Add a Photo

By RIMMEL LONDON
#19 in BB Cream

Rimmel bb cream matte - light

Photos (73)
Samantha B.
Samantha B.
Windham, NH
I love this stuff. I actually discovered it at Wal-mart, but they didn't have my shade, so I ended up buying it at CVS.

It's creamy but doesn't leave your face feeling wet, medium coverage, and buildable. I sometimes even use it to conceal red spots with a little bit of loose powder. I usually prime with SPF primer, then use loose powder, then top it with this BB cream. My face stays matte for up to 6 hours without a touch-up, and all I really need is a bit of loose powder to re-mattify this and keep it going all day. Doesn't dry out or cling too badly to dry patches. Plus, a little goes a LONG way.

It's one of the only BBs I've found with a decent SPF that doesn't A) smell like sunscreen, B) go on super thick, or C) leave sunscreen residue.

I have the fairest shade and it does lean a little dark (with a very mild orangey undertone, but I don't mind because it's perfect for that summertime glow). I just wish that they had a fairer color for in the winter because unfortunately, I turn pale in the winter time. But this is my go-to in the summer, and it's such a good price.

The only downside is that the formula is a little wet. Great for using just a little to get a lot of coverage, but bad for the packaging. It doesn't leak out of the packaging, but it does leak inside. When I open it, there is usually a bit of product around the whole applicator tip. I usually just scoop it up with my finger and use it, but it is a bit of a pain (and a little messy). I usually store the product on it's side to minimize this as much as possible.
Halley L.
Halley L.
I am on the hunt for a good summer BB cream that can last a long time, and this one was on my list to try for a long time. I finally tried it, and I like it well enough. I like that it has SPF 15 in it, and it does provide more coverage than a lot of other BB creams, which can be nice for my skin. I wear it in Light-Medium, which is a good match for my skin tone. I was hoping that it would do a good job of controlling my oil, and I found that it is decent at that. It works a lot better for me when I don't use a moisturizer before, otherwise, it does wear off pretty early in the day around my t-zone. Overall, looks ok, feels comfortable, and has decent staying power; I will get some use out of it. I do notice that this does sometimes accentuate uneven texture on my skin, which is not super great, but nothing that I can't deal with...but I probably won't repurchase again.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
Ve-0618333 roibel s.
AMO esta crema BB. Tengo una gran cantidad de enrojecimiento en la piel por lo que funciona bien para eso y es sorprendente que a pesar de que es una crema BB, que tiene una gran cantidad de cobertura. Esto es grande para alguien que tiene una tez aceitosa. Siempre puse el mío con un polvo de ajuste después, aunque de todos modos. Además, es muy bueno para la protección de la piel contra los rayos UV nocivos, ya que tiene 15 SPH. También me gusta la consistencia, así; que tiene un gran fluidez a ella por lo que un poco va un largo camino. El único problema que encuentro con el producto es el olor. No es de olor fuerte, por cualquier medio, pero creo que una vez que comience la adición de SPH a cualquier producto, realmente no se puede escapar algo de ese olor "playa". Todos en todo lo que realmente no se puede superar el precio, aunque!
Daniela M.
Daniela M.
Great coverage, I apply it as concealer for my under eye circles and the medium shade is a bit orange/pinkish so it does a good job hiding my dark circles. It has Spf. It did not cause breakouts. No strong scent. It feels moisturizing. This are the only things I like about this bb cream.
What I didn't like; the packaging, the liquid is runny and cap gets messy. This did not make my oily combo skin matte. It felt sticky. I applied powder and an hour later oil seeped through. I had applied it on moisturized skin so maybe the matte effect works better on clean non moisturized skin?
I was expecting this to be better at mattifying but failed on me. I purchased the product and is overpriced in my opinion. Will not purchase again.
Allison F.
Allison F.
De Witt, IA
Gotta give this 5 stars. Some of the traits of this product, other people don't like, but I'm digging it. First off, my biggest reason for buying this was that it had SPF in it, but I couldn't smell the sunscreen at all (can't stand that scent). I wanted an everyday makeup I could wear that had coverage, spf, but no smell. For an everyday product, I find it has good coverage. It also hides my redness (I've got lots of redness) & lasts much longer than most of my foundations. It goes on matte and stays matte most of the day. It's easy enough to apply with your fingers (is just a bit thick) but can be applied thinner using a damp beauty blender. It has a slight orange undertone, but doesn't look bad with my skin tone.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Arlington, TX
I LOVE this BB cream. I have a lot of redness in my skin so it works well for that and surprisingly even though it is a BB cream, it has a lot of coverage. This is great for someone who has an oily complexion. I always set mine with a setting powder after though anyways. In addition, it's great for protecting your skin against harmful UV rays as it has 15 SPH. I also enjoy the consistency as well; it has quite a fluidity to it so a little goes a long way. The only con I find with the product is the smell. It's not strong smelling by any means, but I think once you start adding SPH to any product, you can't really escape some of that "beach" smell. All in all you really can't beat the price though!
Stephanie A.
Stephanie A.
Gainesville, FL
The product seems to be good for those without oily skin. I had seen beautiful results on people and immediately wanted to try it. Found a shade that was pretty close to my natural shade, which made me even more excited to try. The first time I tried it I didn't use primer and after 3 hours of wear it started to look weird on my skin. Mind you I work indoors so it couldn't have been sweat. So the next day I tried with a primer. Same results but this time it took 6 hours. Sad to see this product not work for me because it feels so soft and airy I would still recommend people try it, just be aware it might not be the best for oily skin.
Abbey B.
Abbey B.
Pinckney, MI
Ohhhh I did not like this. The shade selection is very limited so I chose the light shade which ended up being WAY too light for me but the next shade was too dark. On top of that it felt very heavy on my skin considering it's supposed to be a BB cream. Typically, BB creams give you a lighter coverage and almost lightweight feel but this doesn't give it to you. It feels like a heavy foundation. It doesn't blend well into the skin and it makes you look like you are wearing a layer of makeup rather than a 'my skin but better' type of look. I was not impressed with this product unfortunately.
Megan H.
Megan H.
Edmond, OK
I'd almost say that this product is more like a clay than a cream. It's incredibly thick and a little goes quite a long way. It is pretty full coverage and is indeed matte. If you're looking for a pretty natural look then this might not be the BB cream for you. Sometimes I notice that clumps up a little bit when I put it on and try to blend it out because it's so thick and clay-like. I don't have oily skin, but the makeup itself makes it feel thick and oily and if I touch my face then I can see the makeup coming off onto it very easily even though I used powder to set it.
Isamar G.
Isamar G.
I had to go to 6th grade camp to be a cabin leader for 6th graders but I have horrible acne marks and redness and I'm very self conscious and I didn't want the girls to look at my acne after I washed my foundation off at night so I bought this to put off after. This has so many benefits. The color was good, covered my redness so it looked less noticeable, very light, also helps acne and it has other many benefits. I definitely recommend this for like going to the beach or store when you want light coverage but protection from the sun. For the price, it's amazing.
Robin N.
Robin N.
Can this be worn alone for light coverage?
Eleanor T.
Eleanor T.
Can this be used as well as a foundation?
Kayla W.
Kayla W.
Does this BB cream have good staying power?
Lola L.
Lola L.
Oregon City, OR
Can i put this in my eye
Remya a.
Remya a.
Culver City, CA
How does this product work on oily skin? Will it make skin look greasy during summer.