BY RIMMEL LONDON #96 in Liquid Foundation

A feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy. Delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish. Minimizes the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.

• What's the best foundation or what works best for you? No...1 Answers
  • Would you purchase this product after trying it?27 Answers
  • How is the coverage?1 Answers
Alisha J.
Walworth, NY
Review for: 201 Classic Beige more...
I love this foundation! I have tried many different kinds over the years and they either make me break-out, don’t give me good enough coverage, or both!
This foundation leaves a beautiful matte finish (contrasts beautifully with a nice highlighter!) and keeps my skin soft as well.
It goes on super easily (some people complain that it’s too thick but honestly that’s great because it makes for better coverage and a little bit covers a lot more than other brands).
One tube lasts me about 3 months and I use it between 4 and 6 times a week!
I honestly can’t say enough good things about this foundation so I just suggest that you try it and see for yourself if it works for your skin type (it’s super reasonably priced so even if you don’t end up liking it it isn’t going to drain your bank account so you shouldn’t be upset...plus if you buy it at target and aren’t satisfied they typically allow returns)
Erica K.
Scranton , PA
Review for: 100 Ivory more...
I’m honestly torn on how to properly review this product.
The foundation is lightweight, easy to apply, and creamy. The price of the product is also very affordable which I like considering it is a drugstore product.
However applying this product can be a pain. It doesn’t go on the best with a beauty blender and goes on even worse with a brush. I’ve found myself using both tools at the same time to try and apply it and ultimately my fingers get used every time throughout the process. While the product is lightweight it is also very thick and applies to the skin kind of like a face mask. If you’re not quick to blend the product into the skin it dries down extremely quick as well as oxidizes like crazy.

I like the full coverage this product can provide and I like that it’s lightweight, easy to use and affordable, however fighting with it to sit on my skin gives it a 3 star review and the likelihood that I’d ever purchase it again is also extremely slim.
Ellie A.
West Saint Paul
This foundation is what I currently started using within the past few weeks. And because I have an oily skin type, best foundation has done a really good job at covering up my oily spots; especially in my T-Zone area! I also use the Rimmel Matte Primer and the finishing powder before and sometimes even AFTER applying this foundation. Which also helps with dry patches, & overall evening out the product onto my face. You DO NOT need to USE MUCH of this Foundation to have full coverage results. I would DEFINITELY keep that in mind while applying it. Because if you put too much of this foundation on.. it can make your skin look cakey! I also apply this foundation with a silicone based Beauty blender, which does WONDERS with reducing and even eliminating streaks, and the appearance of pores. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who asks me. And to top it all off, its price is unbeatable!!! :),
Katrina H.
Review for: 010 Light Porcelain more...
I purchased this foundation at Walgreen's while they were having a sale. I was in the market for a new foundation and I had always heard great things about it. Until this past week though, I have had horrible luck with it. I have been determined to make this foundation work since so many others liked it, and have tried so many different primers and powders with it trying to find a good combo. After many trial and errors I have finally found a primer that pairs with it, one that is oil based as this foundation dries out my skin. Overall, I would not recommend this foundation because it takes so much effort to get it to look decent on your skin. Even when it does work, it's only a so-so product.
Abbey R.
Crescent City, CA
Review for: 201 Classic Beige more...
Okay so sorry for the horrible videoing and yes my mascara got on my eyelid a little 😂 lol I’m sure we’ve all been there before! But this is my FAVORITE coverage! In the video I was wearing it ALONE with no B.B. cream, no concealer, no powder!!! Just the foundation! So if you also use other products, this is amazing! If you do put too much it can get cakey easily. A little goes a long ways! I typically only use powder countour with this product and liquid concealer! It is matte so using some products to blend and contour can get tricky. For the price, this stuff is amazing! ALSO THIS WAS TAKEN AT THE END OF THE DAY AFTER BEING OUTSIDE AND DOING CLEANING AROUND THE HOUSE! This was not fresh makeup. In the photos that I added was fresh. NO CONTOUR, JUST FONDATION.
Rachael S.
Carson city, NV
Review for: 200 Soft Beige more...
Not a fan. It has full coverage one star and it is light weight so two stars and it stays matte all day three stars. Now here's my issue it's so hard to apply smoothly. It's thick it gets steaky with a brush it goes on to thick with a blender. So what do you do use both that's the only way I got it to be decent on my skin. That's a lot of work just to get my foundation on!!!!! It creased on my forehead and around my nose is oxidized and turned much to dark I definitely had to drag it down my neck to try to blend it and make it no so obvious. The price is great it just didn't work out the way I need a foundation to. This was my experience I know many people love this stuff its just not for me.
Jana S.
Largo, FL
Review for: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation, Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce more...
I heard the hype about this foundation being a dupe for Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation so I tried it and I like it. I loved the whipped texture. It makes it easy to apply and feels very light. However, it's a heavy coverage and will give you the dreaded foundation line along your jaw if you don't blend it well. The ivory is a perfect match for my fair skin with a slightly pink undertone. As far as the "stay matte" name, I stayed matte for a long time. By the end of the day I had a slightly dewy look, but that's better than an oily look. I live in Florida with high heat and humidity so if a foundation can pass that test, it's pretty good. And this passed the test. I'm on day two wearing it and my co-worker told me my skin looked great and asked if I was doing something different. I told her about this foundation and she was impressed. She's a Lancôme fan, so she was surprised a drugstore foundation had given me such a transformation. It does rub off easily when your skin starts trying to produce oil, so keep it in your bag for touch ups. I scratched my forehead and had foundation under my nails. But I'm going to keep using it because it provides awesome coverage and does keep you pretty matte.
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
This is probably my most used foundation. It’s a full coverage-matte foundation that doesn’t weigh down my face. It’s easy to apply and it stays put throughout my busy day! I use my real techniques Blend + Blur Foundation Brush to apply and then I go over it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend out any harsh lines and to even out my foundation. It’s a very nice, affordable product that can last you for months! You don’t need a lot of product in order to get a nice, full coverage which it great! I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great full coverage-matte foundation! I also have very oily skin and this foundation helps control the oiliness and is easy on my skin. I use it every single day and I will continue to purchase and use this product!

I am currently using the shade “Ivory” and I purchase it at Target! Only $4.99 and it lasts me 6-8 months! Target
Sarah O.
Review for: 010 Light Porcelain more...
I'm torn about this product. I keep trying this with different primers, different application methods and setting it in different ways and I'm just torn. Every time, something is a little bit off about the foundation. It has great coverage, but really enhances any bit of texture on my face and at times looks a bit cakey. A little goes a long way, but no matter how much I apply I'm not always happy with how it looks. I keep trying this in different ways, and I just can't seem to get it right, which makes me think the product just doesn't work for me.
Leah P.
Dundee
Review for: 081 Fair Ivory more...
This foundation has the coverage of a high end foundation. This stuff is probably the cheapest foundation you can buy at the drugstore.  It used to be my holy grail drugstore foundation and I would buy it in bulk on Amazon all the time.  I will say it will emphasize your texture and any fine lines you may have.  Now that I am 25 I'm starting to notice a lot more fine lines than I used to, so I try and stay away from this product.  I miss it though because it would cover all of my freckles!
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.