Add a Photo

By RIMMEL LONDON
#218 in Lip Gloss

This product has been discontinued.

See similar products.

The end of colour as you know it. Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer combines the intense colour of a lipstick with a smooth lacquer shine. The ground-breaking liquid formula is packed with pure colour pigments for rich colour, phenomenal shine and supreme comfort that last all day. Sweep on with the innovative applicator with a built-in micro-reservoir that holds the perfect amount of lacquer within the wand.

Reviews (2016)
Photos (179)
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA
The only reason I give this one star is because it's a cute color. I got the one in galaxy and I really liked the packaging. It was all geometrical and stuff. I even tend to like Rimmel products but I bought this on a whim without checking reviews and it was difficult for me to even wear. There are so many cons. 1) I can't wear the packaging so I have to get to the product. 2) The product is like a lip gloss and it fades pretty fast. 3) It SMELLS SO BAD!!! I get nauseous and get a migraine when I smell this stuff. And it doesn't fade as you wear it. I hate to be near myself when I wear it. I only wonder what toxic ingredient was soooooooo necessary to make this smell this bad. It's awful. By the by, I'm not super sensitive to smells but this one was just so noxious that I can't even open the thing anymore.

Final verdict: The thought of it gives me a migraine. If you're sensitive, avoid like the plague. Strike that: if you can smell, avoid this like the plague. Kimmel has so many other products that are worth your time and sensory glands. I recommend leaving this one at the store.
Millie O.
Millie O.
Staten Island, NY
Own this in Out of this World (pink) and in Galaxy (mauve pink) and I like them. They go on smooth and pigmented. I like the applicator tip because it's not overly fuzzy so you don't get a glob of product on it that you have to scrap away. It has a little pocket (hole) on the slanted tip applicator that holds a bead of product enough to get a nice swipe on your lips.
The gloss does not stay on all day but I didn't expect that much from it. I mainly bought it because I liked the colors and they happened to be on clearance.
The gloss does have an odor to it. I can only explain it as a petroleum jelly scent. Not exactly the greatest but I'm not overly sensitive to it. For me it's bearable.
Alexis L.
Alexis L.
I believe that the name "lacquer" quote this quite well. I purchased this at my local CVS and I was not quite sure what to expect. The price was great and the packaging is very cute. When I first tried this, I thought that it may be a liquid lipstick. It is in a sense. It does not dry down completely and it is not matte. It is wet and highly-pigmented. I wouldn't call this a gloss either because I feel that it leaves behind a nice stain. The only downside would be the funky smell and taste.
Krystal H.
Krystal H.
Choctaw, OK
Maybe it's just the color I bought, but this product really was awful. It smells really strong and disgusting (to the point where I actually can't wear it), it has little to no staying power, applies patchy and streaky, the texture was really gross, and it settles into lines on your lips. It's just bad. I bought this a year ago and I only used it twice and I hated it both times—the smell and the amount of times I had to reapply wasn't worth it.

I usually love Rimmel, but this was a big no.
JANET P.
JANET P.
When I purchased this liquid lipstick I thought it would have a more matte finish. Its more satin. I have a Burning Lava which is a red and Light Year which is a nice nude. While I love the colors, I notice the red can tend to feather and I am constantly concerned its transferred to other sections of my face. The nude is much more wearable. I am not sure I would repurchase any of the darker red colors.
Kristen D.
Kristen D.
May 12, 2016, 4:52 p.m.
Review for: 307 Metoric
I'm really not in love with this product. I have the color 102 Nova. Luckily I didn't buy it & my sister gave it to me. Anyway, when I swatched it on my hand it dried completely matte. Which I really liked. But then when I put it on my lips it just looks like a super pigmented gloss. It hasn't dried one bit on my lips. Honestly, I wouldn't repurchase this. I don't even know if I'll ever buy this again.
Amber S.
Amber S.
Raleigh, NC
I got this lip lacquer on clearance for less than $2 at a CVS. I love it! I haven't seen it anywhere since then but the one I picked up became my go-to for about 2 months! The flock on the applicator lines lips perfectly and even has a little divet inside to carry a little extra color so you don't have to re-dip which makes for a quick application. The color lasts a long time and was very pigmented!!
Vanna L.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
I received this in the colors "Out of This World" and "Apocaliptic" in a past Walmart Beauty box, and I love them! Their creamy, pigmented formula goes on and stays on, and it's not shiny or tacky like most drug store lip glosses. It does smell a bit strange, almost stale, but it you only smell it when applying and it's bearable to me. Not bad for drugstore glosses, and I usually hate lip gloss!
Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.
Florence , AL
These are hit or miss, depending on your color selection. If you get any colors with glitter in them, they dry down and leave obvious glitter sparkles all over your lips -- which is great if you're into that, but I'm 30 years old and I've left my glitter lips days behind me. Haha! They smell like... chemicals mixed with Vaseline, which is a little strange -- but the smell fades quickly.
Emily d.
Emily d.
Clayton, NC
I have the matte version in Atomic Rose. It is a pretty nude shade and I find that it does last a long time on the lips. It is not completely matte, however it does dry down after a while or you can simply blot your lips after applying to help the color look more matte. The only thing you might have to get past when using this lip lacquer is the smell of paint that it gives off.
Samantha N.
Samantha N.
Moncton, NB
Does it have that sticky feel to it?
Brandy T.
Brandy T.
Benton, AR
What colors have you tried? I got Celestial in my JollyVoxBox
Kim M.
Kim M.
Has anyone been able to find it in the stores and what stores have you seen it in?
Oreale A.
Oreale A.
Rockville, MD
Does it have an odd taste or odor, because I've heard in reviews that they do, what do you think?
Sobia A.
Sobia A.
Lodi, CA
I can hardly ever find this product anywhere. any one know what store I can find this from?