Rhino Records The Future Starts Here: The Essential Doors Hits

by Rhino Records

The Doors: Jim Morrison (vocals); Robby Krieger (guitar); Ray Manzarek (piano, organ); John Densmore (drums).The Doors have long been ensconced in the pantheon of rock immortals, and their moody, literate, psychedelic rock still proves an alluring listening experience decades after the band's dissolution. From Ray Manzarek's swirling, carnivalesque keyboards to Robby Krieger's wiry guitar work to Jim Morrison's evocatively poetic lyrics and baritone croon, the Doors have an utterly distinctive sound that recalls the darker side of the 1960s while still sounding fresh today. THE FUTURE STARTS HERE provides a lot of overlap with previously released best-of sets in that it features all the band's essential tracks, including "Light My Fire," "Break On Through," "Riders on the Storm," and "Roadhouse Blues," among others. But at 20 tracks FUTURE can afford to throw in some lesser-known cuts, and with the inclusion of gems such as "Moonlight Drive," "Peace Frog," and "Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar)," it's here that this compilation earns its stripes. For a set that covers all the necessary bases and then some, this is an ideal choice.

I don't know who this is. ..
Me la recomendaría será buena?
Anyone else here for the badge?
Start your review of Rhino Records The Future Starts Here: The Essential Doors Hits!
Kalamazoo, MI
What a great band! And Jim Morrison is just incredible. This album is very good. Great album to listen to while driving.
This is a staple to any classic rock collection. I love this album. If you don't already have it. Hurry and go get it!!!
Lexington, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love the doors! Thank you for being so different and out there so that the rest of us can enjoy something so beautiful!
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This really is essential. It contains all their best songs. I really recommend this, I never get tired of listening.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love the doors their music is so beautiful the lyrics are so passionate theirs no way u could go wrong with them.
Riverbank, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The Doors made such great music.My dad and uncles introduced me to there music when I was younger now I'm obsessed.
Long Beach , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Love the doors! just epic. the lyrics and the beat of the music just one of kind. my favorite is break on through.
Anaheim, CA
I grew up listening to the doors and when I saw this I just had to get it! Jim Morrison is serious such a babe! 😍
Atlanta, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The musicians in this band were phenomenal and Jim was a great singer. It's a shame that they couldn't do more.
Fort Madison, IA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love The Doors. They have an awesome sound. I love Jim Morrison's voice. I have quite a few favorite songs!