Add a Photo

#373 in Lip Gloss

This product has been discontinued.

See similar products.

The end of colour as you know it. Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer combines the intense colour of a lipstick with a smooth lacquer shine. The ground-breaking liquid formula is packed with pure colour pigments for rich colour, phenomenal shine and supreme comfort that last all day. Sweep on with the innovative applicator with a built-in micro-reservoir that holds the perfect amount of lacquer within the wand.

Reviews (1999)
Photos (174)
Rebecca W.
Rebecca W.

I had gotten the shade Meteoric Matte but the thing is these didn't dry very matte which kind of puts the rating of this very low because it failed to do what the name implied. Although it wore pretty good throughout the day, this does not dry down completely so it's NOT transfer proof which is also what I was expecting. But if your not really worried about any of this then this would be a great product! I was just expecting more that was all. The color was extremely pigmented and absolutely gorgeous so overall if you think you would like these things then it's a good product to try! It does have a bit of a chemically smell to it but it's not overpowering and I do not find that it lingers on throughout the day. Also your lips are not dried out at the end of the day and they make your lips feel like velvet when you rub them together. They don't last through eating and drinking but other than that they pretty much last all day! Standard doe foot on these but they have a little dip in the applicator so it picks up more product. Overall their pretty good! Side note: There is a filter on my picture but I had bad lighting so it is only to show the closest to the shade that I could get.
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA

The only reason I give this one star is because it's a cute color. I got the one in galaxy and I really liked the packaging. It was all geometrical and stuff. I even tend to like Rimmel products but I bought this on a whim without checking reviews and it was difficult for me to even wear. There are so many cons. 1) I can't wear the packaging so I have to get to the product. 2) The product is like a lip gloss and it fades pretty fast. 3) It SMELLS SO BAD!!! I get nauseous and get a migraine when I smell this stuff. And it doesn't fade as you wear it. I hate to be near myself when I wear it. I only wonder what toxic ingredient was soooooooo necessary to make this smell this bad. It's awful. By the by, I'm not super sensitive to smells but this one was just so noxious that I can't even open the thing anymore.

Final verdict: The thought of it gives me a migraine. If you're sensitive, avoid like the plague. Strike that: if you can smell, avoid this like the plague. Kimmel has so many other products that are worth your time and sensory glands. I recommend leaving this one at the store.
Gina G.
Gina G.

The fact that this is called "lip velvet" is pretty spot on. This product has a very soft, velvety consistency on the lips. It feels almost "dry", but is not drying on the lips, if that makes sense. Though it is matte, it still provides moisture, and isn't as drying as some other liquid lipstick products. The staying power is ok - it isn't totally kiss-proof and does come off a bit when eating. However, it doesn't wear off patchy or peel off, which is good. This shade (Meteoric Matte) is a pretty, deep berry color that is perfect for Fall. This doesn't have the best scent/taste, though - it's a bit waxy and chemical-y smelling. This shade isn't as bad, but the other shade I purchased (Atomic Rose) is almost unbearable. I'm not sure if I got a bad tube or what. If I see any other shades, I may be willing to try them, but I'll probably just stick to my beloved NYX soft matte lip creams - they smell SO much better, and they're cheaper!
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN

I actually have a tube of this in the bottom of my makeup box. If it was a favorite, it would be on the top. I'm a huge lip product lover, and for this to be at the bottom of my makeup box, that says alot. I'm not too big on the color first off. It seems runny to me and looks caked on my lips when i apply it. Maybe if i got a different color, i would like it, but I'm not positive, because I'm just not big on the formula. I'm not a Rimmel fan at all really. I don't "like" the "London look" like they advertise. I like the "American" look, because I'm American. Ive had this tube for probably a year now, and have used it maybe a total of 5 times. Not too fond of this at all. Definitely not good quality.
Millie O.
Millie O.
Staten Island, NY

Own this in Out of this World (pink) and in Galaxy (mauve pink) and I like them. They go on smooth and pigmented. I like the applicator tip because it's not overly fuzzy so you don't get a glob of product on it that you have to scrap away. It has a little pocket (hole) on the slanted tip applicator that holds a bead of product enough to get a nice swipe on your lips.
The gloss does not stay on all day but I didn't expect that much from it. I mainly bought it because I liked the colors and they happened to be on clearance.
The gloss does have an odor to it. I can only explain it as a petroleum jelly scent. Not exactly the greatest but I'm not overly sensitive to it. For me it's bearable.
Brandy O.
Brandy O.
Rochester, NY

I have two of these in the matte formula and for a drugstore brand I have to say they are really good! I have Burning Lava and Orangeology. They are super duper pigmented and bright! Orangeology is seriously to die for. I don't have to apply a ton of coats, I coat is enough, and I find that they don't bleed as much as other liquid to matte formulas. Another thing I noticed was that even though they are matte, they did not dry completely matte. I was a bit bummed about that, but it was nice because it didn't dry out my lips like other brands!
Alexis L.
Alexis L.

I believe that the name "lacquer" quote this quite well. I purchased this at my local CVS and I was not quite sure what to expect. The price was great and the packaging is very cute. When I first tried this, I thought that it may be a liquid lipstick. It is in a sense. It does not dry down completely and it is not matte. It is wet and highly-pigmented. I wouldn't call this a gloss either because I feel that it leaves behind a nice stain. The only downside would be the funky smell and taste.
Krystal H.
Krystal H.
Choctaw, OK

Maybe it's just the color I bought, but this product really was awful. It smells really strong and disgusting (to the point where I actually can't wear it), it has little to no staying power, applies patchy and streaky, the texture was really gross, and it settles into lines on your lips. It's just bad. I bought this a year ago and I only used it twice and I hated it both times—the smell and the amount of times I had to reapply wasn't worth it.

I usually love Rimmel, but this was a big no.
Tanya C.
Tanya C.
Victoria , TX

I have had this lip lacquer for about a year and haven't really picked it up too often. I have the shade nude eclipse and although the shade is completely gorgeous I can't get past the smell ! It's very strong and plastic Smelling. The texture of the lacquer is pretty sticky and doesn't last at all . I'll use this when I need a true nude because I have yet to find another at the moment . If it didn't have the bad smell and lasted longer I'd definitely buy more
Gabriela S.
Gabriela S.
Riverside, CA

I bought this product hoping it would dry matte (as the packaging says) and it never did! I put it on, waited about five minutes and it was still very liquid almost like a thick gloss. I waited another 10 minutes, then 15, after about 25 minutes I realized it was never going to turn matte. So I decided to remove it because I don't like that thick glossy feeling. If you can deal with glosses, this shouldn't be too bad for you.
Samantha N.
Samantha N.
Moncton, NB

Does it have that sticky feel to it?
Brandy T.
Brandy T.
Benton, AR

What colors have you tried? I got Celestial in my JollyVoxBox
Kim M.
Kim M.

Has anyone been able to find it in the stores and what stores have you seen it in?
Oreale A.
Oreale A.
Rockville, MD

Does it have an odd taste or odor, because I've heard in reviews that they do, what do you think?
Angela G.
Angela G.
Bronx, NY

Does it go on smooth and is it sticky

Join Now