BY RIMMEL LONDON #71 in Liquid Foundation

A feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture that won’t feel heavy or greasy. Delivers all day shine control and blends flawlessly for a natural looking matte finish. Minimizes the appearance of pores. The weight is over – finally, shine has met its matte.

• What's the best foundation or what works best for you? Nothing to...1 Answers
  • Would you purchase this product after trying it?26 Answers
  • How is the coverage?1 Answers
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
This is probably my most used foundation. It’s a full coverage-matte foundation that doesn’t weigh down my face. It’s easy to apply and it stays put throughout my busy day! I use my real techniques Blend + Blur Foundation Brush to apply and then I go over it with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to blend out any harsh lines and to even out my foundation. It’s a very nice, affordable product that can last you for months! You don’t need a lot of product in order to get a nice, full coverage which it great! I definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great full coverage-matte foundation! I also have very oily skin and this foundation helps control the oiliness and is easy on my skin. I use it every single day and I will continue to purchase and use this product!

I am currently using the shade “Ivory” and I purchase it at Target! Only $4.99 and it lasts me 6-8 months! Target
Alisha J.
Walworth, NY
Review for: 201 Classic Beige more...
I love this foundation! I have tried many different kinds over the years and they either make me break-out, don’t give me good enough coverage, or both!
This foundation leaves a beautiful matte finish (contrasts beautifully with a nice highlighter!) and keeps my skin soft as well.
It goes on super easily (some people complain that it’s too thick but honestly that’s great because it makes for better coverage and a little bit covers a lot more than other brands).
One tube lasts me about 3 months and I use it between 4 and 6 times a week!
I honestly can’t say enough good things about this foundation so I just suggest that you try it and see for yourself if it works for your skin type (it’s super reasonably priced so even if you don’t end up liking it it isn’t going to drain your bank account so you shouldn’t be upset...plus if you buy it at target and aren’t satisfied they typically allow returns)
Erica K.
Scranton , PA
Review for: 100 Ivory more...
I’m honestly torn on how to properly review this product.
The foundation is lightweight, easy to apply, and creamy. The price of the product is also very affordable which I like considering it is a drugstore product.
However applying this product can be a pain. It doesn’t go on the best with a beauty blender and goes on even worse with a brush. I’ve found myself using both tools at the same time to try and apply it and ultimately my fingers get used every time throughout the process. While the product is lightweight it is also very thick and applies to the skin kind of like a face mask. If you’re not quick to blend the product into the skin it dries down extremely quick as well as oxidizes like crazy.

I like the full coverage this product can provide and I like that it’s lightweight, easy to use and affordable, however fighting with it to sit on my skin gives it a 3 star review and the likelihood that I’d ever purchase it again is also extremely slim.
Alexe Y.
Glendale, AZ
Review for: 010 Light Porcelain more...
This is a foundation I've bought many times and always seem to come back to. And every time I love it for a week and then immediately dislike it after that. Some of the PROS: Perfect porcelain shade that isn't too white, too pink, or too tan. It's somewhere wonderful in between, which is extremely hard to find. A very smooth,very matte finish, and cute packaging to go with its very cute price tag. But the CONS: very hard to blend anything over it, including contour creams, blushers, bronzers, and illuminators. Any other cream or layered powder it comes into contact with and it becomes instantly chalky. It's basically a race against time to blend before it's immobile. Despite pairing it with the Stay Matte primer, I've found it separates only a few hours later. I keep using it though, in hopes I'll someday crack the code.
Abbey R.
Crescent City, CA
Review for: 201 Classic Beige more...
Okay so sorry for the horrible videoing and yes my mascara got on my eyelid a little 😂 lol I’m sure we’ve all been there before! But this is my FAVORITE coverage! In the video I was wearing it ALONE with no B.B. cream, no concealer, no powder!!! Just the foundation! So if you also use other products, this is amazing! If you do put too much it can get cakey easily. A little goes a long ways! I typically only use powder countour with this product and liquid concealer! It is matte so using some products to blend and contour can get tricky. For the price, this stuff is amazing! ALSO THIS WAS TAKEN AT THE END OF THE DAY AFTER BEING OUTSIDE AND DOING CLEANING AROUND THE HOUSE! This was not fresh makeup. In the photos that I added was fresh. NO CONTOUR, JUST FONDATION.
Caitlin H.
Tuscumbia
Review for: 100 Ivory more...
My favorite bargain full-coverage makeup! The coverage is to die for! I have problems concealing my large pores, but this foundation does an excellent job! It doesn't cake up throughout the day and is very lightweight! This is the only foundation I use now and I love it. I have oily skin as well and this foundation does an excellent job keeping the oil away all day! I highly recommend this product, especially for the price!
Jana S.
Largo, FL
Review for: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation, Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce more...
I heard the hype about this foundation being a dupe for Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation so I tried it and I like it. I loved the whipped texture. It makes it easy to apply and feels very light. However, it's a heavy coverage and will give you the dreaded foundation line along your jaw if you don't blend it well. The ivory is a perfect match for my fair skin with a slightly pink undertone. As far as the "stay matte" name, I stayed matte for a long time. By the end of the day I had a slightly dewy look, but that's better than an oily look. I live in Florida with high heat and humidity so if a foundation can pass that test, it's pretty good. And this passed the test. I'm on day two wearing it and my co-worker told me my skin looked great and asked if I was doing something different. I told her about this foundation and she was impressed. She's a Lancôme fan, so she was surprised a drugstore foundation had given me such a transformation. It does rub off easily when your skin starts trying to produce oil, so keep it in your bag for touch ups. I scratched my forehead and had foundation under my nails. But I'm going to keep using it because it provides awesome coverage and does keep you pretty matte.
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
Review for: 091 Light Ivory more...
I have tried endless amounts of foundations but I always find myself coming back to this one. I have very oily skin so this matte foundation is perfect for me! It stays on all day long with no retouches! I also love that it’s so affordable and can be purchased almost anywhere! Also, this one tube that costs about $5-$6 lasts me for MONTHS at a time! It’s a win-win for me! All day coverage, can be purchased almost anywhere and there are plenty of color options! Can be applied with brush or beauty blender. I personally play around with both for a perfect finish. I attached some photos of me with this foundation on! No setting powder or powder foundation was used.
Sarah O.
Review for: 010 Light Porcelain more...
I'm torn about this product. I keep trying this with different primers, different application methods and setting it in different ways and I'm just torn. Every time, something is a little bit off about the foundation. It has great coverage, but really enhances any bit of texture on my face and at times looks a bit cakey. A little goes a long way, but no matter how much I apply I'm not always happy with how it looks. I keep trying this in different ways, and I just can't seem to get it right, which makes me think the product just doesn't work for me.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
Review for: 100 Ivory more...
I’m actually really impressed by this foundation! I didn’t have much hope for it because it’s so cheap, but it’s actually great! I have oily combo skin and wanted to try out some new fuller coverage foundations and picked this up as one of the ones to try. It stays matte all day, gives full coverage and with a setting powder and good primer it doesn’t look cakey or settle into my pores! It’s a thick mousse formula so I thought it was best to apply with my fingers. Great bargain find for makeup!! Always a plus when it’s something cheap that works
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA
Would you purchase this product after trying it?
Amanda T.