Add a Photo

By Rimmel

#38 in Mascara

• Bold, wide-eyed false lash look.
• Exclusive hour-glass brush shaped to the lash line to plump lashes, fanning them up and out for bold, wide-eyed volume.
• Volume stretched to the extreme. No clumps!

Photos (109)
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Rosamond, CA

So I've been using this mascara for a long time now and it definitely has some pros and cons. I purchased this one at Walmart and the pricing is good. The packaging reminds me of a retro vibe and I thought I'd be in love with the brush but I found that I'm not so much in love with it after struggling a few times. My lashes naturally curl pretty close to my lid and I always end up with mascara where I don't want it. The formula is okay but is is kinda clumpy and the brush applies too much so you end up with it caked on and not doing really what you want. I find that they don't really look like false lashes or really lashes for that matter.

I do like it for days when I just want more products but most days I seem to want to have a "my lashes but better" look. This doesn't deliver that too much. I wish the formula was a bit easier to work with and didn't get so clumpy. Also there is enough fallout for me to have to check throughout the day that my under-eyes don't look like I've gotten a black eye. My 6-year-old niece saw me and said "you have black stuff under your eye." Brutal but honest and I can't walk around all the time looking in the mirror.

Fun for some situations but not the best for everyday.
Anisha T.
Anisha T.
London

I have already written a review on this product on my blog, so to see that check out the link below:
asodyssey.wordpress.com

So my first impression was generally really good, the mascara really made my lashes look thicker and longer. But now that I've been using it more and more frequently, I've noticed that the actual mascara is very clumpy. The hourglass shaped brush really does not help either! Sometimes I get a good application and it looks amazing but this product is kind of hit and miss. There are quite a few days when this mascara just doesn't work, so in that sense it has let me down quite a lot! Wouldn't recommend it for daily use.

Aria M.
Aria M.
Greensboro, NC

I. Love. This. Mascara! I've gone through about 6 tubes of it because it's so amazing! It makes my lashes appear so dark and long, and sometimes if I'm going somewhere after school, I can layer another coat over the previous 2-3 coats I usually wear in the morning, and my lashes will look like they're falsies! I guess the only downside is how clumpy it gets when it starts to dry out, but thats probably just because I wait as long as possible to buy a new one lol
And for the price point ($6-7) you can't really go wrong! Give it a try!
(Also, I don't know why it came with an eyeliner this time... Not that I'm complaining haha)
Tamara K.
Tamara K.
Parma, OH

Let me start by admitting, am a mascara JUNKIE! an addict so to speak. if I could only wear one makeup item, mascara would be it. I have tried countless mascaras, from cheap dollar store, to expensive name brand. Rimmel's Scandaleyes Retro glam is by far my favorite! it has amazing coverage, it's bold, and it doesn't dry out and it lasts forever! this is my favorite, and I first tried it when it came out about 2 years ago. being the mascara junkie I am, I was still on a hunt for even better. 30+ mascaras later, this is still my go-to. it honestly makes your eyes POP!
Kaitlyn D.
Kaitlyn D.
Jacksonville, FL

This is the best mascara that I have ever used. I got it for free in my Influenster vox box, and now I refuse to buy anything else. I can get this at Ulta for under $7 and it thickens and lengthens my lashes. Sometimes it takes a few minutes longer to dry than other mascaras, but it is worth it because of the amazing look afterwards. If you want your eyelashes to look like you've got extensions in, this is your product. No clumps at all! It also comes in a waterproof option, which is also just as great as this one. I would recommend to anyone, definitely a 10/10.
Barbara R.
Barbara R.
Clementon, NJ

This mascara really makes your lashes look much longer and fuller. So if that's the look you're going for, this will do the trick. However, sometimes the lashes appear fake or dirty. Another con to this product is that it is so aggravating to remove. Sure, you can use makeup removal products, or a soft tissue / cotton ball, but it's a hassle. I'd rather stick to another brand at this point. If you're going on a first date or nice event, and looking to make a great impression, this is a great mascara. I don't recommend it for everyday, casual use, though.
Amy B.
Amy B.
Milwaukee, WI

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I hated this mascara. I thought I would love it. I did go on smoothly, covered my lashes well, even made them look longer and thicker, but it took forever to dry, so long that with every blink it left little black flecks on not only my eyelids but also under my eyes. I've tried it a few times to see if maybe it was because it was brand new , but NO each time I used it the same thing happened. I am leery to buy another Rimmel mascara, they are very affordable, but not if you can't use it!
Angela B.
Angela B.
Uniontown, OH

I use to love covergirl and decided to try a new brand of mascara. I bought this Rimmel London Scandleyes Retro Glam and it works great no clumps after 3 coats and gives some volume and length to my lashes. It isn't a dry formula which I like. I also like the hour glass shape because it is easier to apply in the corners without poking your eyes out. It doesn't flake which who doesn't love that. now the real test is tonight when I go bowling with the girls lets see how this mascara takes the heat. Will let you know tomorrow.
erikka m.
erikka m.
Jonesboro, AR

This is the only mascara I use. I have tried high end department store brands & I always go back to this one. I have very sensitive eyes & this is the only one that doesn't irritate them. It is very thick so I swipe off some of it on a tissue then apply it. I love the brush design it really helps get all of my lashes. If I do get in a hurry & get it on my skin I just let it dry & remove with a q-tip it comes right off. I also love that it's carbon black like the blackest black it really makes your eyes pop.
Amber R.
Amber R.
Homestead, FL

I absolutely love the brush that comes with this mascara, I tend to be a fan of the typical spoolie-type bristles rather than the rubber ones that many come with now. The size of the brush in combination with the wet formula really separate and lengthen my lashes. The packaging is great, too. It does look very retro. My only complaint would be that since the formula is very wet, it takes a while to dry and I often get that awful transfer onto my lids when I open my eyes. Other than that, great mascara!
Cheyenne M.
Cheyenne M.
Winter Park, FL

Who all highly recommends this?
Angelica A.
Angelica A.
London ontario

Does it actually work? And make eyelashes stand out ?
Kayla A.
Kayla A.
Woodland, Ca

I received this today in my voxbox, and I'm just dying to use it!! Should i be excited or is it not worth it?
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

Does this mascara flake off or cause smudging throughout the day?
Cassandra G.
Cassandra G.
Boulder, CO

Does this one clump easily or does it work well?

Join Now