BY RHINO #40 in Music

Fleetwood Mac: Lindsey Buckingham (vocals, guitar); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards); Stevie Nicks (vocals); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums).Producers: Fleetwood Mac, Richard Dashut, Ken Caillat. Principally recorded at The Record Plant & Wally Heider Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California; Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida; Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood, California. This deluxe edition of RUMOURS includes a bonus disc featuring outtakes, demos, and jam sessions. Fleetwood Mac: Lindsey Buckingham (vocals, guitar); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards); Stevie Nicks (vocals); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums).Producers: Fleetwood Mac, Richard Dashut, Ken Caillat. Principally recorded at The Record Plant & Wally Heider Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California; Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida; Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood, California. Includes liner notes by Dave DiMartino. Personnel: Lindsey Buckingham (vocals, guitar); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Stevie Nicks (vocals); Mick Fleetwood (drums, percussion).Liner Note Author: David Wild. Photographers: Herbert Worthington III; Sam Emerson. The reviewers tell us what to buy, but the public actually part with the cash. Surely 26 million people cannot be wrong, as original Mac guitarist Peter Green's creation became the prime example of AOR long after his departure. The inner strife and turmoil of the band is credited as having helped to make this many-headed beast into such a success. Keyboardist Christine McVie sparred with husband/bassist John, and singer Stevie Nicks scrapped with boyfriend/guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. Drummer Mick Fleetwood held the emotional mess together with confident steadiness as demonstrated in his confident, inventive playing throughout the record. Nicks' fiery vocals on "Go Your Own Way" complemented McVie's beautifully understated style on tunes like "You Make Loving Fun," exemplifying their successful fire-ice dichot. see more...

Rhino Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [35th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition] [Box]
  • "This album is kind a of wild considering what was going on with the band while making it...nonetheless im obsessed and would recommend it to anyone who wants to check this band out for the first time." in 2 reviews
  • "You cant stop singing once you push play. " in 1 review
Deb K.
Talk about an 80s classic! I wore this album down from playing it so much and when the Sony Walkman entered the picture, this was one of the first cassettes I got! And we even had an 8-track copy in our house! The playlist on this album is amazing, one great hit after the other... nothing disappoints. And I always thought Stevie Nicks had so much personal style (she looked great in American Horror Story!). I downloaded the album to my playlist and still listen - very happily and relaxed - all the time. One of the best band of the ages.
Brianne R.
Pop Culture Expert
This deluxe version of Rumors is worth it just for Christine McVie's haunting demo of "Songbird". It's also cool to hear the evolution of some of the songs from demo to finished version. "The Chain" was nearly unrecognizable, and the chorus of "Go Your Own Way" was much improved by the final recording! The album is a tiny but interesting view into the recording process and of the songs' journey to the finished versions we're all accustomed to. The finished album is the icing on the cake!
Denise M.
Sandpoint, ID
Are you kidding?? Best album ever. This is a no brainer, young and old fans alike love this one. Give this Album to your kids, your grand kids, your neighbor. Fleetwood Mac is a solid 10. Honestly I love these guys and this is just the perfect album for everyone. The music brings back such memories. If you don't have this yet please go get it.
Jamie B.
Fleetwood Mac is impossible to listen to without being in a good mood. I grew up listening to this because of my parents, and I'm glad I rediscovered them! I definitely recommend getting this if you're a fan! I prefer having a physical copy of my favorite artists than buying it online.
Sarah S.
Parma Heights, OH
Pop Culture Expert
This album stands up to the test of time. These songs are beautiful and the harmonies a amazing. This is full of great songs. But was recorded in a time that people listened to albums all the way through and I still think that is the best way to listen to it.
Jennifer C.
Watertown, TN
Fleetwood Mac is the best band around! Stevie Nick's has a voice like no other. She makes you feel her words, not just hear them! I saw them twice on their last tour and would go another 100 times! Just an amazing group altogether!
Amanda H.
Pop Culture Expert
Fleetwood Mac is one of my favorite bands. I have many cds, tapes, and vinyls. I love the story of Fleetwood Mac and to this day they are still heard by younger generations. They are classic and absolutely timeless.
Edith A.
Van nuys, CA
This entire album speaks to me!! It just makes me remember good times and bad times. But then it also has a way of pumping you up ! Defiantly my favorite album to cruse around and listen too! I swear song bird will be my wedding song!
Nina P.
Johnstown, PA
Love Fleetwood Mac. They have such emotional and inspirational songs. When I listen to this album I can feel it in my heart and all through my body. I feel it pumping through my veins and making me feel every song emotionally.
Callie C.
Baton Rouge , LA
If I could give this album more than 5 stars I would! It is simply amazing. One of the all time greatest albums ever made! Stevie Nicks' voice is incredible. If you haven't already listened to or purchased this you 100% should!
Cheyenne P.
Lititz, PA
Pop Culture Expert
What is your favorite song?
Myia D.
Baltimore, MD
Is this a play or a CD?
Taylor F.
Pop Culture Expert
What's your favorite song on the album?
Patricia O.