and when I do my make routine and I have this powder my make up just looks so soft and smooth such a matte powder best powder ever !" in 233 reviews
  • "I love this product, it's smooths over your foundation (or other beauty product) without it look cakey and keeps the skin looking matte!!" in 53 reviews
  • "The Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder has been a staple in my makeup collection for a long time because it does what it's intended for, and it's affordable." in 42 reviews
  • "This powder is great for sealing liquid foundations but also for touching up oily/shiny patches during the day as a quick fix." in 39 reviews
  • "I find that on days that I don't use foundation and just some concealer when running out I find sweeping this all over my face gives a little coverage that evens out my skin tone a bit without giving that dry skin "dusty" look." in 36 reviews
Shawna A.
Bradenton, FL
Review for: 001 Transparent
This is SUCH a good budget-friendly mattifying pressed powder! It’s one of the first I bought when I was getting into makeup in middle/high school and I just turned 30 and I’ve been a fan ever since! This thing has been around for awhile and I still hear people rave about it and beauty influencers recommend it bc it’s truly wonderful! It works, it’s cheap, it’s easy to find... you really can’t go wrong. The only thing I DESPISE about it and why I took off a star is bc I HATE THE PACKAGING!! Seriously, it’s the only negative thing anyone has to say about it and Rimmel still hasn’t done a thing to fix it in all the years its been in production! Seriously Rimmel, get it together! It’s the main reason why I haven’t purchased it in awhile... I simply can’t keep it in my purse! All it has is a loose-fitting lid that doesn’t close securely and it opens up constantly and the powder gets everywhere and/or breaks and destroys your purse and its such a pain in the butt! Obviously a mattifying powder is something most people want to carry around for touch-ups, so for the life of me I cannot understand why Rimmel won’t just give us a compact that snaps shut securely! It’s not a lot to ask! I mean, a mirror would be nice too but I’m not picky! lol Just something that won’t open up and allow the product to get everywhere and break would get me buying this stuff again in a heartbeat! But if you are someone who doesn’t care about this issue or just needs a great mattifying/setting powder that won’t break the bank, I would totally recommend this formula!
Allyson G.
Boston
Review for: Sandstorm 004
I grabbed one of these off the shelf at random when I needed a powder before a big event, and I think I may have grabbed a shade that was a tiny bit too dark for me. It still looks great, though. I'm not a huge fan of the matte look (because my skin is on the dry side) but I still like this for setting the face all over (I use a different powder for setting the under eye area when I have the time). I'm starting to hit pan and I will definitely repurchase when I run out, even though I'm starting to replace a lot of my drugstore finds with their high-end alternatives.
Rhonda R.
Hastings
Review for: Sandstorm 004, Long Lasting 001 Transparent
This is probably one of the cheapest and the best powders you can find at the drugstore. I first bought this product in the shade Sandstorm, and I fell in love with it! I then repurchased it in Transparent once I ran out of it, and I find it to be less coverage and less cakey as a result since I use this as a setting powder that was what I wanted. I don't think it minimizes my pores, but it really does control the oil throughout the day and prolongs the wear of my foundation. Love, love, love!
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Long Lasting 001 Transparent
If you're looking, this is a great affordable mattifying powder. Works well, huge pan of product, and only a few bucks.

Pros:
-Works well to set make up and is mattifying.
-Big pan so works with larger face brushes.
-Extremely affordable, $3-5.
-Finely milled but pressed tightly into the compact so it lasts for a while.

Cons:
-Cheap packaging, the lid is just pops on over the compact for closure. I am worried to pack this in my travel bag or bring it with me in my purse because of this.
-Mattifies for a shorter amount of time than I would like before getting oily but touch ups are easy so not a big deal.
-Has an interesting scent to it. Not necessarily bad, but I prefer face powders, especially setting/mattifying powders, to have no scents.

If you're looking for a translucent powder to use for touch ups, I suggest this product! Good to keep on your vanity but I'm not sure if I would travel with it due to the packaging.
Kennedy S.
Lexington, KY
Review for: Long Lasting Creamy Natural
This product is super budget friendly and the pan lasts a long time. I bought my first one about 4 years ago and just recently had to repurchase it because it was almost out. This does a great job of setting foundation and smoothing out lines. It makes your foundation look matte, so if you're going for a more dewy finish then I don't recommend this for you but if you have oily skin then I do recommend! Love it and will repurchase again in the future.
Marisa C.
Review for: Buff Beige
I stopped buying this product some time ago simply because I found other products to use, but if you're on a budget or even just looking for a good powder, this is a nice choice. If you don't want to put on foundation, this powder will give you a light coverage and smooth finish to go out with. Over foundation it fills in the cracks nicely and doesn't look cakey at all. This is one of the only powders I used until the absolute last crumb.
Alice R.
Portage
Review for: Long Lasting 001 Transparent
I have very dry sensitive skin. In my T-zone, sometimes, usually in the summer, my skin will act a little more like 'normal skin' and get a little oily through out the day. In the winter it is flakey and dry. But in the summer time, sometimes I have to use a powder in my T zone, forehead, nose, SOMETIMES my cheeks. This is the only powder that I trust to set my really dewy foundations with. A very small amount goes a long way. I use a velour puff to pat in the setting powder, and then I use a setting spray like the Mac Fix Plus, or the Wet N Wild Setting Spray and then that melts the powder into my foundation. Throughout the day after 3-4 hours I may need to touch up, and then I come back to this powder, and I will lightly touch up any dewy areas and then set with a setting spray again. This method works the best for my very dry skin. I hope this helps someone out.
Brook H.
Carthage, MS
Review for: Long Lasting By Warm Beige 006, 14G
I gave this 5 stars because it doesn’t cake up on my face like many other brands do. I have an spf in my face lotion and in my foundation, so I don’t worry about an spf in my powder. This is something I continue to purchase over and over agin because of its quality. It doesn’t cake up on my face like a few other brands do and that’s a bonus for me! The price is extremely affordable and that means everything!
Sydney W.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: 003 Peach Glow
For a drug store matte powder I find this powder to do it's job pretty well. My skin is always oily, even right after I put on a matte foundation, in-between my eyebrows especially. I decided to try this powder out because the Rimmel London Stay Matte Foundation is a decent foundation in my opinion.

When I purchased this powder I didn't have that high of hopes, I had run out of my Kat Von D so I decided to give it a try. To my surprise it's not a bad powder at all. Right after I apply it takes the shine away from my chin, nose, cheeks, and in between my eyebrows.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't keep my face matte all day, but I have yet to find a face powder that does. So I'm not mad at this product, especially for the price.
Harper B.
Palm Harbor, FL
Review for: 001 Transparent
This is the best drug store translucent powder I've used. It's extremely affordable and comes with so much product. It leaves a clean matte finish without looking cakey, it goes onto the brush easily and applies nicely. I have combination skin (oily with dry patches) and by the end of the day my skin is usually oily, but my makeup still looks clean and matte with this.
Pamela B.
Dover, DE
Is this ur favorite
Amy M.
Truxton, NY
What's this cost at your local store?
Linda S.
Rosemead, CA
How long does this last for oily type skin?
Jennifer G.
Edinburg, TX
Does it have a lot of coverage, to make my face look cakey if I were to put it on after my foundation?
Whitley B.
Does it offer any coverage?